2017 Rugby League World Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
600 posts on the RLWC ?

I can honestly say I haven't watched one second. I couldn't give a flying continental.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Firstly well played Tonga. They have a damned good side and have reached a stage that is at least competitive with the top three now. Samoa was complacent and needs to up their game if they want to stay under 50 against Australia.

Lebanon played very well and gave Australia a real scare for a while there until fitness levels started to show. That ref though needs to swallow his whistle. He was ruining a great spectacle with his constant penalties, many for very minor issues, some quite in error. We dont need that style of ref work here. Australia played well within themselves and gee there was a lot of mistakes.

A few points. Cam Smith played only OK in the first half but if I was the Roosters I'd be concerned about getting Cronk. His performance was quite ordinary and predictable often sending the ball back inside instead of the outside backs and finding his supports easy meat. DCE would have been far better. Munster played well but was given enough opportunities to do so while Tom T was at times a shag on a rock. But what Tom did was professional and he gave Gagai great ball. His defence was excellent, though these commentators need spectacles, at one time commending two other players for a try saving tackle that Tom made almost alone. And quite frankly Woods is a thug. I hope he's suspended

But looking forward to seeing the four island teams up against Aus, NZ, Eng and Lebanon next week. I'm beginning to like what I see.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
One thing I have noticed about this Kangaroos team during the WC is that whichever side the Melbourne players are on the field is generally where the ball goes, especially when Smith is dummy half which is almost always.

vs England - Cronk on the right, Morgan on the left. The ball went 80% went to the right or up the middle with Slater. While Morgan was starved of possession, he in turn starved Dugan and Holmes when he did get it.

vs France - Morgan on the right, Munster on the left. The ball went about 80% to the left or up the middle with Slater. Again, while Morgan was starved of possession, he this time starved Chambers and Tommy.

vs Lebanon - Cronk on the right, Maloney on the left (no Slater at FB). This was about 60-40 to the right, but 7 or 8 times out of 10 Cronk would do exactly what Morgan did against the French and immediately turned it back inside. Although unlike Morgan, Cronk at least gave Tommy and Gagai decent ball and some room to move at times.

Last edited:

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Just to add to that, I have my own theory on why its been like that so far. I have the feeling that Smith and Cronk wanted/want Munster as the 5/8 instead of Morgan (or Maloney) which is why in the 2 games he has played, Morgan was basically starved of possession. But in the games Munster has played, the ball has been sent to his side of the field plenty of times allowing him to get involved and impress more.

But surely Smith and Cronk wouldn't be that petulant now would they......:think:

USA Rugby League Fan

Premium Member
This World Cup has brought tears to my eyes. The quality of footy has been incredible. Tonga vs NZ last night was incredible. Tonga vs. Samoa was the best. PNG vs Ireland was amazing. Lebanon vs France was awesome. Fiji with our lads have been a pleasure to watch. I think I've watched about 75% of the games. Thankfully my Wife is understanding! I love the US team. We gave it a go in our first game against Fiji and scored 2 tries. We were awful against Italy. I'm wearing my stinky body odor stenched and stained USA Hawks jersey and will not wash it after we're out of the World Cup which looks highly likely considering we're playing PNG at home. Good lord we're in for a beatin tonight. If I didn't have rugby league I swear I'd go insane.

Shoe1

Journey Man
One thing I have noticed about this Kangaroos team during the WC is that whichever side the Melbourne players are on the field is generally where the ball goes, especially when Smith is dummy half which is almost always.

vs England - Cronk on the right, Morgan on the left. The ball went 80% went to the right or up the middle with Slater. While Morgan was starved of possession, he in turn starved Dugan and Holmes when he did get it.

vs France - Morgan on the right, Munster on the left. The ball went about 80% to the left or up the middle with Slater. Again, while Morgan was starved of possession, he this time starved Chambers and Tommy.

vs Lebanon - Cronk on the right, Maloney on the left (no Slater at FB). This was about 60-40 to the right, but 7 or 8 times out of 10 Cronk would do exactly what Morgan did against the French and immediately turned it back inside. Although unlike Morgan, Cronk at least gave Tommy and Gagai decent ball and some room to move at times.
That’s true, but I guess the game plan was to target the French right second rower and centre in defence. The left guys were super league and baitieri. Possibly the right were third tier comp players.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Interestingly at the end of Meninga's presser when asked about Munster he said "he's a great player and I thought Tommy Turbo was pretty good for us tonight if not probably our best player". Wow, awesome kudos from Mal for Tom :clap: :rock:
Mal is definitely a fun of the Turbo clan. Probably already eyeing off broheim no.3 for a Kangaroos’ jersey.

One of the two younger boys was shown in the crowd last night.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Kumuls are just having a training run with the US :confused:
The bad thing is for the US they actually have a reasonable structure, as they should with Brian mcdermott as coach, but are incapable of making their one on one tackles.
And their ball control.

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
I thought Tommy had a very solid game especially in comparison to Gagai and Holmes. In an Australian team you just have to play your part. Nothing too falshy, no (or little) mistakes and stay in position.

Kevinward777

First Grader
This World Cup has brought tears to my eyes. The quality of footy has been incredible. Tonga vs NZ last night was incredible. Tonga vs. Samoa was the best. PNG vs Ireland was amazing. Lebanon vs France was awesome. Fiji with our lads have been a pleasure to watch. I think I've watched about 75% of the games. Thankfully my Wife is understanding! I love the US team. We gave it a go in our first game against Fiji and scored 2 tries. We were awful against Italy. I'm wearing my stinky body odor stenched and stained USA Hawks jersey and will not wash it after we're out of the World Cup which looks highly likely considering we're playing PNG at home. Good lord we're in for a beatin tonight. If I didn't have rugby league I swear I'd go insane.
That’s awesome mate, refreshing to read a post containing passion and positivity. I swear, there are some miserable SOB on here. It’s as if they go over every thread with a fine toothed comb. desperate to release some of their seemingly unceasing misery at any slight opportunity. Existentialism at its worst, they live under a perpetual cloud, pointing fingers towards every perceived failing they think they find. Give me someone like you @Manc Yank any day, hope you enjoy your afternoon champion.

USA Rugby League Fan

Premium Member
That’s awesome mate, refreshing to read a post containing passion and positivity. I swear, there are some miserable SOB on here. It’s as if they go over every thread with a fine toothed comb desperate to impart some of their seemingly unceasing misery at every chance. Existentialism at its worst, they live under a perpetual cloud, pointing fingers towards every perceived failing they think they find. Give me someone like you @Manc Yank any day, hope you enjoy your afternoon champion.
Thanks mate. That's mighty kind of you. I could use a big hug right now. The USA are getting thumped by PNG 0 - 34 !!!! hahaha. I think people really fail to realize how great rugby league is. It truly is the greatest sport on the planet. It's a combination of skill, power and brains. I read on one of the previous posts about someone not watching any of the RLWC games which blows my feeble mind. The games have been really really good. I literally watch about 3-4 games every week during the regular NRL, SL and USARL season. Lots of Super League too! I recognized a lot of these players which is cool. I really believe this code will make a huge impact stateside. I'll probably watch Ireland vs Wales and then pretend like I'm sleeping on my side so the Wifey won't get pissed off at me and watch England France until 4 AM here. I watched every Manly game this year except against Cronulla yet luckily I can go back and watch on my app. Winning! Cheers Bro. Coop

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18
15 7 8 -47 18