2016 NRL Draw thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Here is a breakdown of how many times teams get a Ch.9 game in the first 20 rounds.

South Sydney - 14
Brisbane - 12
Canterbury-Bankstown - 10
Parramatta - 9
Sydney Roosters - 9
Penrith - 9
St George Illawarra - 9
Wests Tigers - 9
North Queensland - 6
Manly Warringah - 5
Cronulla - 4
Canberra - 4
Melbourne - 3
New Zealand - 2
Gold Coast - 2
Newcastle - 1

Cue the Nein/Sam Burgess love fest.....

Great breakdown there @HoldenV8........!

Just shows how ****ed up the NRL is............the teams getting less air time from Channel Nein games could be at a major disadvantage and therefore could lose out on potential sponsorship money. Extremely unfair and shows blatant favouritism to a few clubs. If I was a Knights fan/sponsor I would be fuming, it is bad enough that we only get 5 games.......!

Great breakdown there @HoldenV8........!

Just shows how ****ed up the NRL is............the teams getting less air time from Channel Nein games could be at a major disadvantage and therefore could lose out on potential sponsorship money. Extremely unfair and shows blatant favouritism to a few clubs. If I was a Knights fan/sponsor I would be fuming, it is bad enough that we only get 5 games.......!

Rabbits has got his Eels a fair bit of air time, considering their shiit.....
Gus has got the Panthers in there as well.
And the Bunnies, well f@ck me, between Packer and Rusty it's a wonder they didn't get the lot.

Remember the voice overs Nein did at the start of (I think) 2014 with Sam Burgess and SBW? What's the bet we get that and more with the opening game between the Vermin and Rorters being a complete "Welcome back to rugby league Sam Burgess" love fest.

If you're not a Souffs fan, whatever they do is going to be sickening to watch.

I am not the only one that thinks our draw is unfair.............!! :mad:

One Sunday game at Brookvale Oval in the first 20 rounds
November 27, 2015 1:20pm
Jon GeddesManly Daily

THE Sea Eagles and their fans have been dudded by the NRL in the draw for the first 20 rounds of the 2016 season released on Friday.

The club has been allocated two home games on Thursday nights and another two on Monday nights — the worst possible timeslots, especially for families.

One of those Thursday night games will be Kieran Foran’s much anticipated return to the “fortress” with Parramatta on April 14 which would have been a guaranteed full house if played on a Sunday.

To make the situation even tougher to cop, the team will only gets one Sunday afternoon game at Brookvale against Penrith on June 14 — even though that has been proven to be the most popular with fans where the atmosphere is second to none.

Sea Eagles stalwart and premiership-winning captain Max Krilich shook his head when he heard about the draw.

“Sunday afternoon is the best thing in the world for rugby league and Brookvale Oval,” Krilich said.

“I think it is very poorly done, it’s an unfair draw, it’s as simple as that.”

Read more...........
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...625724388?sv=4f661c83bbb6d08ca126a92a0818acd6

Remember the voice overs Nein did at the start of (I think) 2014 with Sam Burgess and SBW? What's the bet we get that and more with the opening game between the Vermin and Rorters being a complete "Welcome back to rugby league Sam Burgess" love fest.

Oh yes how can I forget, it brought puke to my throat each and every time.

From NRL.com

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

Play twice: Bulldogs, Sharks, Rabbitohs, Warriors, Eels, Knights, Cowboys, Raiders, Panthers.
Play once: Wests Tigers, Roosters, Broncos, Titans, Dragons, Storm.

Starting point: Manly begin their season under new coach Trent Barrett at home against the Bulldogs in a blockbuster Friday night clash at Brookvale Oval. They have a 10-day turnaround for a meeting with the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval, before a tricky string of matches against the Roosters (away), Rabbitohs (home) and Warriors (away).

Tough run: Between Rounds 9-11, Manly take on the reigning premiers North Queensland, travel to Suncorp Stadium for a clash with 2015 grand finalists Brisbane, before taking on the Sharks at Shark Park. It is a three-game streak that could prove critical for the Northern Beaches club at the backend of the year. The Sea Eagles are also slated for seven Monday night games in the opening 20 rounds.

Show-stoppers: There is plenty of intrigue in the opening round Friday night blockbuster against the Bulldogs with a new-look Manly outfit hosting former coach Des Hasler at Brookvale. There will also be plenty of spice in the Round 7 clash with the Eels with plenty of player movements in the offseason. Kieran Foran is the high profile mover, but there is also Darcy Lussick, Clint Gutherson and James Hasson coming up against their former club.

