2016 Team List

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
I know this is done to death but was curious of what everyone though. Are we missing size still even considering the reduction in interchange and who will be our 5/8? Below is my Week 1 Team List:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufua
3. J. Lyon (c)
4. S. Matai
5. P. Hiku
6. M. Parcell
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. J. Trbojevic
9. A. Koroisau
10. D. Lussick
11. L. Brown
12. J. Buhrer
13. N. Miles

14. B. Lawrence
15. F. Mateo
16. T. Symonds
17. J. Starling / A. Demetriou / L. Knight

The advantages I see to this lineup is that playing Parcell in the 6 gets him on the field and not taking a bench spot. If Api needs a break we could move Parcel to 9 and have Mateo come off the bench into the 6.

Also, Jake can play very big minutes which will help with the reduced interchange. Lawrence and Lussick can swap and Symonds and Miles can swap if required. Then either Starling, Knight or Demetriou can provide some spark while Jake is resting. Both Brown and Buhrer can play the full 80 so we have a lot of flexibility.

Tom T would provide backline cover which will no doubt be required. This gives him another year between U20s and FG to work on his defence.

I still would like to see a big time forward brought in to insert into the squad to move Lussick to the bench.

Thoughts?

I know this is done to death but was curious of what everyone though. Are we missing size still even considering the reduction in interchange and who will be our 5/8? Below is my Week 1 Team List:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufua
3. J. Lyon (c)
4. S. Matai
5. P. Hiku
6. M. Parcell
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. J. Trbojevic
9. A. Koroisau
10. D. Lussick
11. L. Brown
12. J. Buhrer
13. N. Miles

14. B. Lawrence
15. F. Mateo
16. T. Symonds
17. J. Starling / A. Demetriou / L. Knight

The advantages I see to this lineup is that playing Parcell in the 6 gets him on the field and not taking a bench spot. If Api needs a break we could move Parcel to 9 and have Mateo come off the bench into the 6.

Also, Jake can play very big minutes which will help with the reduced interchange. Lawrence and Lussick can swap and Symonds and Miles can swap if required. Then either Starling, Knight or Demetriou can provide some spark while Jake is resting. Both Brown and Buhrer can play the full 80 so we have a lot of flexibility.

Tom T would provide backline cover which will no doubt be required. This gives him another year between U20s and FG to work on his defence.

I still would like to see a big time forward brought in to insert into the squad to move Lussick to the bench.

Thoughts?
Good team, do u think tom will leave if not given an opportunity.

Tom t is just 18 I would have him in there somewhere maybe for Hiku but I think they will use him for backup and will come in season 17 as a full timer. If Lyon plays pivot then the opening is there but it's all wait and see at the moment . I also think jorge t will have to step up or next year could be his last . That's the mail I'm hearing. The forwards look good to me.

Good team, do u think tom will leave if not given an opportunity.

I don't think he will. He only recently turned 19 so has next year in the U20s. Gutho left because he was so far down the pecking order at FB and didn't want to play centre. That would suggest Tom is being put ahead of him. I can see 1 or more of Snake, Killer or Skivvy retiring at the end of 2016 so that will open a spot on the wing of FB for him in 2017.

For what it's worth, I see Hiku and Ramien as our future centres with Taufua on one wing and Tom T as the fullback. I suspect this will be as early as 2018 too.

Tom t is just 18 I would have him in there somewhere maybe for Hiku but I think they will use him for backup and will come in season 17 as a full timer. If Lyon plays pivot then the opening is there but it's all wait and see at the moment . I also think jorge t will have to step up or next year could be his last . That's the mail I'm hearing. The forwards look good to me.

Taufua played well last year I think. Will be interesting to see how his 2016 goes though. I like pur forwards but am slightly concerned about depth. I would love to see either Tapau, Tamou or Moa added into the mix if any became available!

I see what ur saying but highly unlikely that any of those three forwards will be with us in 16 . Might get one the following year .

I see what ur saying but highly unlikely that any of those three forwards will be with us in 16 . Might get one the following year .

I agree with you. I think we are prettyuch set for 2016. Any cap clearing that is going on wpuld likely be for 2017 and beyond.

While I think we will be a top 8 team next year we lack the forwards impact and depth to really make a charge. 2016 will be a building year with 2017 the opening of the new premiership window for Manly.

