2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can put to rest our 5/8 question marks with Issac John on our books. He is our best option in that position

Obviously he is keen to join Starling.
(However, with Maloney going to Cronulla next season Bird may be looking to fly from the nest)

We need to ask ourselves in this a reliable source? I highly doubt he would even think about leaving sharks. I would rather him than wright but come on if this is real wow!!!

Guys, first Jack Bird isn't a five-eighth, he is a centre/second rower. He is currently pulling a Jamie Lyon and playing there because the Sharks have literally no one else who can.

So the question is do we need more second rowers/centres? The answer is no, we have plenty. Unless this means we aren't re-signing Mateo for 2017 and he is his replacement then this would be a pointless signing, assuming it is even from a credible source.

Guys, first Jack Bird isn't a five-eighth, he is a centre/second rower. He is currently pulling a Jamie Lyon and playing there because the Sharks have literally no one else who can.

So the question is do we need more second rowers/centres? The answer is no, we have plenty. Unless this means we aren't re-signing Mateo for 2017 and he is his replacement then this would be a pointless signing, assuming it is even from a credible source.

Most recent interview i have seen with Bird he said something like this.....and this is very much paraphrased..........People have this perception of me as a secondrower or centre, maybe because i have played there in the lower grades but i don't want to be in the forwards, i am a 5/8 or fullback, somewhere where i get my hands on the ball. I'll play where is best for the team but it is not my preference"

bird is pretty similar to foran really, especially when keiran was young. He looked more like a centre or a skilful back rower, a tad smaller though

For all the benefits that St George gave Jack Bird (re treatment) he wont leave there.... oh hang on he did .... he may just go anywhere under the right conditions

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
For all the benefits that St George gave Jack Bird (re treatment) he wont leave there.... oh hang on he did .... he may just go anywhere under the right conditions

Along with any other player in the NRL. No such thing as loyalty anymore. That extinct with Glen Stewart when he WAS loyal.
It's all business and at the right price any player will go anywhere.

Get paid, get laid!

so this Bird rumour comes from 2UE this morning on a program called the Rumour Mill? One Ronnie Gibbs Manly legend does work for 2UE. If I understand correctly rumour is not saying it's done deal, just that we have been going hard for Jack Bird for 2017. But Manly have not given up hope he will be with us in 2016? Hmmm i think it would be a good signing be it 6 or 11 if. And that's a big if it happens. But Good is good.

so this Bird rumour comes from 2UE this morning on a program called the Rumour Mill? One Ronnie Gibbs Manly legend does work for 2UE. If I understand correctly rumour is not saying it's done deal, just that we have been going hard for Jack Bird for 2017. But Manly have not given up hope he will be with us in 2016? Hmmm i think it would be a good signing be it 6 or 11 if. And that's a big if it happens. But Good is good.
I would be happy with him at Manly. Joey doesn't like the idea of him returning to centre, thinks he can develop into a great running five eighth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11