2 years for Russell Packer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think 2 years non parole period is ok. Not having all the details makes it difficult to give firm view. It was only luck that it appears no permanent damage done to victim (if that is the case). A punch is one thing but stomping on the head of a person laying on the ground is, as the judge said, as coward act.

It seems to me that the Magistrate thought that as Packer has a profile it was a good opportunity to make a statement about these types of incidents.

Agree its harsh compared to other sentences, but also share the sentiment grubs who assault people get off too light generally. Its a terrible thing to hit someone in a split second reaction, but another thing even worse to then stomp on a motionless victim on the ground. It becomes a bit more deliberate and character revealing in my book .

Just because someone doesn't die or become a vegetable - doesn't make the attack more or less horiffic. The victims injuries are just in the lap of the gods.

I wont be crying any tears for this bloke.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
What's all the fuss? It's not like he's the first Knight to stomp on someone's head.

Did Bones hack your account?...that is a Bones comment for all money!:p

If a night out means encountering a drunk RP and ending up in the ER then they wont be many people going out at all without a bodyguard . Well done to the magistrate

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2