I think regardless of what the lineup will be I think we can all agree it will be an improvement to this year! we have introduced a SOO forward, J.Turbo will be one year stronger, Cherry won't have the off field distractions, welcome back Beurer, and most importantly we won't have people in the team who doesn't want to be there! through all the adversity we finished 9th I'll be looking forward to enjoying seeing the boys run out come finals time! #gomanly

Parcell to 5/8 cause Lyon don't have a real passing or kicking game or pace. Tom will probably play 10-15 games depending on injuries to the Backline.
Knight will make his debut on the bench but I suspect him to take someone else's place in the backrow.

Tom t will be in the side regardless in 17 when killer retire that's concrete . He will still get some chances in 16 I'd think . If Hiku or taufua slip up he's in . On our forwards it could only be depth that may cause a headache but I'm liking the look of the front row of jake and nate . I think nate will be awesome for him and we have back up with addison demitrio and young knight as well as starling and Lawrence and just think they were our starting front row in 14 . Next year is going to be great I think . Top 4 is not out of the equation. Bring it on I'm sick of mowing the f.....g lawn .

I like Myles at 13.
I think Api is more likely to start at 6 than Parcell.
Id see Barrett wanting a backline / hooker utility on the bench not 4 forwards.
Turbo on the wing
Hiku or Parcell on the bench.

I like Myles at 13.
I think Api is more likely to start at 6 than Parcell.
Id see Barrett wanting a backline / hooker utility on the bench not 4 forwards.
Turbo on the wing
Hiku or Parcell on the bench.
Sounds OK but we're do u think the maestro barrett will play Buhrer if that's the case . Lawrence to the front row with jake ?

Casting a long bow with Lawrence and Buhrer at the moment. Remains to be seen if they come back next year the same players we once knew.

Sounds OK but we're do u think the maestro barrett will play Buhrer if that's the case . Lawrence to the front row with jake ?
If api starts at 6 then Parcell will start at 9 but i see Api at 9, parcell bench with Jake n Bj staring props Myles 13 Lussick 1st change prop, starling 2nd bech prop then a 2nd rower onthe bench. Starting 2nd rowers will be a fight between Mateo, Buhrer, symonds and Brown.

Not a bad team.

Sou
If api starts at 6 then Parcell will start at 9 but i see Api at 9, parcell bench with Jake n Bj staring props Myles 13 Lussick 1st change prop, starling 2nd bech prop then a 2nd rower onthe bench. Starting 2nd rowers will be a fight between Mateo, Buhrer, symonds and Brown.

Not a bad team.
Sounds OK to me mate .

My team for round one (assuming no injuries):

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Api Koroisou
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12.Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Matt Parcell
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Lewis Brown

+ I have a feeling there will be another forward in there somewhere, maybe pushing Myles to the bench. If this happens, I have a feeling Lawrence may be released (just guessing).

+ I am unsure if Koroisou will be playing. Depends on his recovery from his partner sad, sad situation.

1 B Stewart
2 J Taufua
3 J Lyon
4 S Matai
5 P Hiku
6 A Koroisou
7 D Cherry Evans
8 J Trbojevic
9 M Ballin
10 N Myles
11 F Mateo
12 T Symonds
13 J Buhrer

14 L Brown
15 B Lawrence
16 J Starling
17 M Parcell

I Think Matty Ballin will still be in the side. Good to have Lewis Brown off the bench to cover the backs & forwards Matty Parcell to bring some spark into the team. Cant see Darcy really making first grade until he gets the silly errors & mistakes out of his game Tim Molzten could be a suprise package if he stays injury free. Bring on the trials and 9s

1 B Stewart
2 J Taufua
3 J Lyon
4 S Matai
5 P Hiku
6 A Koroisou
7 D Cherry Evans
8 J Trbojevic
9 M Ballin
10 N Myles
11 F Mateo
12 T Symonds
13 J Buhrer

14 L Brown
15 B Lawrence
16 J Starling
17 M Parcell

I Think Matty Ballin will still be in the side. Good to have Lewis Brown off the bench to cover the backs & forwards Matty Parcell to bring some spark into the team. Cant see Darcy really making first grade until he gets the silly errors & mistakes out of his game Tim Molzten could be a suprise package if he stays injury free. Bring on the trials and 9s
Ballin won't be playing that's for sure

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8