2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So he speaks better than BS or Choc and that makes him a genius. Says more about you TC than them that you even use that as a measurement. Who ****ing cares. I wouldn't want to get caught in a lift with JT Lockyer Johns Alfie and plenty of others but I would pay a helluva lot more than Foran seems to want.

Pay Cherry and bring in Carney to play 5/8 on the cheap due to off field issues! Then we would drastically improve our halves for less money!!

Foran always says ' like I said ' before he says anything.
Better than "you know" after every four to five words or speaking so eloquently just to impress upon the media and differentiate yourself from the crowd.

Yeah over does the clichés at press conferences after games but when he found a question interesting or thought provoking he would slip in some insight and thought into his replies also---all be it game related but kept it short and to the point. (more a reflection of reporters dishing up brain-dead repetitive questions which deserve brain dead "like I said" answers"

No competition that DCE has a far better "more rounded" lol vocabulary but gave the impression he was trying to big note himself at the same time with his well spoken nature.

Yes, let's bring in Carney. The guy has a rap sheet bigger than 50 Cent and it is the totality of his madness that is the telling factor. This will only end one way and it will be us showing him the door. To me it is indicative of how low as a club we are sinking.

So he speaks better than BS or Choc and that makes him a genius. Says more about you TC than them that you even use that as a measurement. Who ****ing cares. I wouldn't want to get caught in a lift with JT Lockyer Johns Alfie and plenty of others but I would pay a helluva lot more than Foran seems to want.
Where in the hell do you get "that makes him a genius" I just at times found his short replies when asked the right questions had substance not debating whether or not he is the best speaker of all time and should be kept on our books.

I used them as a measure purely because we are on a Manly fan site nothing more to it.

I find Mason more interesting,more engaging and does not look down at people when he replies, he might not have the vocabulary of a DCE but I would still say well spoken and genuine----even Matai shows an element of confident composure at times along with many other Manly and NRL players.

Cronk is well spoken but I feel in some ways like DCE it is about impressing more than just being themselves.

I recall listening to an interview where Cronk stated he did analyse his replies in the past and hated how fast he spoke and wanted to improve in this area as a challenge to himself-----which I guess should always be encouraged.

Pay Cherry and bring in Carney to play 5/8 on the cheap due to off field issues! Then we would drastically improve our halves for less money!!
we need to spend on some good forwards as well .......

Damn that's 8 memberships down the gurgler!!!!!
NYEagle
How could anyone be proud to support someone like Todd "Bubbler" Carney? I have always been happy we didn't have idiots like that in out team (except Choc). We have dead set hit rock bottom (like the sharks or the raiders) if he we have to sign that clown.

What makes me confident it is not going to happen is that the media reported Toovey said it. Based on NRL 360 the last few weeks he doesn't really know what is happening with recruitment at the moment.

I Keep having this nightmare that the 2014 half back of the year had his contract offer withdrawn and he is going to be replaced by Todd Carney.
Please Joe Kelly think of the kids and stop DCE from leaving.

G'day all,Now that Forans gone will management admit they got it wrong and try to persuade DCE to stay.If it hadn't been for their vindictiveness we would still have him as their plotting and scheming has backfired big time.I suspect the reason it took so long for Foran to announce his defection was because the stories about changing coaches etc was being actively pursued and he was waiting to see the outcome.Look at the different standard of treatment of both players and the preferential treatment of Foran.No pulling of contracts,not told to explore options,change the coach, build better facilities we'll fight till the 30 june take as long as you like and they gave up on the other bloke without a whimper.
I say that the new management has been operating in a most unprofessional way based on a policy of spite and vindictiveness,and have now outsmarted themselves and we are now left with neither.Its my contention that they never really wanted DCE to stay and were convinced they could facilitate the circumstances to keep Foran.
cheers mike

I Keep having this nightmare that the 2014 half back of the year had his contract offer withdrawn and he is going to be replaced by Todd Carney.
Please Joe Kelly think of the kids and stop DCE from leaving.
Why keep players that want to leave time to move on and take some control not look back and feel life will not move on without either one of our present halves.

Looking forward to 2016 big time, at least the Titans games in the future will not be one of our lowest attended games(might break even next time around lol) so we should recoup some money back---- on top of adding more to the Manly Parra crowds bringing back that old school feel again.

We need to keep DCE. Management made an error taking his contract away before they knew what Foran was going to do with his future. You have one bloke saying I have an offer from the Titans for 1 million but I want to stay and play for Manly under Geoff Toovey and im very happy at this club, can you match it or increase your offer i would like to stay, then you have another bloke who is imo no where near as valuable saying i want to play for another team!! But they dont take Forans offer off the table instead they want to try and convince him to stay right up until June. Sorry, your wasting your time on the wrong player. To put it into perspective if DCE doesn't play on Sat night, we dont win. Not only did he put 3 tries on in 8 mins he made some unbelievable one on one goal line tackles. If he wants 150-200k more a season just bloody pay him and let hasson go and build the team around him for the next 10 years. If Manly's offer is not within that range then i would be upset with the offer too as players like merrin, Fifita, have recently signed for 750, JWH is chasing 750, warriors offered Jason Taumalolo 1 million. If Manly offer the same deal as Titans or even very close, Cherry will stay.

G'day all,Now that Forans gone will management admit they got it wrong and try to persuade DCE to stay.If it hadn't been for their vindictiveness we would still have him as their plotting and scheming has backfired big time.I suspect the reason it took so long for Foran to announce his defection was because the stories about changing coaches etc was being actively pursued and he was waiting to see the outcome.Look at the different standard of treatment of both players and the preferential treatment of Foran.No pulling of contracts,not told to explore options,change the coach, build better facilities we'll fight till the 30 june take as long as you like and they gave up on the other bloke without a whimper.
I say that the new management has been operating in a most unprofessional way based on a policy of spite and vindictiveness,and have now outsmarted themselves and we are now left with neither.Its my contention that they never really wanted DCE to stay and were convinced they could facilitate the circumstances to keep Foran.
cheers mike
What makes you think management got it wrong?

If the rumour is true(and I doubt it) that DCE was happy with the offer last year he should of signed then and there if he really wanted to stay.(that is the risk of doing BS "due diligence" or maybe he was conducting a BS Liberal Party funded cost benefit analysis that held him up so long but allowed a free trip to the GC, free meals at other clubs and free publicity to stroke his ego)

Plus another 4 here.

I will not take my kids to cheer on the bubbler.

DCE is our boy, Do something Mr Kelly while there is still time.
We've been taking the piss out of the bubbler at my house ...., how could we go and cheer him on?

Need to send a message on Friday night at Brookie, either a banner or a chant to make the owners aware and show the love for DCE.

Doesn't seem like the owners give a toss about their largest stakeholder. Asleep at the wheel, or drunk driving.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10