2016 newcomers and youngsters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we keep our good kids or depth is looking good next year. Our 2011 win was on the back of experience mixed with that last nyc grand finalist squad coming through. That has to be our game plan next 2 years. But the club now has some work to do in retention of those kids.

I see a different make up to our forward pack to most, I think Buhrer, Mateo, Brown and Symonds are all at their best on an edge for this reason I see us using Myles, Lawrence and Turbo in the lock position all playing big minutes, this allows us to turn Lussick and whoever the 4th prop is more quickly to keep them fresh.

Also think Parcell will be deadly coming off the bench with tired forwards under reduced interchange regime. Between him, Buhrer and Brown we are completely franked in terms of utility value, for this reason I can't find a spot for Symonds.

Lyon is the obvious five eighth for me, deft passing back on the inside to stewart and running block plays with Mateo/DCE/Snake, can still take on the line and make a break himself and will have Snake/Parcell speed sniffing around to finish it off. His short kicking game is miles above Foran and he can put up some handy bombs, long kicking game is passable and always takes the right option in regards to putting the ball over the sideline or trapping them in a corner.

This also frees up a centre spot for Hiku where he is an incumbent international and far more effective than he is on the wing where he is probably not fast enough, in one tighter he can set up his wingman and still play the metres game, defends much better when he doesn't have to make as many decisions one on one. Also lets us use Turbo.

Ballin and Api are pretty interchangeable for mine, however Ballin will miss the first month of the season through injury so Api gets the nod. We are still light on one impact forward, but hopefully Lawrence will be freed up a little to play this role with some support from Myles and Jake. Lussick will also help with this role. I would like to see us keep Willie Mason for a year as an insurance policy in case Knight and Demetriou don't come on as we'd hoped, either of these two are capable of being that impact player at lock.

Stewart
Trbojevic
Hiku
Matai
Taufua
Lyon
DCE
Trbojevic
Api
Myles
Mateo
Buhrer
Lawrence

Parcell
Brown
Lussick
Knight/Demetriou/Starling/Fonua-Blake

Another positive of moving Lyon is that I think he has been blunted somewhat by the brilliance of DCE, they are both class players who can create tries in their own right, I think at the moment they can get in each others way a bit.

Will allow us to get a better look at the likely successors in Hynes, Wright, Parcell and Cust and purchase accordingly if required when Lyon retires, it's the perfect succession plan in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
I see a different make up to our forward pack to most, I think Buhrer, Mateo, Brown and Symonds are all at their best on an edge for this reason I see us using Myles, Lawrence and Turbo in the lock position all playing big minutes, this allows us to turn Lussick and whoever the 4th prop is more quickly to keep them fresh.

Also think Parcell will be deadly coming off the bench with tired forwards under reduced interchange regime. Between him, Buhrer and Brown we are completely franked in terms of utility value, for this reason I can't find a spot for Symonds.

Lyon is the obvious five eighth for me, deft passing back on the inside to stewart and running block plays with Mateo/DCE/Snake, can still take on the line and make a break himself and will have Snake/Parcell speed sniffing around to finish it off. His short kicking game is miles above Foran and he can put up some handy bombs, long kicking game is passable and always takes the right option in regards to putting the ball over the sideline or trapping them in a corner.

This also frees up a centre spot for Hiku where he is an incumbent international and far more effective than he is on the wing where he is probably not fast enough, in one tighter he can set up his wingman and still play the metres game, defends much better when he doesn't have to make as many decisions one on one. Also lets us use Turbo.

Ballin and Api are pretty interchangeable for mine, however Ballin will miss the first month of the season through injury so Api gets the nod. We are still light on one impact forward, but hopefully Lawrence will be freed up a little to play this role with some support from Myles and Jake. Lussick will also help with this role. I would like to see us keep Willie Mason for a year as an insurance policy in case Knight and Demetriou don't come on as we'd hoped, either of these two are capable of being that impact player at lock.

Stewart
Trbojevic
Hiku
Matai
Taufua
Lyon
DCE
Trbojevic
Api
Myles
Mateo
Buhrer
Lawrence

Parcell
Brown
Lussick
Knight/Demetriou/Starling/Fonua-Blake
Love your team and Lawrence in the back row in genius! Has Founa balked signed wouldn't be a bad one!

That's the rumour, he's a bit of a wayward character but is a junior Kiwi And a 116 kg wrecking ball, will need approval from The integrity unit to get a run in the top grade.

No one ever disagrees with me on Silvertails, it's far too civilized. Need someone like @Technical Coach Ripping into my thoughts on the team!

Seriously I am the thread killer, I post and all conversation dies, are my posts really that thought numbingly boring?

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4