2006 jersey supplier

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silver

Reserve Grader
Can anyone confirm a rumour/thread I saw when I was sniffing around the 'official' website. It claims we have ditched Classic Sportswear in favour of Reebok for next years jersey and apparrel?

i am pretty sure that classic did get dumped, but its an NRL edict I believe

i am pretty sure that classic did get dumped, but its an NRL edict I believe

I undertsand that Manly will be wearing Reebok next year. I am curious though as to how the NRL have an edict that forces clubs to change manufacturers. The Bronco's have been with Nike for as long as I can remember and whilst some here may care to not recognise the NE they too were outfitted by Nike.

Manly only returned to Classic after we lost the NE moniker. Surely an edict forcing clubs to change manufacturers breaches any one of a number of fair trading laws.

all i hope is the jersey still has a collar. Cuz the storm and broncs have those crappy no collar jerseys and they look like homo's. I don't wanna see brett stewart running round in a crop top ala karmicheal hunt. I don't like pretty boy footballers!!

it is an NRL driven thing as far as I have heard. They are the controlling factor in this....I may be wrong and perhaps dict was the wrong word to use.

Considering the NRL control jersey design and take a cut of the profits and sell the jerseys, they are the controlling factor in this. There is nothing to do with fair trading NRL is the main ompany the clubs are just subsiduaries.

Roll out f bed early today did we Pete?

It is the club that signs the contract with the gear suppliers. These are multi million dollar deals for Reebok, Classic, Adidas etc.

It was my understanding that the licensing rights are held by the NRL and the income from the licensing rights are then distrubted back to the clubs. The NRL do have to approve all jersey designs and products that are "officially licensed" but beyond that I will be astounded if they can force clubs to change gear suppliers.

Nike have been the Bronco's kit supplier for what seems forever, so why have they not been forced to change suppliers. I could just imagine Adidas, Puma or whoever frothing at the mouth to have shot at the Bronco contract.

Not sure what you mean getting out of bed early?

then perhaps I am wrong but as i say I was informed otherwise, it is however second hand info.

The reason i said you got out of bed early was because you were snappier than me!

It's possible that you could both be right? The clubs decide but NRL has a right of veto?

Classic hasn't left the 80s anyway. Much like half of our administration.

I take this as a good omen.

then perhaps I am wrong

I have saved that reply.

I am in the office at 5:30am every morning, I will leave it to others to figure out what time I get of bed but it is an ugly number on the bedside clock.

[quote author=Daniel]
then perhaps I am wrong

I have saved that reply.

I am in the office at 5:30am every morning, I will leave it to others to figure out what time I get of bed but it is an ugly number on the bedside clock.
[/quote]

jesus, for me to get out of bed before 5.30am I would need to do more than pi$$ the bed!!!

lol, those CC people have it tough with the travelling. I get up at 6 to get to work at 7am

My assumption is that the club changed I cannot see how the NRL can force a club of Manlys size to change manufactures. From what I know there’s

Nike
Reebok
Classic
Blades

Why Reebok?

Corso I'm really pissed that you got "then perhaps I am wrong " out of Dan he's been heaps of times but he generally manages to slide out without comment :)

lol, those CC people have it tough with the travelling. I get up at 6 to get to work at 7am

My assumption is that the club changed I cannot see how the NRL can force a club of Manlys size to change manufactures. From what I know there’s

Nike
Reebok
Classic
Blades

Why Reebok?

Corso I'm really pissed that you got \"then perhaps I am wrong \" out of Dan he's been heaps of times but he generally manages to slide out without comment :)

I only live 4.3kms from the office, most productive part of my day is between 5:30am & 9:00am

In relation to why Reebok? Money.

My understanding is similar to others in that the NRL hold the rights to all merchandising but clubs are free to choose what manufacturer they like. It was announced on MSE last season that Reebok were making Manly gear in 2006. Like many others I hope that we have a collar on the jerseys but my presumption is that it will be identical on the paddock. It is the supporters gear where big changes are likely to be seen with tracksuits, shirts etc a little more creative than the fairly plain classic support range.

The more cynical amongst us would see the constant chopping and changing as the ideal opportunity to gouge more money out of the pocket of the tragics (or the addicted as Corso Pete prefers to call them).

Nike
Reebok
Classic
Blades

Why Reebok?

Corso I'm really pissed that you got \"then perhaps I am wrong \" out of Dan he's been heaps of times but he generally manages to slide out without comment :)

meh tonigt i just cant be bothered slipping out of it with the evidence i was using, so bask whilst you can before i locate the edit button

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4