2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think anyone at this club has ever claimed to be bred not bought. It's just worked out that way.

The Who said:
And we've supposed to have been interested in the Cronulla hooker Lichaa. Ridiculous. Apart from Snake at fullback we have Hiku, Gutherson and, in my opinion the best prospect of all, Tom Turbo Jet. While on hookers we have Michael Stigg in the Under 20s who will fit nicely in when Matt decides to retire.
Why would we be interested? Let the Dogs pay big money for them.

Well apparently Lichaa signed with the dogs.

The dogs are after Hiku (aswell as other fullbacks). Toovey mentioned in an article:

"After signing Fifita and Lichaa, Canterbury are now after a fullback and Toovey was unimpressed they had targetted Hiku, as well as James Tedesco and Josh Hoffman.

"They have signed everyone else from every other club, but he is a quality and talented player and we are hoping he stays here," Toovey told reporters at Manly training on Thursday."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/bulldogs-are-inflating-player-market-says-sharks-chairman-20140320-hvkwi.html#ixzz2wXulbx5J

Stevo said:
I don't think anyone at this club has ever claimed to be bred not bought. It's just worked out that way.

You are probably correct Steve but isn't it a great feeling that our success probably comes on the back of that and whatever the reason,melts fly high with that philosophy as it may be the root of why our culture is so great.

I really hope the Eagles fight hard to keep Hiku. It's about time we retained the young talent who excels in our top grade. Come on Hodgekinson, Hoppa, Whare, Lussick u can't tell me the club was happy to see any of them go. Our outside backs may not be quite past it, but they may not have that long to go. Must Keep him.

Cliffy said:
I really hope the Eagles fight hard to keep Hiku. It's about time we retained the young talent who excels in our top grade. Come on Hodgekinson, Hoppa, Whare, Lussick u can't tell me the club was happy to see any of them go. Our outside backs may not be quite past it, but they may not have that long to go. Must Keep him.
Hoppa,whare and Lussick yeah,the other one,hodkinson,Manly couldnt match the ridiculous amount of money he was offered,and it was the things he said before he sign with the dogs that most fans wont forget, and we know how that worked out,we got the better deal there with DCE,the same with Hoppa,Manly couldnt match the money being thrown at him,Whare left because he was given an opportunity to seal a permanent spot in first grade,yeah but 3 out of the 4 it would have been nice to keep

castle eagle said:
tadesco to the rortes according to rothfield

If thats true that tells me that Mini is hanging up the boots soon.

master blaster said:
Cliffy said:
Hoppa,whare and Lussick yeah,the other one,hodkinson,Manly couldnt match the ridiculous amount of money he was offered,and it was the things he said before he sign with the dogs that most fans wont forget, and we know how that worked out,we got the better deal there with DCE,the same with Hoppa,Manly couldnt match the money being thrown at him,Whare left because he was given an opportunity to seal a permanent spot in first grade,yeah but 3 out of the 4 it would have been nice to keep

Yeah I agree, I hope we do keep Hiku, he is a talented player and will definitely cement a permanent spot in the Manly 17. I really want the NRL to expand the size of the bench so someone like Hiku can get a spot in first grade.

I fear the dogs are going to go hard for him, especially now that tedesco may have gone the chooks. We wont be able to match the coin that they throw at him. (although you have to question how much coin they have left).

I agree about losing Whare and hoppa, both talented players, but I understand the reasons they left. Lussick, while i rate him as a forward, his discipline lets him down and at times was a liability. He wants too much money for a guy who spends at least 4 weeks a seaon through suspension.

As for hodgkinson, that was a blessing in disguise, not a loss. We got DCE instead and look how that turned out.

Eagles2nv said:
castle eagle said:
tadesco to the rortes according to rothfield

If thats true that tells me that Mini is hanging up the boots soon.

master blaster said:
Cliffy said:

Yeah I agree, I hope we do keep Hiku, he is a talented player and will definitely cement a permanent spot in the Manly 17. I really want the NRL to expand the size of the bench so someone like Hiku can get a spot in first grade.

I fear the dogs are going to go hard for him, especially now that tedesco may have gone the chooks. We wont be able to match the coin that they throw at him. (although you have to question how much coin they have left).

I agree about losing Whare and hoppa, both talented players, but I understand the reasons they left. Lussick, while i rate him as a forward, his discipline lets him down and at times was a liability. He wants too much money for a guy who spends at least 4 weeks a seaon through suspension.

As for hodgkinson, that was a blessing in disguise, not a loss. We got DCE instead and look how that turned out.

The Dogs are not very sun smart.............no cap.

bob dylan said:
Tim Grant from Penrith to Souths effective now.

Dean Ritchie reported: "Panthers Executive General Manager Rugby League Phil Gould today confirms that Tim Grant will NOT be leaving the club"

So it's only a matter of time......lol

Normie said:
bob dylan said:
Tim Grant from Penrith to Souths effective now.

Dean Ritchie reported: "Panthers Executive General Manager Rugby League Phil Gould today confirms that Tim Grant will NOT be leaving the club"

So it's only a matter of time......lol

The riff must be playing souffs soon and they are going to delay the transfer until then

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8