2006 Expectations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Kane Cleal is on $100k then that shows we are gone for many, many years, and the club will do anything to please Crusher, who in MY opinion only, has done jack so far.

If Kane Cleal is on $100k then that shows we are gone for many, many years, and the club will do anything to please Crusher, who in MY opinion only, has done jack so far.
He is not getting paid anywhere near that amount and if you think Crusher has done 'jack' (in your opinion, which you are more than entitled to) then you haven't been following much of the lower grades at all. The juniors have been more successful in the last couple of years than previously and are continuing to get stronger.

KG - Cleal re signed last week for big dollars. The amounts quoted I believe are in the ball park.

Crsuher should be given another couple of years to bring some quality players through.

KG - Cleal re signed last week for big dollars. The amounts quoted I believe are in the ball park.

Crsuher should be given another couple of years to bring some quality players through.
Not quite in the ball park and I think in the next couple of years we will definately see some players coming through. He's been back at Manly for nearly three years now and his efforts at Parra are just starting to come through. Seven of their current first graders were his doing and I am confident he will do the same for Manly. :D

Kiwigirl good to see you posting away, welcome.

I expect a top 6, but saddly I feel some rot is setting in to the players/coaching ranks and it could be difficult to expect consistent performances.

I expect to see solid games, in fact I don't want to see any inept performances.

No team should put more than 50 on us.

Thanks Byso - I have been a regular visitor here for awhile but have just enjoyed reading and haven't participated before.

There have been some interesting views and discussions here and although some of them I haven't enjoyed reading (for personal reasons), I do appreciate everyone's views.

I am hoping for a top 4 next year - achievable if a few of your 'concerns' are sorted out. I've got fingers crossed for a successful 2006 in all grades starting with the Harold Matthews to the firsts! :D

Kiwigirl how is you're boy going, does crusher have much to do with the younger players progress once there in the club?

I dont believe K Cleal is on $100k, where is the proof? Do we all believe Manly is over the salary cap as reported in the papers?

Tbh I don't think our bench is as bad as you make it out to be Ryan...

My YART.

1 - Stewart
2 - Stephenson
3 - Bell
4 - Alberts
5 - Hicks
6- Burns
7 - Orford
8 - Heckenberg
9 - Monaghan
10 - Kite
11 - Menzies
12 - Watmough
13 - Kennedy

14 - Leuluai
15 - Dunley
16 - Williamson
17 - Bryant

I doubt this will be the actual side come round 1. Going by Dessie this year King will once again be picked over Bryant. I'd love to see Travis given a go at 5/8th, but I think Monas will get the gig.

18 - King
19 - Stewart
20 - Tutt
21 - Cuthbertson
22 - Witt
23 - Matai
24 - Rose
25 - Cleal

Our top 25 IMO.

I'm expecting 3-6th next year.

Tigers will rise even more with the addition of Harris,O'Hara,Lolesi and Galloway.

The Bulldogs will struggle. No Anasta,Lolesi,Grimaldi.

The Knights will make the eight if key players stay fit.

Souths will stay where they are. Harrison is a huge loss.

The Roosters will be back in the eight.

Nice, I notice no King. Dessie will play him, unless Blocker gets the sack. Then he can take his love child with him :)

I LIKE THAT YART CC !!!! If Monas doesn't perform, then Ballin is waiting in the wings too!!!

Kiwigirl how is you're boy going, does crusher have much to do with the younger players progress once there in the club?
He's going well Byso. Playing SG Ball again next year and then up to Flegg. Once the players get to the club they have people in different area's to look after them not only on the field but also importantly off the field. Its up to the coach's and trainers to futher develop their skills and the players themselves have to put in. Which sadly doesn't always happen. He still monitors their progress and offers idea's/advice/critism/support etc where needed. He wants the same as us all - for players to reach their full potential and the Manly club in all grades to be successful!

Do you feel there getting good of field support.

We all know that the players like to drink and play up, does the club work hard in getting them to behave and focus on school and training?

I can only comment based on my own experience with Brooke. He knows exactly what is expected of him both on the field and off the field. They make that very very clear to them all. They also attend 'Information Evenings' during the season which covers a wide range of topics including drugs and alcohol, women, finances, life after football.

The players have to take responsibility for their own actions and hopefully make the right decisions for themselves.

As a mother with two teenagers - unfortunately they don't always do that!! Even though I try my hardest to guide both my kids in the right direction, at the end of the day they will still make their own choices.

Does the club actively council them or is it done as an information night basis then there left on there own once they leave the meeting.

It must be tough as a parent because these kids egos can grow significantly, peer pressure is a big thing and I can only assume very tough amongst team mates. These kids have got careers on the line so it would be good if the club steps in when they see a young club representative going off the rails.

Does the club actively council them or is it done as an information night basis then there left on there own once they leave the meeting.

It must be tough as a parent because these kids egos can grow significantly, peer pressure is a big thing and I can only assume very tough amongst team mates. These kids have got careers on the line so it would be good if the club steps in when they see a young club representative going off the rails.
I feel that the club are active. There is a series of meetings covering the different topics. And yes, it is tough as a parent and also tough for the kids being away from their families. Personally, as a parent - my child is my responsibility and I will appreciate any help I get from the club, but I will not ask for it, demand or expect it. I don't expect the club to take over my parenting role and become responsible for his actions - that's not what they are there for. They have provided him with an opportunity - it is up to him now to make the most of it, and me as a parent to support him in any way I can. He's still mine - not theirs!! :lol2:

Very good Kiwigirl you're son is in good hands.

Maybe i'm considering the other lads who are away from there families. theres a few J.F players in that situation I guess.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4