2011 Forward Pack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
We have talked a lot about how weak we will be in the forwards next year, but if we stop and do an honest assessment, it may not be so bad. For what it’s worth, this is how I see it:

Starting Pack
Kite – One of the best on his day. Showed glimpses of his old form and with a good off season should have at least one more good year, probably 2-3 more, he’s only 29
King – See above, he’s 29 too
Ballin – I wouldn’t swap him for anyone at 26 years old
Choc – Potentially the best back rower in the world. Needs to spend the off season working on his hands & discipline and he’s only 27
Rodney – I haven’t heard a bad word about him and he’s only 27
Glenn – I think a positive end to Brett’s court problems will see him recapture his 2008 form, remember he’s only 26

Bench Forwards
Rose – Get him fit in the off season. Before he was injured this season he was one of the form props in the game and he’s only 27
Cross – Has potential, but needs to bulk up. He’s only 26
Bailey – Well what can I say, he’s 28
Joe G – He’s old but he is the one guy that tucks the ball under his arm and goes forward every time.
T-Rex – He will make a great bench backrower and he’s only 22

Add to this group the backrower we have signed from the dishlickers (Harrison) and I think it is a pretty formidable pack of forwards.

I for one vow not to say anything negative about our 2011 pack until I see them performing next year.

Throw to enthusiastic kids in Harrison and Cunningham into the mix and you have yourself a damn good forward pack.

Kite needs to get some angry pills into him. Just going through the motions the last two years. Little wonder he has lost his rep spot to younger, keener guys.

Choc has been working on his hands his whole career I would assume. We've just got to face facts that the guy can't catch....end of story. If he runs straight and the ball players can put it in his bread basket then he is good, otherwise we have just got to put up with errors.

Rodney and Gifty are a good balance of workhorse and ball player, both solid defensively.

King is solid, but not a world beater. Rose offers some impact but his game time is limited due to fitness, and his defence is a bit of a liability.

Cross and Joe are journeymen.

We could really do with some young hard running line benders. 

the thing ive noticed about kite is that he has just lost his leg drive, as sooon as a defender gets contact on him, he goes over. in 08 he was hitting the advantage line with ease.

chocs little half breaks and offloads will be more effective when the support play of brett stewart is back. that is where choc was at his best.. he needs to start running forwards again. he will also be better with a genuine ball player out there, hopefully DCE foots the bill.

i dont see any deadwood in our starting pack, just a bit of underperforming. i would love george rose to hit the form we have seen from him in the past.

our bench needs a bit of an overhaul.

also, hi. first post!

The majority of the players nominated for next year are either injured or suspended.
Who is to say the same curse won;t happen next year?
We need a lot more back-up than we currently have.

T-Rex will make a very good second rower, he can come off the bench in 2011.
At least he got 80 mins per game this season.
run him off the bench next year and he will use every minute on teh field to the max!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6