2016 NRL Draw thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It shows how much the TV stations (Nein and Foxtel) dictate who plays when. Its all about ratings and a return on their billion dollar 'investement'. And shock horror the teams that rate higher (i.e. Brisbane, Souffs, Speels) have been looked after with FTA games on Friday's and Sunday's when it comes to the draw while those who don't attract the higher ratings (e.g. Manly) have been well and truly shafted.
I am so sick and tired of the boncos being on free to air that I refuse to watch their games any more

Media - "Mr Greenberg, what is the NRL doing to reduce concerns for player welfare and burnout?"

Greenberg - "This was front and centre when putting together the draw. What we are going to do is reduce the interchange and put other measures in place to increase fatigue and the speed of the game. Then we will not change a thing with the draw. We will keep the same amount of 5 day turn arounds. But here is the trick, we will give them all to Manly so nobody will care!"

Media - "Total genius, Todd. Total genius!"

I am so sick and tired of the boncos being on free to air that I refuse to watch their games any more

Unfortunately when you're like me and live somewhere that the NRL is treated like it doesn't matter (i.e. Adelaide), you take whatever league you can get. That usually means Donkey Night Football on Nein.

I think they are missing the bigger picture

What about fan welfare.

How are we expected to go to the footy, have a few beers, then kick in until sunrise celebrating the win 3 times in 10 days.
If we can beat those 3 teams in 10 days then we shouldn't be made to play them in the semis. Consider them knocked out by manly already.

Players can push themselves past the usual limits of endurance, with 1978 one of the most famous examples. But what did it take out of our blokes? After that effort it took us 9 years to win again, whereas up to that time we'd been winning every couple of years.

Players can push themselves past the usual limits of endurance, with 1978 one of the most famous examples. But what did it take out of our blokes? After that effort it took us 9 years to win again, whereas up to that time we'd been winning every couple of years.

Don't worry mate, they'll flog them, then sack them, then employ a new set for 2017.

We have been in touch with fans from all 16 clubs and there are a lot of positives for their planning in their 2016 campaign," Greenberg said......Ok when did this occur,and I wonder who the fans from our club that were consulted,another load of garbage and lies from this clown

We have been in touch with fans from all 16 clubs and there are a lot of positives for their planning in their 2016 campaign," Greenberg said......Ok when did this occur,and I wonder who the fans from our club that were consulted,another load of garbage and lies from this clown
He meant 16 fans from the Bronco's.

Do you reckon the NRL are trying to force us into a situation where they push as to the brink financially and force the club to be bought by the NRL and thus forcing us to accept the new NRL competition agreement. In the process eliminating one of the clubs that are trying to force the NRL to cough up more cash. and also allowing the NRL to dictate that we play out of SFS.

It really could be the NRL fighting back against the rebel clubs.

Here's a shock. The NRL is not going to look at changing the draw for 2016.
Gee, and I thought they were seriously going to help Manly's plight.

All they would need to do is move the Monday game to Sunday and the following Thursday game to Friday making both breaks 6 days.

Who said I wasn't a genius ?

The Bongos could play on Thursday night. Imagine the uproar ? The koalas of the NRL.

With Manly committed to playing the Bonkos' home match at Suncorp for the next three years, I take it this means we will probably never again see Manly V Brisbane at Brookie Oval.
Talk about treating Manly members and fans like dirt!

does anyone know when the timing for the later rounds is released? i'd love to take my dad down for a holiday in manly to see a sunday afternoon game, but the june panthers game won't work for me

does anyone know when the timing for the later rounds is released? i'd love to take my dad down for a holiday in manly to see a sunday afternoon game, but the june panthers game won't work for me

They usually wait until about Round 15 or 16, under the pretense that they will schedule matches based on teams ladder positions, only to ignore that and just schedule games the same as they did for the first 20 weeks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8