2014 Ladder Predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hamster Huey said:
Watto1972 said:
Unfortunately I cant see us featuring in the big end of season games next year. With the Stewart brothers both having shocking seasons last year and our other aging stars like Lyon, Matai, Choc, King and Ballin a year older and slower its inevitable that we slide down into lower half of the ladder.

Did you just cut'n'paste a pre-2013 season prediction from the experts?

Its called reverse psychology...it's worked wonders for me in recent years. Everytime I say something like this, this mighty club proves me wrong and either wins a comp or makes the GF.

Anyone thinking the Storm will struggle will be unfortunately mistaken :
Big 3 still playing well.
Sharks were made of 1/2 Storm players and the other half went to Brisbane Easts both of which figured in there respective grand finals, next season they'll be using Albury Thunder as there reserve grade side which has a lot of good ex U20s players in it as well and they won there Group.

Don't worry the boys in Pink will STILL be trying to get the fairy tale GF to happen, Vermin v Rorters GF still on the cards.

eagles2win said:
Anyone thinking the Storm will struggle will be unfortunately mistaken :
Big 3 still playing well.
Sharks were made of 1/2 Storm players and the other half went to Brisbane Easts both of which figured in there respective grand finals, next season they'll be using Albury Thunder as there reserve grade side which has a lot of good ex U20s players in it as well and they won there Group.
It's the big 4 now George is there :( miss the big fella already

Early opinion:

Top 4 - in no order

Manly
Storm
Bullwogs
Foosters

Rabbnits and Knights to fall away IMHO. The rest will cancel each other out. Perhaps the Green Machine may grab 5th on an improved year.

Manly to win the premiership because they are hungrier than anyone else, and the Sea Eagles brass will fill in the gaps left by Kite, Rose and Joe.

I agree, Souffs will falter, as will the knights. The cows to be the big improvers. Us to win at the end.

Big question is where will young Hoppa be going. I suspect he's about to pull the plug on Parra.

Souths and SC will be there because they have good coaches and good forward line ups. Melbourne may struggle. Manly will be there as long as the young brigade are as good as we hope they are. Newcastle could be challengers next year. Good mixture of young and old. Top backline and forwards that are getting stronger. Cronulla should also be there. Brisbane on the rise. Auckland a dark horse as usual. Canterbury will be there if they get Jnr Hoppa. As usual injuries and refereeing will decide the premiers

I reckon the hot tip for a finish in the top 5 are the Black Cats. You know, the Chocolate soldiers, the Mountain Men, the Pink Panthers.

Manly Minor Prems of course, with Storm starting to really fade, now that the dont have News corp propping them up. will finish 7th.

The NRL will do almost anything to get Souths, Easts, and maybe even the cowpokers in a three way tie for the grand-final.

Easts so they can say a fairytale Goodbye to SBW.

Souths so they can be there and bring a lot of fans to the game.

Cows so they can show J Thurston the NRL is not crooked. (Contrary to his earlier non-fined comments last year.)

We'll come 4th.

The rest could be Sharks, Storm, and who cares.

The NRL are desperate for Broncos to make the 8, otherwise Nine's TV Ratings take a dive :dodgy:

I can't see them doing it in 2014.
Parra will make the 8 before they do if Hayne + Hoppa stay on the field.

Manly in the same table position as 2008 & 2011 -> 2nd. Then go on to win the Grand Final 28 - 16 against Souths :)

This time last year I tipped my top 8 for 2013 and got 8 from 8. FIGJAM.
My tips for the top 8 for 2014, in no particular order are:

Manly
Souths
Roosters
Storm
Penrith
Cronulla
Newcastle
Brisbane

bones said:
This time last year I tipped my top 8 for 2013 and got 8 from 8. FIGJAM.
My tips for the top 8 for 2014, in no particular order are:

Manly
Souths
Roosters
Storm
Penrith
Cronulla
Newcastle
Brisbane

Very tough to leave out the Cowboys and the Dogs. I think both of them will finish higher than Newcastle. Penrith? They have signed up half of Sydney but are untested, so I'd leave them out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4