2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to go in harder for Taylor then.

As I reported he has signed elsewhere

The Titans have told Dave Taylor is not part of the club’s plans in 2016
CHRIS GARRY THE COURIER-MAIL
JULY 15, 2015 12:00AM

HE WAS the Titans’ marquee signing now Dave Taylor must find a new club or he will be playing for the Tweed Heads Seagulls.

The enigmatic Taylor is all but guaranteed to leave the tourist strip at the end of this season, one year before his contract expires.

The Gold Coast have formally told Taylor’s management he is not part of their 2016 plans and have offered him to rival NRL and Super League clubs.

However, there is a sticking point.

The former Origin backrower will not be taking a pay cut to leave even if it means he is a $500,000 Tweed Heads second rower.

The Titans will be forced to pay some of his wage in order to get him off their roster in a similar deal to what the Broncos did to move Ben Barba on.

The Titans are now targeting Catalans Dragons and former Newcastle Knights forward Zeb Taia who has been in good form in Super League.

The Titans believe they are paying too much for the 27-year-old Taylor whom they consider a bench weapon at best.

Taylor has been solid for the Titans this year and created their only try in the injury-hit team’s poor loss to the Manly Sea Eagles on Monday night.

Titans coach Neil Henry declined to comment on Taylor.

With Taylor on the way out, captain Nate Myles headed for Manly and Aidan Sezer Canberra-bound there will be a major changing of the guard at the Titans.

They will have salary cap to spare for 2016 and one of the few clubs in position to snare rugby converts Sam Burgess or Ben Te’o if they decide to return to the 13-man code.

Te’o has been in Australia on holidays and signalled a desire to return to the NRL after an injury-plagued season in Ireland.

Taia is regarded as among the best backrowers in Super League and was a good player for the Knights until he left at the end of the 2012 season.

Following the Daly Cherry-Evans backflip, the Titans’ biggest signing is former Australian prop David Shillington who is regaining his best form for Canberra this season.

They have also picked up outside back Nene Macdonald from the Roosters and prop Nathaniel Peteru from the Warriors.

The Titans will sign promising Broncos half Ash Taylor but may have to find more talent out of Super League and union as the player market is dwindling for next season.

With Brisbane to re-sign Sam Thaiday and Alex Glenn within the next month, the best players left on the NRL market are Billy Slater, Paul Gallen and Daniel Tupou.

1 thing wrong with the story he won't sign he has signed.

I'll keep breaking the stories stay tuned.

Why don't you ask Lil_Mavin who will be our halfback next year too? Cause according to him DCE is gone to the Titans and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fanciful git who can't take a man at his word.

As I reported he has signed elsewhere

The Titans have told Dave Taylor is not part of the club’s plans in 2016
CHRIS GARRY THE COURIER-MAIL
JULY 15, 2015 12:00AM

HE WAS the Titans’ marquee signing now Dave Taylor must find a new club or he will be playing for the Tweed Heads Seagulls.

The enigmatic Taylor is all but guaranteed to leave the tourist strip at the end of this season, one year before his contract expires.

The Gold Coast have formally told Taylor’s management he is not part of their 2016 plans and have offered him to rival NRL and Super League clubs.

However, there is a sticking point.

The former Origin backrower will not be taking a pay cut to leave even if it means he is a $500,000 Tweed Heads second rower.

The Titans will be forced to pay some of his wage in order to get him off their roster in a similar deal to what the Broncos did to move Ben Barba on.

The Titans are now targeting Catalans Dragons and former Newcastle Knights forward Zeb Taia who has been in good form in Super League.

The Titans believe they are paying too much for the 27-year-old Taylor whom they consider a bench weapon at best.

Taylor has been solid for the Titans this year and created their only try in the injury-hit team’s poor loss to the Manly Sea Eagles on Monday night.

Titans coach Neil Henry declined to comment on Taylor.

With Taylor on the way out, captain Nate Myles headed for Manly and Aidan Sezer Canberra-bound there will be a major changing of the guard at the Titans.

They will have salary cap to spare for 2016 and one of the few clubs in position to snare rugby converts Sam Burgess or Ben Te’o if they decide to return to the 13-man code.

Te’o has been in Australia on holidays and signalled a desire to return to the NRL after an injury-plagued season in Ireland.

Taia is regarded as among the best backrowers in Super League and was a good player for the Knights until he left at the end of the 2012 season.

Following the Daly Cherry-Evans backflip, the Titans’ biggest signing is former Australian prop David Shillington who is regaining his best form for Canberra this season.

They have also picked up outside back Nene Macdonald from the Roosters and prop Nathaniel Peteru from the Warriors.

The Titans will sign promising Broncos half Ash Taylor but may have to find more talent out of Super League and union as the player market is dwindling for next season.

With Brisbane to re-sign Sam Thaiday and Alex Glenn within the next month, the best players left on the NRL market are Billy Slater, Paul Gallen and Daniel Tupou.

1 thing wrong with the story he won't sign he has signed.

I'll keep breaking the stories stay tuned.

Mavin.
Time to crash another computer and comeback as someone else.
You are getting to be a very sad case.

Bad news if true as Dureau is useless. Too small and terrible
Dureau has played better than carney, on miinuim contract could be handy, whilst the so called experts here are calling for Lyon to play five eight , with age come injuries there will be times when Lyon and Matai are unavailable, with Masai out we need Lyon in the centres so need a back up five eight , whilst the young guys can cover centre in attack defensively they have a lot to learn

Hmm Lui has been one of best performers in the last 2 years. I'd be happy to keep him. But completely understand we can't keep everyone. If we have a choice between Nami and Mateo i probably think Feleti has the ability to have a greater impact.

Hmm Lui has been one of best performers in the last 2 years. I'd be happy to keep him. But completely understand we can't keep everyone. If we have a choice between Nami and Mateo i probably think Feleti has the ability to have a greater impact.

Good call. Look at this forward pack:-

Nate Myles (29), Josh Starling (25), Brenton Lawrence (30), Jamie Buhrer (25), Feleti Meteo (30), Tom Symonds (26), Lewis Brown (29), Darcy Lussick (26), Ligi Sao (22) & Jake Trbojevic (21).

That's quality. It's also younginsh. We don't NEED anymore forwards. We don't NEED anymore backs (and I still think one of Lyon / Gutherson / Hiku / Trbojevic can play 5/8)

If we have cap space, FRONT load some contracts, to mitigate DCE's marquee contract (which we'll be getting compensation for based on tenure and being our marquee player), so his cap hit would be much lower than people think.

I just think we should focus on well rounded depth, and maybe one or two more fearsome forwards. Everything else seems pretty set.

We'll need to be in the market for some quality centres in the next couple of years too. Matai and Lyon can't have that many more seasons left in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12