• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Can anyone tell me why the AFL can do a preview of their draw this morning, and announce the full draw early next week, and the NRL will fluff about for probably another month before announcing ours.

To me it shows the gap between the professionalism of the AFL and the rabble that is the NRL.

it just cannot be that hard, and in reality work on the draw should start even before the Grand Final but be done in earnest from the Tuesday after.

Could it be that everyone at the NRL is too busy with the Four Nations?

Although if that's the excuse it looks kinda sick considering the ESL draw has already been announced.

ManlyArmy said:
Round 1, Friday Night, Brookvale Oval, Manly v Melbourne or Souffs and I'll be happy.

NUP it will be a GF replay I reckon.

I imagine we will be playing the top 8 ( or other 7) twice and the bottom 8 once, ie the same as last year.

If we have lost all our stars might be a tough campaign.

The donkeys will be on every Friday night in Qld. The Cows will be on every Saturday night. The woosters and souffs will be on alternate Friday nights in NSW. The riff and the dishlickers will be on alternate Sundays at 3.00pm. The rest don't count and will be treated accordingly.

The difference is the other competitions have a draw while the NRL has a carefully planned schedule trying to please everyone*.

* Fox Sports, 9, Souffs and anyone else who's interests coincide with the aforementioned parties.

Because Greenturd, Rusty, Nick & Paul White are all on holidays so they have no idea yet when to schedule Dogs, Vermin , Rorters or Donkeys preferred games.

So glad you brought this up Mark. For the last couple of weeks I've been very aware of what's going on in AFL (and I'm not a fan), first with news of their trade window and then the draw. I suppose they have a draft coming up too.

All great ways to keep fans interested and, vitally, at club level.

The NRL is a joke.

It would be nice for the NRL to announce all 26 rounds like the AFL do.

It is so frustrating that you are unable to plan things in the last 6 weeks of the comp but one thing for certain, the Vermin v Rorters game will be in round 26 and the first game of the round.

You would like to see a fair draw for all teams but you just know how unbiased Nein and Foxtel are lol.

My prediction is that they wont release the draw till all international games are done.

.y hope for next season is that we get more home games at the end of the season and the 2 we take away from Brooky are somewhere different rather than Gosford.

My hope for next season is we get the titans 26 weeks in a row.I think the NRL would be able to stuff that up too..

A fair draw.. Home and away. None of this five games playing away from home nonsense before a home game

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6