2015 vs 2015 Comparison

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Just an interesting comparison of where we were after Round 25 in 2015 and where we currently are after Round 25 of this year.

Position - 9th
Played - 23
Won - 10
Lost - 13
Points For - 444
Points Against - 480
Players Used - 29
Most Tries - Brett Stewart - 16
Most Goals - Jamie Lyon - 47/65 (72.30%)
Most Games - Matt Ballin & Daly Cherry-Evans 22, Brett Stewart & Peta Hiku 21

Position - 12th
Played - 23
Won - 8
Lost - 15
Points For - 448
Points Against - 527
Players Used - 30
Most Tries - Jorge Taufua - 12
Most Goals - Jamie Lyon - 50/64 (78.12%)
Most Games - Lewis Brown 23, Siosaia Vave, Jake & Tom Trbojevic 22

Have we improved or have we gone backwards? The stats say we have actually gone backwards this season. We've scored 4 more points (less tries but more goals) but have conceded 47 more points and we have won 2 less games than this point last year.

Injuries have played their part I guess, but we have only used 1 more player than last year so the difference there is minimal really. I guess it comes down to team selection, who missed games though injury, how many games they missed and who they were replaced by etc.

I think our forwards are better but our backs are definitely worse. Our only attacking option is to throw the ball to a 19-year-old and hope he can continually make inroads. There are far too many ordinary players in our backline. For Barrett to play Poo in every match shows (a) how poor our backline is and (b) that he has a screwed view on Poo's ability.

I think our forwards are better but our backs are definitely worse. Our only attacking option is to throw the ball to a 19-year-old and hope he can continually make inroads. There are far too many ordinary players in our backline. For Barrett to play Poo in every match shows (a) how poor our backline is and (b) that he has a screwed view on Poo's ability.

Can't argue with that.

Thanks for the breakdown @HoldenV8.......!

So really IMO for Tooves to get us to ninth last year was absolutely amazing. He used 29 players but the injury excuse was not trumpeted out ad nauseam to deflect responsibility like it has been this year. (Anyway we all know Tooves was booted purely for political reasons.)

Was talking to some Faiders supporters yesterday and they were actually angry about Tooves being booted. They thought he was a great coach and a good clubmen which is actually great for the game as well overall. And were wondering why we ever got Barrett etc?

There is no doubt that some of our new recruits this year have not lived up to expectation, including the coach.

And no matter which way you look at it, this year we have definitely gone backwards vs last year.

I really, really hope we improve next year....................!!

Just an interesting comparison of where we were after Round 25 in 2015 and where we currently are after Round 25 of this year.

Position - 9th
Played - 23
Won - 10
Lost - 13
Points For - 444
Points Against - 480
Players Used - 29
Most Tries - Brett Stewart - 16
Most Goals - Jamie Lyon - 47/65 (72.30%)
Most Games - Matt Ballin & Daly Cherry-Evans 22, Brett Stewart & Peta Hiku 21

Position - 12th
Played - 23
Won - 8
Lost - 15
Points For - 448
Points Against - 527
Players Used - 30
Most Tries - Jorge Taufua - 12
Most Goals - Jamie Lyon - 50/64 (78.12%)
Most Games - Lewis Brown 23, Siosaia Vave, Jake & Tom Trbojevic 22

Have we improved or have we gone backwards? The stats say we have actually gone backwards this season. We've scored 4 more points (less tries but more goals) but have conceded 47 more points and we have won 2 less games than this point last year.

Injuries have played their part I guess, but we have only used 1 more player than last year so the difference there is minimal really. I guess it comes down to team selection, who missed games though injury, how many games they missed and who they were replaced by etc.

include the teams we defeated in 2015 / 2016... this will fine tune the comparison

also include the distractions, being hammered with the DCE / Foz contract saga, also the sharks circling Toovey and Johns circus

one thing you haven't factored in - but I guess it is subjective - is cattle quality.
I think that this is where Tooves has outperformed... did better with less quality.
Before a ball was kicked I thought top 4 was required for a pass mark - general consensus seemed to be top 8... Either way a fail sadly

This is a list of who played 15 games or more for us in 2015 compared to this year (full season).

DCE, Jake Trbojevic 23
Matt Ballin, Peta Hiku, Brett Stewart 22
Willie Mason, Tom Symonds, Ligi Sao 20
Kieran Foran, Steve Matai, Feleti Mateo 19
Luke Burgess, Justin Horo 18
Dunamis Lui, Jamie Lyon, Jorge Taufua 17

2016 (estimated based on who's likely to play next week)
Lewis Brown 24
Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic, Siosaia Vave 23
DCE, Josh Starling, Jorge Taufua, Martin Taupau 19
Api Koroisau, Darcy Lussick, Dylan Walker, Brayden Wiliame 18
Jamie Lyon, Nate Myles 17
Jamie Buhrer, Matt Parcell, Matt Wright 15

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4