2017 Dally M Awards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Well, the 2017 Dally M awards produced some shocks.....

Dally M Fullback of the Year - Billy Slater (Melbourne)
Dally M Winger of the Year - Jordan Rapana (Canberra)
Dally M Centre of the Year - Dylan Walker (Manly-Warringah)
Dally M Five-Eighth of the Year - Gareth Widdop (St George Illawarra)
Dally M Halfback of the Year - Michael Morgan (North Queensland)
Dally M Prop of the Year - Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)
Dally M Hooker of the Year - Cameron Smith (Melbourne)
Dally M Second Rower of the Year - Matt Gillett (Brisbane)
Dally M Lock of the Year - Paul Gallen (Cronulla-Sutherland)
Dally M Interchange player of the Year - Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Penrith)
Dally M Coach of the Year - Craig Bellamy (Melbourne)

Dally M Medal Winner - Cameron Smith (Melbourne)
Dally M Captain of the Year - Cameron Smith (Melbourne)
Peter Moore Rookie of the Year - Nick Cotric (Canberra)
Top Point Scorer - Nathan Cleary (Penrith)
Top Try Scorer - Suliasi Vunivalu (Melbourne)
Tackle of the Year - Nathan Brown (Parramatta)
Try of the Year - Kyle Feldt (North Queensland)
Peter Frilingos Headline Moment - Mitchell Pearce (Sydney Roosters - FG win on Anzac Day)
Provan Summons People's Choice Medal - Clint Gutherson (Parramatta)
Female Player of the Year - Simaima Taufa (Jillaroos)

Congratulations to Dylan Walker for winning Centre of the Year :) And although he is no longer at Manly its good to see Gutho get rewarded for the year he was having before he got injured.

But some of the other selections? For team of the year I do actually agree with Slater and Smith, but the rest......

Jordan Rapana over Addo-Carr, Vunivalu or Radradra? I know Smith and Slater would have taken points from their wingers, but how does Rapana beat Semi?

Michael Morgan played only 13 games at halfback (minor round), during which the Cows had a 7-6 record, including losing 5 of their last 6 games. He played 10 games at 5/8. How does he beat DCE or Cronk? Cherry gets MoM for the win over the Chooks at Brookie, yet scores no Dally M points???

Woods? Marty Taupau's lack of discipline cost him, just like Taumalolo. I also think Jake was very unlucky.

And how does a guy who played started 17 of his 24 games get Interchange player of the Year?

Last edited:
No prizes for guessing which media pretty much owns proceedings. The DT is full of the Dally M's, splashing Smith's ugly mug all over the place while there is only 2 stories about them on the SMH's website, one of which is the Messenger family slamming the NRL for being snubbed.

Totally agree with Holden V8s comment about Michael Morgan. Very good player no question and has played outstanding football during the finals. But how he can be declared half back of the year on Dally M awards shows what a distorted process it is. He's not on the same page as a half as Cronk or DCE in my opinion. Playing just over 50% of his matches at half and during that period the Cowboys defeated only one (Parramatta) final 8 side. I'm not a fan of Dally M because sometimes I think the people assigned to give points either dont even watch most of the game or have decided already before the game who they will lean towards. I look at the players this forum picks as its players of the round (and its usually clear cut) and its not even close most of the time to what these jokers determine.

Considering that when the Dally M Points when secret DCE was just behind Smith, its pretty crazy that he was so far behind at the end. He had some absolutely cracking games in the second half of the season yet polls no votes.

DALLY M VOTING AFTER ROUND 19

Cam Smith is the early front-runner.

ROUND 19

Cameron Smith 21

Gareth Widdop 19

Michael Morgan 18

Daly Cherry-Evans 18

Billy Slater 16
--------
After Round 26 Chez (7 games) finished with 21 Points

Round 22 Easts game MOM earnt Chez 0, whilst Keary earnt 1 Dally M :confused:

The Round 25 Warriors game must have earnt him his last 3 points

Not that i am doubting you @HoldenV8 but that cant be right.

Its is correct, i was watching. Couldn't believe who scored the points. Chez got no points against the roosters and was clearly one of our best, Luke Keary picked up one point though??

Against the sharks DCE laid on two tries, two line breaks assists and kicked a filed goal and registered no points!! Also never won more than two points in a match other than the warriors match rd 25. Though he was clearly the best on park in perth against the warriors in the wet setting up 3 tries and kicking 40-20s to get us home! And MOM against sharks and warriors in perth.

Cam smith continually got 3 points even when there were better Melbourne players on that day!

Not winning the half is a disgrace, morgan played more than half of his games at 5/8 and his top form has come during the final series!

Woods winning prop is a joke

Cam smith won it on 33, Morgan second on 25! It was rigged. Smith kept picking up 3 points and morgan kept getting points in the final rds when his team kept losing ha

If Chez scored more points in perth against warriors when he got MOM, scored at least 2 points against sharks and 2 points against roosters when he got MOM like he deserved could of finished on 26-27 points

DALLY M VOTING AFTER ROUND 19

Cam Smith is the early front-runner.

ROUND 19

Cameron Smith 21

Gareth Widdop 19

Michael Morgan 18

Daly Cherry-Evans 18

Billy Slater 16
--------
After Round 26 Chez (7 games) finished with 21 Points

Round 22 Easts game MOM earnt Chez 0, whilst Keary earnt 1 Dally M :confused:

The Round 25 Warriors game must have earnt him his last 3 points

Thats total BS.

Glad I didnt watch it.

We got awarded the most streamed team award by Telstra lol. People will bash us for not travelling after this hahahhaha
As I think it was @mickqld said, apologies if it wasn't, Turdburger made sure we got bugger all free to air games so what else can you do if you don't have Fox other than go up the boozer.
I'm thinking it's because Manly supporters are the most tech savvy...

As I think it was @mickqld said, apologies if it wasn't, Turdburger made sure we got bugger all free to air games so what else can you do if you don't have Fox other than go up the boozer.
I'm thinking it's because Manly supporters are the most tech savvy...
True, didn't even think of that

Unfortunately not a surprise about DCE. Our first win of the year was against the Cowboys with JT in round 3 without our starting props. DCE had a 40/20 that changed the early momentum and had a few try assists IIRC, but somehow scored no Dally M points.

The judge for that match was Kevin Walters... make of that what you will.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8