2015 Last Fan Standing Comp Starting Soon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
“Earnie The Eagle” Last Fan Standing Comp

This is information for all our members that have registered and paid to participate in the Silvertails tipping competition. We will shortly be kicking off the second part of our tipping competition, which is the Last Fan Standing competition

As in previous years the competition is named in honour of Earnie The Eagle. Earnie was a wonderful Silvertails member that sadly passed away a while back (you can read a bit more about Earnie here "Earnie Thread" ). You will see his user name still popping up in discussions on the forum, @Earnie the Eagle , which is his son (duly converted to a loyal Manly fan as well) continuing the tradition.

The LFS competition is proudly supported by the MWRLFC - The Football Club. We urge all Silvertails users to become members of the Football Club so you can have a real say in the future of the team. More info on the Football Club is available here

http://www.manlyfootballclub.com.au/index.php/goals

Who's eligible to play ??

All those Silvertails members who joined the Jan Davis tipping competition AND paid their entry fee are eligible to participate in the Last Fan Standing comp.

How do you win it ?

Well as the name suggests you just have to be the Last Fan Standing and outlast every other tipper. Basic rules are as follows

* Pick one team each round that you think will win. If that team wins you stay standing, if they lose you are out.
* You cannot pick the same team in consecutive rounds.
* As the competition progresses we reserve the right to limit the choice of games even further
* We also may need to apply further restrictions in order to determine an outright winner. This will depend on how quickly the elimination progresses (highly likely given that we are starting the comp very late this year)

There will be a sticky thread created which will have a poll that lists all the available options for that week, This thread will be locked before each weekends games commence. If you fail to lodge a tip then you will be automatically eliminated. There will be no way of choosing games ahead of time so it will be your responsibility to lodge a choice each week in accordance with the rules.

I am assuming that most of you should be familiar with the format, however this thread is to prepare tippers and to give you the opportunity to ask any questions, and also to give everyone fair warning that the comp will be commencing shortly. We are aiming to kick off in Round 22 at this stage. So fire away if you have any queries.

Eligible tippers are as follows
http://silvertails.net/members/dan.2/
@ABTK
@ALinda
@Andrew..
@anthonyb1965
@AshfieldBazza
@bob dylan
@bones
@Boofhead
@BOZO
@Bradza
@Brookie Brawler
@Budgewoi Eagle
@castle eagle
@chouncey
@Cliffy's Is god
@Clint
@Corso_Pete
@Dan
@davohan123
@dowdz
@eagle66
@EagleBoi13
@EagleFromMay1967
@EagleGirl1963
@Eagleheart
@Eagles2nv
@effnic
@Fibro Eagle
@Frank
@globaleagle
@Growler FNQ
@Hamster Huey
@HappilyManly
@Ian Martin tragic
@Jethro
@Jock
@Kiwi Eagle
@Lansim
@lsz
@lulubelle
@lurker
@Lyon King
@Mals
@Manly To Win!
@ManlyArmy
@ManlyBacker
@ManlyMit
@marga
@mickqld
@mjb136
@Moondog
@niccipops
@OneEyedEagle
@panash
@Pommie Eagle
@rifraff
@robbiea
@Roger
@Rosko
@seaeagledave
@SeaEagleRock8
@Shaka1eye
@shawn.b
@shazza
@sheridanstand78
@ssar
@Stiffi
@StuBoot
@the mauler
@The Mid Dog
@The Wombat
@tookey
@TWO DOGS
@tystedman
@Vyssini
@webby66
@Wombat Legacy

There's only 6 rounds left, why don't u just make it that you can't pick the same team again at all?

There's only 6 rounds left, why don't u just make it that you can't pick the same team again at all?
That's the rule I inadvertently played under last year and I ended up winning,

The poll is open for this weekends games and the comp is off and running. In an effort to speed things up and not let it drag on we have limited the choice of teams so that there aren't any easy picks. Choose wisely as you can't change your choice once it is submitted.

Bump.

I've emailed everyone in the comp as a reminder as well, so no excuses for not getting your pick in for Week 1.

Good luck all.

@HappilyManly Have you enabled emails in your settings ?? Have you checked if you email address in your profile is current ??

Look under "Contact Details" in your account and check the box that says "Receive site mailings" and you will receive emails sent from Admin

@HappilyManly Have you enabled emails in your settings ?? Have you checked if you email address in your profile is current ??

Look under "Contact Details" in your account and check the box that says "Receive site mailings" and you will receive emails sent from Admin
I didn't have the Site mailings set - just the Conversation.

Thanks for the info@:)

Mine went to junk.

Booo !!! :eek: Shame on your BE
Don't worry. I've had yet another world with my genius computer that decides what is and isn't junk mail and I'm fairly certain it won't misbehave so badly for at least another day or so.

So we can proudly announce the prize for the Last Fan Standing comp is a replica 2013 Manly Grand Final jersey signed by the Clive Churchill medalist on the day, backflipping guru, life time Manly contracted all round good guy.... Daly Cherry-Evans. Jersey as modelled by DCE below

963495-bf3faa08-a1d6-11e3-8dfc-d9063670fb71.jpg

This is an awesome prize and a big thanks to the Football Club for their support with the LFS comp. If you are not a member of the MWRLFC already then you should seriously look into signing up and adding your support to a worthy organisation. Strong membership numbers of both Manly Warringah Sea Eagles AND the Football Club is a sure way of ensuring the future of this great club. See the link above in the original post in this thread for more info on the Footy club

Now don't forget to get your LFS tip in this week, only about 6.5 hours left until Week 1 closes. Got to be in it to win this great jersey.

Bump.

Just a reminder that we'll be kicking off this years LFS comp in Round 21 most likely. So this is a bit of info for those who haven't participated before.

I haven't confirmed this years prize yet but generally we manage to secure a signed jersey of some description.

Any questions you can post them in here if you like or PM me.

Cheers

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6