2017 State of Origin #1 - NSW Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
From all reports Tommy was a lock until he got injured. DCE is on the nose with the Queenslanders so no surprise he didn't get a look in. Horhay has been great for us but I suspect his lack of confidence under the high ball will hold him back from rep work. Walker has been good in spurts but has been a little inconsistent IMO. Uate , Kelly and Green ....well only the most staunch Manly fan would consider them Origin chances.

Walker is better than Hayne. Walker is 22, so could be a mainstay. Totally ran rings around and exposed Hayne last Saturday night. I am bias I know, but Hayne hasn't been great.

Walker has been playing right centre and Hayne is named at left I presume. Not that you will get an argument from me on Hayne's lack of impact this year, but they play different sides so Walker would be up against Dugan for a spot.

When you think about it there isn't a lot of options out there in NSW left centre land.

J Morris - been there done that
Jennings - see above (injured ??)
Croker - solid club footballer, but really not that exciting
Latrell - lazier than Hayne and way too young.

Not much to chose from. That's NSW's problem. Limited talent pool in the halves and centres it seems. If Origin was won by having fullbacks in your team we would be world beaters, at one stage we could have had Teddy, Hayne, Tommy, Dugan, and Moylan in the 17. Bird prefers fullback too from all reports. Where are all the good centres ?

For the record, my team would have been.....

FB - Dugan
WG - Addo-Carr
CE - Walker
CE - Ferguson
WG - Hayne
FE - Moylan
HB - Maloney
PR - Woods
HK - McInnes
PR - Vaughn
SR - Jackson
SR - Cordner (c)
LK - Trbojevic

Res - Frizell, Klemmer, Fifita, Bird

Of the side that was selected.....
  • Pearce (15 games, 4 wins, 0 series wins) long ago out-lived his Origin welcome
  • Brett Morris is well past his best
  • 7 of the 17 are from bottom 8 clubs (Dogs 3, Tigpies 2 & Tits 2). Only 1 of them (Klemmer) isn't in the starting side.

Backline is woeful , it's going to be a massacre!!

Smith / Cronk / Boyd will have a field day through the backs!!

So another typical blues line up of picking players out of position.

Dugan, Hayne, Frizel, Bird and Jake all playing different roles to club footy.

The Bird call is probably harsh I admit as he has proven to go well there previously.

Loz's Logic on why he did not consider Vaughan the form prop in the NRL.....

“A couple of those guys that have been rewarded in this extended squad have played well now for 18 months and that’s what you want to see,” Daley said.

Loz you fool . What are you sniffing with that Snoz of yours ???
What the fck has Hayne done in the last 18 months to be selected ahead of the form centre Dylan Walker .
In 18 months time it will be too late to pick the form Prop in Vaughan because you would have lost the series and your NSW job .
laurie-daley-nrl-coach-getty.jpg

I reckon the team, bench and extended players lean towards a switcheroo before long. I reckon bird will start and maybe jake. The bench doesnt look balanced.

Jakes defence will see him start but as a rookie they dont want that out there yet, the big friz will drop off for impact later and i suspect either hayne , tadesco or dugan are carrying an injury and may not play, bird to centres, with moylan to the bench

Just a hunch

I just don't think James would make it at SOO, a bit like trent merkin, goes well at club level but wont have the impact at SOO level. Vaughn on the other hand should be there.
Oh but Merrin played for Australia only a month ago so you would think based on that, that he should be good enough to play for his state.

A lot of negativity in relation to the team, which I don't really get. Yes, you could have put Hayne on a wing and started Bird/Walker (and then had Peachy on the bench) but that's about the only change I personally think could have been made.
Hayne is a knob, don't get me wrong.. BUT the bloke steps up at Origin time. He always does something special on the big stage and is proven at this level. People have short memories at times. Walker did okay last year, I thought. But I would still have chosen Hayne for experience, and the big moments factor. I also would start Wade Graham and bring Frizell in off the bench, he has that explosive power which can break a game open as opposed to Graham who is more of a stayer...
Overall, I think we have a much better forward pack (much better!) and a way better bench. They have Cam Smith and Cooper Cronk but that's about all that worries me about the team. If JT doesnt play, and NSW don't win with that roster, Daley needs to get the ass after game 1.

