2014 DRAW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's impossible to satisfy everyone, but our draw is much better next season. Pity we don't go to Newcastle or Penrith again though. It's a tough draw team-wise (playing Storm, Souths Roosters twice) , but at least we get plenty of blockbuster matches.

Brookie said:
good draw i suppose, not enough fox games for my liking....
hate WIN's coverage of the footy, the delays and poxy commentators

you'll just have to go to brookie a bit more often!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Mals said:
Draw is better than this year for us but it would be a real shame if we take one of our precious Sunday games (v Raiders) overseas :(

A million dollars for china game or a Sunday home game

I've read it will cost the NRL a $1m to take the game to China. No mention of Manly getting $1m.

Mals said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Mals said:
Draw is better than this year for us but it would be a real shame if we take one of our precious Sunday games (v Raiders) overseas :(

I've read it will cost the NRL a $1m to take the game to China. No mention of Manly getting $1m.

That's how I read it, Mal.
When is a decision expected about the China game?

They have about 3 hrs to confirm it's happening or else I'm booking Lombok for Xmas. :D

WAMF said:
Mals said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Mals said:

They have about 3 hrs to confirm it's happening or else I'm booking Lombok for Xmas. :D

You get the Storm v Bulldogs game over there WAMF. You're so lucky :s

NRL would cover it if SBW wanted to play :dodgy:

Their ticketing for SOO just came - $260 for Platinum :mad:, or nose bleed seats $65

bones said:
WAMF said:
Mals said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Mals said:

You get the Storm v Bulldogs game over there WAMF. You're so lucky :s

At least it could be a decent game but shame about the poor choice of clubs.

The draw isn't great. 6 of the other 7 teams in last years 8 we double up on, including all 3 of the other top 4 teams (the other 3 don't have that draw).

All 5 interstate teams away. Doesn't get tougher for a Sydney team than that.

The start is so important - 7 of the first 10 games at home - we need a flyer otherwise trouble could be brewing.

The draw on the whole seems better than last year in terms of scheduling.

We do play the stronger sides twice in 2014. Not sure how that compares to last year but you never actually now who will have a resurgence from year to year.

The point I want to make was regarding that mong Greenturd.

Did anyone else catch him on FOX banging on about why the Broncos have to be on TV every week because the Nein want it and what Nein wants, Nein gets ?

He also spoke about suburban grounds still having some appeal but ultimately we have to look at moving to the bigger stadiums. Well Todd, you can f*%^ right off my friend.

We are Manly and we play out of Brookvale. The ground may well be "upgraded" to fit in with what you think an NRL ground should be, but that is where we are staying. Where does this git get off ? In case you haven't noticed, it's plenty big enough to hold the crowds we are drawing and we the fans are perfectly happy with it.

For God's sake........he's got a head you just want to take to with a bat.

Bring on 2014. The year of the Eagle.

Nein needs to rig the competition to ensure that the Broncos are in the Top 8, as their Finals Audiences would have plummeted this Season.:D

Mystified as to why the China Game would cost the NRL $1m :huh:

Only the First Grade Teams would play there, and with the Coaching Staff and Refereeing Officials, you would hardly need to charter a whole plane for about 60 people. Jetstar is a Sponsor with the NRL, surely they could come to the party.
Huawei was the instigator of this game, they are large enough to underwrite the exercise.

I am really looking forward to the Leichhardt game, as I haven't been there since the nineties. It is like Brookie, you are right on top of the game :)

Can't agree with this from Hinds in the Telegraph today. Brookie isn't kids & family friendly? Brookie crowds plummet when the family hill has no one turn up at night games, especially MNF. Sunday games the whole of Brookie is full of kids & parents.

In that regard, the great weakness is not the distribution of games but the little letters beside them - BO (Brookvale), RS (Remondis Stadium), PS (Pirtek Stadium), KO (Kogarah Oval), LO (Leichardt Oval). The small, in some cases dilapidated suburban venues which cater for hardcore fans, but which do nothing to build the family audiences and corporate support the game craves.

Despite the significant increase in kid-friendly afternoon games, the problem remains obvious. Until the NRL builds - or, more likely, joins with Football Federation Australia - to create a modern stadium in the west which caters comfortably for crowds of around 45,000, many games will be a hard sell.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/marquee-friday-night-and-sunday-games-should-feature-best-performing-teams-write-richard-hinds/story-fndujljl-1226775419023

This is not a good draw for us. The fact is we play more of the top teams twice than any other team and we have a run home with 80% of our games away.

If we don't have a good first half of the season with all the home games we may be in strife at the back end.

manly at least played souffs and the chooks multiple times last year, cant remember melbourne so its not really different in that aspect

I read that Cronulla is blowing up about having four Monday night matches. We had seven last season, so no real sympathy there.
I do feel, however, that the NRL/Nein treats certain clubs shabbily. Cronulla and Manly have been two of the best performing clubs in recent seasons yet we get less TV coverage than the basket-case Parramatta.
As for the Broncos - they should have their own TV channel and let all other RL fans watch some decent teams play.

Come on Ralphie, its a great draw to build up resilience and in the last round to do our Civic duty and knock the Cowboys out of contention - third year running :p

We played Melbourne (fantastic draw) twice, Rorters twice, Rabbids twice, Dogs twice this season - so no dramas at all in 2014.

This from the Courier Mail. Some things never change..
"Under the TV rights deal, Channel Nine owns 18 of Brisbane's 24 regular season games and it is evident, with 10 consecutive Friday night games to open the season and 13 of their first 18 games on Channel Nine."

"It is clear the Broncos rate in Brisbane and that is why they've been chosen by Nine and we don't shy away from that," NRL head of football Todd Greenberg said.
Greenbergspeak for "We intend to give the Broncos an unfair advantage again this year and the other clubs can get stuffed"
....and just under that article was this about Josh McGuire who wants to become a cage fighter...."Mcguire, who was involved in an infamous on-field stoush with MANLYS MITCH ALLGOOD this year... bet Steve Matai is looking forward to meeting up with his new teammate...

Spirit of said:
Boo to the Round 1 vs the scum game, 2nd bub is due on that day.
(Will be feeding the missus hot curries and thrashing her senseless to bring it on early)

Middy of port works.gotta be royal reserve

HappilyManly said:
Come on Ralphie, its a great draw to build up resilience and in the last round to do our Civic duty and knock the Cowboys out of contention - third year running :p

We played Melbourne (fantastic draw) twice, Rorters twice, Rabbids twice, Dogs twice this season - so no dramas at all in 2014.

I want the Warriors draw. They play NONE of the top 4 sides twice and only three top 8 sides twice. They have ZERO Monday night games and a soft run home.

It's patently obvious from this draw which teams will be the "big improvers" from those who missed the 8 last year.

Ralphie said:
HappilyManly said:

I want the Warriors draw. They play NONE of the top 4 sides twice and only three top 8 sides twice. They have ZERO Monday night games and a soft run home.

It's patently obvious from this draw which teams will be the "big improvers" from those who missed the 8 last year.

Having Matt Elliott as coach offsets all of that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2