2016/2017 forward pack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
13. Mateo
12. Lussick
11. Buhrer
10. Myles
9. Ballin
8. Trbojevic

14. Symonds
15. Lawrence
16. Starling
17. Sao
18. Lui
19. Mason
20. Horo

Goodbye - Leary (2017), Hasson, Sene Lafao, Burgess, Baker,Vave.

I wouldnt just keep Leary, he would be in my starting team. Especially ahead of Mateo who I wouldnt even have on the bench.

8 Jake T
9 Ballin
10 Lawrence
11 Leary
12 Myles
13 Buhrer

14 Sao
15 Starling
16 Symonds
17 Hodges/Lussick

Lussick in the backrow???

Also no way would I be jumping to discard Leary

Lussick at the right price is a good pick up to strengthen the 4th Prop spot which he would be fighting with Starling & Sao. I do not think he would succeed in the backrow.

Can we run with Leary and Buhrer in the same team? Time will tell but Leary is doing a good job so far on cheap coin.

JSL will be better going back to a wider role as well.

Don't forget Addison will be coming through and will probably warrent a run sometime next year

8 - Lussick
9 - Ballin
10 - Myles
11 - Trjobovic
12 - Bird
13 - Buhrer

Res
14 - Lawrence
15 - Symonds
16 - Leary
17 - Hodges
Starling , Sao , Burgess, Mateo, Addison all fighting for the bench
* An energetic Mateo could easily make the 17 if fit & switched on

We never win a penalty count now.

I think Manly should adopt the Scum/rorters/dogs approach of constant infingement knowing the refs will not let the count get too lop sided. Especially in the first few tackles where there is less benefit compared to the last few.

Those 3 teams usually win the cound for the last 60 minutes of the game when things count

Blake leary has been a revelation this year. Along with both turbos be has been amongst our best, only injury has hampered him from playing more game time. imagine what this bloke will be like in another 12 months with a little more size and fitness of a full remainder of the season and a full off season. i reckon he reminds me of a young glenn stewart when he first came onto the seen. except he runs harder and tackles harder. i really like this young guy for the future and i think he will be here for a while yet.
And i think that chasing greg bird would be a monumental waste of cash. far better off to go after a great number 6 than to waste it on bird.

Here is how i see it next year.
8: Myles
9: Ballin
10: Trbojevic
11: Lawrence
12: Leary
13: Buhrer

14: Mateo
15: Lussick
16: Burgess
17: Senne lefao. (should be hodges but we all know it wont be)

If lawrence can return and remain fit and have a big off season he will be a beast in the second row. Leary tackles his heart out in the middle and does the hard stuff, and allows buhrer to run wider. mateo off the bench adds a little ball playing lussick and burgess give you 2 big boddies for grunt and agro, and jsl gives u the option of a big second row or an extra prop of needed. Still believe that ballin needs a break and hodges should be getting 30 minutes a game. even if ballin pushed into the back row in defence and allowed hodges to dummy half you would have the middle defence covered. lots of good times ahead.

Lets not forget the interchange rule is likely coming in 2016.

We want forwards that can play most of the 80 mins.

8. Lussick
9. Ballin
10. Trbojevic
11. Buhrer
12. Myles
13. Leary

14. Sao
15. Starling (Or Lawrence if he still has it post injury)
16. Symonds
17. Hodges

That pack will win us games.

I wasn't a huge fan of Tom Symonds when he first arrived but I'm starting to appreciate his toughness and versatility. There's some tough decisions to be made for next year...I'm hoping that Tom isn't over looked completely. I get the feeling he really enjoys being at the club plus he's a handy bench player for the money.

8: Jake
10: Myles
11: Buhrer
12: Symonds
13: leary

14: Jesse
15: Starling
16: Lusick
17: Hodges

8: Jake