2015 NRL draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
StuBoot said:
manlywarringah said:
Is it just me or are others infuriated with the NRL changing the 3pm Sunday kickoff to 4pm?

I'm absolutely filthy! I've been going to Sunday 3pm games since 1980.

The NRL stated they have listened to the fans and allowed the game to be moved to 4pm so channel 9 can show it live. Why not make them show it live at 3pm?

That takes away the 2nd last day game now as during winter it'll be dark by halftime. So much for listening to the fans. Disgusting.

How many times do we see packed suburban grounds on a sunny sunday?

Only 1 chance to see that now which is the 2pm kickoff. Wonder when they'll ditch that?

Slowly, they are taking away all the last traditions of our game.

Not happy!!!!

I thought that only the Ch9 Sunday game was being played at 4pm.

2pm for the live Fox Game
4pm for live Ch9 - which is even more of a disincentive to attend the game.
They can't show it live at 3pm as this will overlap the Fox telecast.

3pm for any others on a Sunday

If Nein had shown the game live at 3.00pm or 3.30pm everyone would be whinging that it clashed with the 2.00pm game. A 4.00pm start is just fine with me. If you want a Sunday afternoon game then go to the 2.00pm game when we are scheduled. This is a smart decision.

The sunday 3pm game has been around forever. The AFL stick to tradition when it works.

One of the few traditions left in the NRL is Sunday afternoon footy. For the people attending the game, we would all like to get home at a reasonable hour.

Nothing like the sun on your back while watching the footy in winter. Now there is only 1 game for that, the 2pm kickoff.

Give us heaps of 2pm games and i'll be happy. Something tells me that won't be happening.

It's getting harder and harder to get to the footy these days with the scheduling. This is just another ridiculous decision. Start the 2pm at 1pm if they dont want to overlap.

It's just catering more for the stay at home fan and channel 9.

I know season ticket holders of other clubs who aren't happy either.

People who don't go to the game are happy. The winner again is channel 9!

manlywarringah said:
The sunday 3pm game has been around forever. The AFL stick to tradition when it works.

One of the few traditions left in the NRL is Sunday afternoon footy. For the people attending the game, we would all like to get home at a reasonable hour.

Nothing like the sun on your back while watching the footy in winter. Now there is only 1 game for that, the 2pm kickoff.

Give us heaps of 2pm games and i'll be happy. Something tells me that won't be happening.

It's getting harder and harder to get to the footy these days with the scheduling. This is just another ridiculous decision. Start the 2pm at 1pm if they dont want to overlap.

Good idea.

I'd like to see 1st sunday game @ 1pm kickoff for Fox, then 2 matches kickoff @ 3pm (1 live on Fox and the other live on nein - replayed on Fox).

push it up Manly.
cheers.

It would never happen but my ideal scheduling would be:
Friday night 7:35pm
Saturday afternoon 3pm
Saturday early evening 5:35pm
Saturday night 7:35pm
Sunday early afternoon 1pm
Sunday afternoon 3pm
Sunday early evening 5pm (shared with occasional Thursday night 7:35pm)
Monday night 7pm

3 afternoon games for fans and clubs to keep people attending games happy, other times slots to keep broadcasters happy with no games overlapping.

The Sunday evening 5pm game can be shared around with some on Thursday night with channel 9 and some games played in New Zealand at 12pm Sydney time. Also can be shared around with any Perth games or Darwin when teams take games around the country.

Bottom line is, they could do so much better with the draw to cater for so many but don't.

wombatgc said:
they won't be happy until every game is played at night.

Every time smith bothers to peek his head out from behind his gold lined ivory tower, he prattles on about how the tv ratings are so good.

So I agree with others that the nrl are trying to forge ahead into ratings land at the expense of fans getting to games.

wombatgc said:
they won't be happy until every game is played at night.
If global warming keeps going the way it is, then they are gonna have to make 7 pm or later obligatory for reasons of player safety. At least @wombatgc, that'll be their excuse.

Sadly more and more about when ( and where) we will play will be decided by TV and not the fans.

In reality to the NRL we count very little, the clubs need us ( for revenue and atmosphere ) but we only are a major source of income to the NRL during SOO & Finals, so as I have been saying for a while it's possible that in the future we could see crowds just digitally implanted to fill the gaps.

It's not the game it once was that's for sure!!!

globaleagle said:
Bandit said:
Not a great look for an administration that is already an embarrasing, inept lot.

How did David Smith get the job?

