2017 forwards looking good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think they tried to play Jamil this year but the NRL would not let him due to his past.

He wasnt selected in 2015 because he was in gaol and Manly had cancelled his contract. He started this year after his release and while still on parole playing for Narraweena. After he had completed his sentence and impressed for Narraweena, Manly brought him back to play NSW Cup, virtually on probation by the club. He wasnt allowed to play first grade though until he had completed various courses required by the NRL. He is apparently still to complete some of those requirements but should be eligible for first grade by the beginning of next years comp.

It seems Manly think highly of Jamil but they and the NRL want him to continue to prove he's leaving his stupidity behind him. Personally I support that tactic. If he wants to play the game he needs to prove himself not only as a footballer, but as someone who has really learned his lesson. If they had treated him softly, he would probably not have taken it seriously enough.

Based on the strongest rumours this is how our forwards look for 2017 so far.

8: D Lussick
9: M Parcell
10: S Moa
11: M Taupau
12: J Buhrer
13: J Trbojevic

14: A Koroisau
15: A Fonua-Blake
16: S Matagi
17: J Hopoate

18: W Meehan
19: S Lane
20: B Lawrence
21: L Brown
22: N Myles

F*ck you still have Myles and Brown there. Damn those strong rumours of yours.

That's a very solid forward squad u got there. I like Jake at lock - he and Ferris nice n mobile and the rest of them very aggressive with a bit of intimidation and toughness. Not many packs would get over us and would definately be a group to get us a lot more go forward too. I like the addition of a few no frills barnstorming blokes to hit it up fearlessly also. We lacked that in 2016 big time.

If we dont add at least 2 decent players that will be the worst pack in the NRL, Newcastle included.

Don't worry though because the Raiders pack looked nothing in March 2016, and the Roosters and Warriors looked close to the best (or up there).

We need a decent draw, no injuries and a bit of mongrel and we could be alright.

If we dont add at least 2 decent players that will be the worst pack in the NRL, Newcastle included.

Don't worry though because the Raiders pack looked nothing in March 2016, and the Roosters and Warriors looked close to the best (or up there).

We need a decent draw, no injuries and a bit of mongrel and we could be alright.
Our pack is easily one of the best, what a stupid comment on ours being worse than Knights.

Highly doubt Api would get a bench spot now with the forwards we've got (main rumoured ones included) however, I think that's a very, very good pack for 2017 considering two years ago our forwards were something like Jake Trbo, Mason, Symonds, Buhrer, Lawrence, Dunamis Lui and Starling (probably missed a few, plus we had Hasson on the bench I believe :eek:). The recruitment in that area has been great, however the backs are hit or miss, hopefully a hit.

Don't think we will see Hoppa play in 2017, hasn't commenced any of the programs to satisfy the NRL (as we were told when we tried to play him in R 26) and as per the Packer arrangement he will have to spend 12 months in reserves, I think Meehan also needs to complete the programs prior to the NRL registering their contracts,

Don't think we will see Hoppa play in 2017, hasn't commenced any of the programs to satisfy the NRL (as we were told when we tried to play him in R 26) and as per the Packer arrangement he will have to spend 12 months in reserves, I think Meehan also needs to complete the programs prior to the NRL registering their contracts,
Meehan seems like the priority out of the two for us, ZtH said something like this (once questioned as to whether Matulino would come) "we have plenty of props for next year, including (main props) and Willis Meehan who's a monster" he also said that another prop is coming, either Moa or Matagi in my mind.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4