A lot of negativity in relation to the team, which I don't really get. Yes, you could have put Hayne on a wing and started Bird/Walker (and then had Peachy on the bench) but that's about the only change I personally think could have been made.
Hayne is a knob, don't get me wrong.. BUT the bloke steps up at Origin time. He always does something special on the big stage and is proven at this level. People have short memories at times. Walker did okay last year, I thought. But I would still have chosen Hayne for experience, and the big moments factor. I also would start Wade Graham and bring Frizell in off the bench, he has that explosive power which can break a game open as opposed to Graham who is more of a stayer...
Overall, I think we have a much better forward pack (much better!) and a way better bench. They have Cam Smith and Cooper Cronk but that's about all that worries me about the team. If JT doesnt play, and NSW don't win with that roster, Daley needs to get the ass after game 1.
" BUT the bloke ( Hayne) steps up at Origin time. He always does something special on the big stage and is proven at this level. People have short memories at times. "......

Do you have a short memory bringbackbeaver ?
In 2015 Hayne left the NRL chasing NFL rainbows in the States and since then he played 9 games for the Titans in 2016 and to date in 2017 he has played 6 and that is a total of 15 NRL premiership games since 2015.
An athlete can not compete at their potential unless they are well conditioned playing regularly in the gruelling NRL comp refining their skills and physical and mental resilience.
I personally believe that the NSW coach and his selectors have joined Hayne chasing rainbows which is unfortunately because SOO games are won in the hard grind down to earth football fields
chasing-rainbows.jpg

I agree with most except starting Graham in the place of Frizell, Frizell is playing as a middle forward with Jackson and Cordner on the fringe.......Graham is a fringe player. This means if you want impact from Frizell your start Jake

They are all grasshoppers when it comes to origin !!

Game three 2015 convinced me of that. the total stitch up to hand Qld a series win was the 'straw to break the camels back.'

I've hardly given a damn of soo since then and those who knew of my passion for the series were shocked when I all but turned my back on it.

Still...'go nsw' but I'm now firmly a 'club man.'

" BUT the bloke ( Hayne) steps up at Origin time. He always does something special on the big stage and is proven at this level. People have short memories at times. "......

Do you have a short memory bringbackbeaver ?
In 2015 Hayne left the NRL chasing NFL rainbows in the States and since then he played 9 games for the Titans in 2016 and to date in 2017 he has played 6 and that is a total of 15 NRL premiership games since 2015.
An athlete can not compete at their potential unless they are well conditioned playing regularly in the gruelling NRL comp refining their skills and physical and mental resilience.
I personally believe that the NSW coach and his selectors have joined Hayne chasing rainbows which is unfortunately because SOO games are won in the hard grind down to earth football fields
View attachment 5540
Haha can't help but laugh at the picture. Yes, as I stipulated @BOZO Hayne is a knob. But it doesnt mean he's a knob that can't win matches. For example, I think most would agree that the biggest reason we last won the origin was because of Hayne. As far as the whole preach on what athlete can and can't do, no offence mate, but I highly doubt you're in a position to question Hayne's athletic abilities. Hayne gives us experience, and an X factor. The bloke isn't paid 1.2 Million a year because he's a crap player. Crap person, perhaps, although I'm not so sure... At this stage, I'll stick with the best players possible as opposed to looking at selections for NSW with only my Manly hat on.

Hayne is a knob, don't get me wrong.. BUT the bloke steps up at Origin time. He always does something special on the big stage and is proven at this level. People have short memories at times

Spot on @bringbackbeaver. He's underdone physically, but he pulls off shiit no one else can regardless.

Hayne is a knob, don't get me wrong.. BUT the bloke steps up at Origin time. He always does something special on the big stage and is proven at this level. People have short memories at times

Spot on @bringbackbeaver. He's underdone physically, but he pulls off shiit no one else can regardless.
How can you perform at your best when your underdone physically ???
How can you give 100% when your not at your 100% ???
When was the last time he pulled of something ??? anything ??? :)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10