Is he the worst / dopiest head of a major organisation ever?

Remember when we used to think that about Gallop?

sigh. good times...

No no no no no. Even if you're joking GE, no.

This is why I won't join in on the Smith bashing just yet.

He's still dealing with a lot of things put in place by the previous administration and Greenturd is basically the Gallop plant in the camp in the same way that Gallop was a News Ltd stooge.
Never forget how truly horrendous things were under the goose. Most of the things we complain about today are not new and are not worse, they are merely a continuation and mostly the responsibility of Greenturd.

I think Smith is less kneejerk than Goose and until he negotiates a TV deal, it will be hard to judge him.

He is going far better from an even handedness standpoint at this time. Perhaps simply because Greenturd takes the heat on that one but the fact is the fact.

manlywarringah said:

The exact same thing was said when Saturday 3.00pm Footy shifted. Whether we like it or not, the TV rights pays the bills far more than gate takings does.

Duff said:
globaleagle said:
Bandit said:
Not a great look for an administration that is already an embarrasing, inept lot.

sigh. good times...

He's still dealing with a lot of things put in place by the previous administration and Greenturd is basically the Gallop plant in the camp in the same way that Gallop was a News Ltd stooge.
Never forget how truly horrendous things were under the goose. Most of the things we complain about today are not new and are not worse, they are merely a continuation and mostly the responsibility of Greenturd.

I think Smith is less kneejerk than Goose and until he negotiates a TV deal, it will be hard to judge him.

He is going far better from an even handedness standpoint at this time. Perhaps simply because Greenturd takes the heat on that one but the fact is the fact.

Smith is an embarrasing dumb-f?ck.

Greenturd isn't much better - smarter, but as shifty as and a self-interest concerned schemer.

But that's it Bandit. Their main role is to be fair. If Greenturd can't be that, then he fails.
I don't understand where the notion of Greenturd being so smart and slick comes from anyway. All he does is deflect and speak in half truths. He gives the answers the media want to to hear but that soesn't make him smart, it makes him a puppet.

They are " launching the season" at the 9's, we might at least know the draw by then!!

Maybe

It is a joke now, the NRL are so bad. The leadership is clueless and has no empathy with the fans and members of the clubs.

How hard is it? just release the draw!

Bandit said:
Duff said:
globaleagle said:
Bandit said:

sigh. good times...

Smith is an embarrasing dumb-f?ck.

Greenturd isn't much better - smarter, but as shifty as and a self-interest concerned schemer.

He's as shifty as a shy-lock.

NRL season 2015: Round one fixtures locked in but there’s still drama.

AT LONG last the NRL has settled on an opening-round schedule for the 2015 kick-off — but only after 48 hours of wrangling over a Monday night game.

Originally Fox Sports wanted to televise St George Illawarra v the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval to get a ratings boost from Benji Marshall’s return to his old spiritual home.

It was then discovered the Wests Tigers have a four-game contract with ANZ Stadium which includes a clause that one of the games has to be against the Dragons.

Read More:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-season-2015-round-one-fixtures-locked-in-but-theres-still-drama/story-fnp0lyn3-1227147085375

one comment in this article has me wondering if we might get stuck with extra monday night games again:
"Determined to play Monday night football at suburban grounds to get better TV atmosphere rather than boring empty seats, Fox Sports changed its Monday night pick to the Dragons against Storm at Kogarah Oval in a replay of ‘Sirengate’."

All right! Now just 25 rounds to go!

Awesome job nrl bosses, pay rises and pats on back all round.

castle eagle said:
NRL season 2015: Round one fixtures locked in but there’s still drama.

AT LONG last the NRL has settled on an opening-round schedule for the 2015 kick-off — but only after 48 hours of wrangling over a Monday night game.

Originally Fox Sports wanted to televise St George Illawarra v the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval to get a ratings boost from Benji Marshall’s return to his old spiritual home.

It was then discovered the Wests Tigers have a four-game contract with ANZ Stadium which includes a clause that one of the games has to be against the Dragons.

Read More:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-season-2015-round-one-fixtures-locked-in-but-theres-still-drama/story-fnp0lyn3-1227147085375

one comment in this article has me wondering if we might get stuck with extra monday night games again:
"Determined to play Monday night football at suburban grounds to get better TV atmosphere rather than boring empty seats, Fox Sports changed its Monday night pick to the Dragons against Storm at Kogarah Oval in a replay of ‘Sirengate’."

This is getting seriously out of control, imagine this happening in the AFL

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7