2013 GRAND FINAL Manly Sea Eagles v Sydney Roosters Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great game overall, the refereeing was really sad at times though.

The Roosters were the #1 team all year so you shouldn't feel too bad losing to them of all teams. They did play well tonight.

It burns deep seeing SBW win a premiership at another club, I'll tell you that...

I hope we don't resign wolfie his defense is one of the worst of all time. Manly played outstanding but wolfie kept screwing us from beginning to end non stop.

There has to be an investigation into the refereeing standards and practices. !!

Having said that, i am really proud to call myself an Eagles supporter, they gave everything they could and might've won but they were just edged out by a classy side and a freak try.

DCE has had a wonderful year, and they will bounce back with another great side next year.

The Rorters were the better team on the night, but having said that I thought we had very short shrift from the refs, despite the penalty try

Terry-Randal said:
I hope we don't resign wolfie his defense is one of the worst of all time. Manly played outstanding but wolfie kept screwing us from beginning to end non stop.
Please let us not get into blaming individual players. He helped us get there in first place !!. Or have you already forgetten the try he scored against the Wabbits.

Nothing is perfect, they had the attack on him planned. Tupou is a monster of a guy, 6foot 6 .. . . can anyone out leap him ? pretty sure you cant

not because of tonight, but i agree. He's our Manu Vatuvei. Hiku is the future and better to be in first grade next year rather than waiting for Snake to retire

Gutted like we all are, but very proud of the boys and their efforts this year. When everyone wrote them off and said we were too old, too slow, didn't have enough depth and would struggle to make the 8, let alone the GF.....they have done all of us proud.

And well done to DCE for winning the Clive Churchill Medal. The Chooks may have won, but his opposite, that great NSW halfback Mitchell Pearce, once again went missing in a big game.

Bring on the World Cup.

They were too good on the night. To come from behind twice, they just had that bit more energy in the final 20 mins. Some of the calls that they got were astonishing and obviously helped but it must be said, our penalty try was lucky.

Anyway, still very proud tonight. My little boy took it hard but it's the first time he's seen them lose in a GF. He like all of us, will be stronger for it.

Very proud of the team and their efforts in the finals. They just ran out of gas & the chooks came home too strong. It was a fantastic match to be at just not the intended result. Well done DCE he tried his guts to get us home. Love the Sea Eagles and always will.

This was a match of momentum & at 20-18 down in the period 15-10 minutes to go Manly had the Roosters pinned at their end & Manly kept coming at them UNTIL the ref, for some reason gave the Roosters a piggyback, get out of trouble penalty against D.C.Evans on Jennings which killed off Manly.
Proud of the Sea Eagles on a very good & gutsy performance in 2013.

Bugger.

Only topped by the telecast here ending 10 minutes before the final whistle!

Lots of ricky martin so at least the broadcaster got their priorities right.

wankers.

Eat a d*ck Hayne you spray-tanned cheat

Attachments

• 1390702_10151630406922595_128002184_n.jpg
    1390702_10151630406922595_128002184_n.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4
Gower didn't seem to get too many minutes.

How was the use of the interchange bench last night?

i am still shattered... i was there great seats between 35-40m line where i saw the forward pass right in front of me , i saw it 50m away i cant believe the officials on the field dont want to see it..

im not going to blame any of our players , but we lost that game !!!!

18-8 with grand final experience and 2nd best defense in the league that game should not have been lost...

mistakes at crucial times in our own 20m cost us the game...

either you catch the damn ball or let it bounce and defend dropping the ball of kicks and restarting their tackle count is just digging your own grave against a team like roosters

" catches win matches "

runners up is a great result considering the other 14 teams in the comp , but the way i feel in these last 12 hours , i dont know if losing a great final is an achievement !!!

all the best for 2014.... damn effin roosters

Well won Roosters, they did well to lift, turn the tide and take the title.
Sure there were some dodgy calls, but both ways, even if Easts seemed to get "the rub of the green" a little more.

Proud of the Manly boys to even make the GF, glad we made them work hard for thier win.
Geez with that reasonable lead I was really hoping we'd turn it on even more, and break through with a couple more unanswered tries, to really stake a good claim well out from full time.
But it wasn't to be, was the Roosters that went on with thier great defense & solid play they've shown much of this season, really testing & pushing us back.

We came real close boys, love the Maroon and White!

HappilyManly said:
GE they have a 2 hour version :
Monday, October 7th 2013
5:00pm-7:00pm Sportsnet World National Rugby League: Grand Final : Roosters v Sea Eagles

Hope Manly win big for us, then you can get the Premiers DVD Pack from Santa :angel:

Shoulda recorded the 2 hour version as they didn't even put the complete game on 'live' so I missed the last 10 minutes!!!!

Emailed both the nrl and sportsnet.

Haven't watched the last 10 mins and will keep it that way.

What a terrible coverage by sportsnet. Usually pretty good.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8