Origin impact: (Byes: Rd 12, Rd 18.) Manly have a pretty decent bye schedule, the only game they play during the Origin period is in Round 15 against the Titans, meaning Nate Myles is likely to miss a match against his former club, while Daly Cherry-Evans may be spared from travelling to the club he famously back-flipped on.

Here is a breakdown of how many times teams get a Ch.9 game in the first 20 rounds.

South Sydney - 14
Brisbane - 12
Canterbury-Bankstown - 10
Parramatta - 9
Sydney Roosters - 9
Penrith - 9
St George Illawarra - 9
Wests Tigers - 9
North Queensland - 6
Manly Warringah - 5
Cronulla - 4
Canberra - 4
Melbourne - 3
New Zealand - 2
Gold Coast - 2
Newcastle - 1

Cue the Nein/Sam Burgess love fest.....

The average is about seven games, so we're 2 under par, despite our strong roster. The 7 Monday games didn't help our chances of getting more free to air games.

Last edited:
Even the defending premiers only get 6 games on Nein in the first 20 rounds.

Queensland and Cowgirls fans will be spewing. Sam has more pull with Nein than JT lol.

I notice in those first 20 rounds that the Donkeys are on Nein more times than the Cows and Tits combined.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
They were great seats. I thought afterwards, I bet that doesn't happen again.:(

I worked with Dave Perry on that BUT the big plus at the time was I was the Bronco's travel agent, so knew all the staff including the membership/ticketing lady.....I spoke to her, then Dave Perry who spoke to Paul White, and Bingo, 200 seats on half way behind the players.

Yep won't happen this year

28 Nov 2015 Manly Daily
Sarah Swain
Oval blow for Sea Eagles

COUNCIL TURNS DOWN COUNTER-OFFER IN DISPUTE OVER RENT

WARRINGAH Council has rejected an offer from the Manly Sea Eagles over unpaid rent for Brookvale Oval.
At a closed-door meeting this week, councillors decided to turn down a “counIt ter-offer” made by the club, a month after the council put an offer on the table to come to an agreement over $400,000 in outstanding rent.
The amount is outstanding from the whole of last season, with the club previously claiming the ground had not been maintained properly, something the council disputes.
Councillors also voted to tell the club the original offer would remain on the table for another week.
A Sea Eagles spokesman said: “We continue to have productive discussions with Warringah Council and look forward to kicking off round one at Brookvale Oval in 2016.”
The club has paid only about $75,000, it is understood. The Sea Eagles have accused the council of “forcing them out” of Brookvale.

How come Manly seem to get no footy during the s.o.o. part of the year.

nrl.com says this year we only play the titans and have 2 byes.

Something like this happened over the last couple of years (I think.)

Recently we haven't been over taxed with player losses to soo.

Is it because the nrl want to protect their favs by not wanting understrength teams (eg broncos) having to play the mighty eagles?

Is that why????

nrl protecting the sweetie pie teams from manly?????

damn nrl!

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

I'm not saying it's Aliens.......

But it's Aliens!

:spaceinvader::alien::alien::alien::alien:

28 Nov 2015 Manly Daily
Sarah Swain
Oval blow for Sea Eagles

COUNCIL TURNS DOWN COUNTER-OFFER IN DISPUTE OVER RENT

WARRINGAH Council has rejected an offer from the Manly Sea Eagles over unpaid rent for Brookvale Oval.
At a closed-door meeting this week, councillors decided to turn down a “counIt ter-offer” made by the club, a month after the council put an offer on the table to come to an agreement over $400,000 in outstanding rent.
The amount is outstanding from the whole of last season, with the club previously claiming the ground had not been maintained properly, something the council disputes.
Councillors also voted to tell the club the original offer would remain on the table for another week.
A Sea Eagles spokesman said: “We continue to have productive discussions with Warringah Council and look forward to kicking off round one at Brookvale Oval in 2016.”
The club has paid only about $75,000, it is understood. The Sea Eagles have accused the council of “forcing them out” of Brookvale.
So if they don't pay in another week, what then?

Seriously people... Just goes to show I have lost nothing by not renewing my membership.. As I'm self employed very rarely can I make a Thursday, Friday or Monday night game... Fridays are easier but still a pain.. Saturday & Sunday no problem.
Guess I will be hitting foxtel this coming season then.. :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4