2 million in halves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dce and his value is regularly debated . If we are to sign a top flight game manager to fill in the gaps. This would have us vesting 2 mill or there abouts on the 6 and 7 , and that with no depth in those positions so still retaining frogger

with jake, afb, tom and marty on the books also we would be in a world of **** with that being approx another 3 million and we still havnt got a hooker of note in that budget or depth

Our juniours look to be seeking more coin that established players and we must keep the youthi hear

We all know we need a game manager. Is it worth sacrificing marty to get one, or walker, suli and hoppa if we havnt , its a hyperthetical

Id prefer 2 decent halves at a total of about 1.5 which is about what we pay cust and cherry id reckon.

Its great when everyone talks about what we need m but how that fits under the budget.

How would you find about 800k without dumping half the side.

This is the only reason i dont like DCE in our squad.
I lied, his cheer squad **** me too.

I'm pretty happy to let Cust develop for a little longer before looking to bring another half in. I see a lot of upside in him.

But it is not just a half we need, it's also edge forwards, outside backs and a hooker so agree we need to look at ways to unlock some cash.

From a pure freeing up cap space perspective, Marty is the interesting one for me. I rate him as a player and a human so he brings a lot to the table, but if I am being completely honest (and ruthless), I don't think he is the machine he once was. He is contracted until the end of 2022, two more years, but you have to ask whether he will be worth what he is on currently in 2021 and 2022. There would probably be clubs out there that would pick him up at full freight, maybe even for 3-4 years.

With Paseka on the rise, Keppie locked in and developing fine, perhaps Marty is the one that would free up the salary cap space. That, or the Broncos offering come knocking for the Queensland captain...

I really think with DCE and Cust we have a premiership winning combination....that is of course provided the likes of Tom, AFB and to a lesser extent Walker are available.
Adding Schuster at 5/8 was my auto design going forward....but you know what, Cust has played some damn good footy in a tough position in a team not going super well and his toughness and desire agasinst the Knights impressed the socks off me....I'm pretty convinced with a few tweaks he has what it takes and our young Superstar Schuster could well fit in with big impact in the backrow, though would let him float as has too much smarts and ability to be pidgeon holed into simply a right or left option.

Adding Schuster at 5/8 was my auto design going'm pretty convinced with a few tweaks he has what it takes and our young Superstar Schuster could well fit in with big impact in the backrow, though would let him float as has too much smarts and ability to be pidgeon holed into simply a right or left option.

I'm of the same thinking, could start in Thompson's spot next year with mole on the bench.

I'm pretty happy to let Cust develop for a little longer before looking to bring another half in. I see a lot of upside in him.

But it is not just a half we need, it's also edge forwards, outside backs and a hooker so agree we need to look at ways to unlock some cash.

From a pure freeing up cap space perspective, Marty is the interesting one for me. I rate him as a player and a human so he brings a lot to the table, but if I am being completely honest (and ruthless), I don't think he is the machine he once was. He is contracted until the end of 2022, two more years, but you have to ask whether he will be worth what he is on currently in 2021 and 2022. There would probably be clubs out there that would pick him up at full freight, maybe even for 3-4 years.

With Paseka on the rise, Keppie locked in and developing fine, perhaps Marty is the one that would free up the salary cap space. That, or the Broncos offering come knocking for the Queensland captain...

I agree, we wouldn't lose too much if we moved Marty on, and it would free up $700k or so...

My main concern is dummy half. Levi is not up to scratch and I will choose to not comment on Croker. How much money is Fainu on? I think we can all agree if he is cleared then he will be our 80 minute hooker for the next 10 years. But is he still on a small wage? If so would it be as simple as giving him the money we are paying for Levi and letting Levi go?

My main concern is dummy half. Levi is not up to scratch and I will choose to not comment on Croker. How much money is Fainu on? I think we can all agree if he is cleared then he will be our 80 minute hooker for the next 10 years. But is he still on a small wage? If so would it be as simple as giving him the money we are paying for Levi and letting Levi go?

Can Fainu tackle his guts out for 80 minutes? I highly doubt it.

For me i would move walker out , heard the puppies might be interested .

I really think with DCE and Cust we have a premiership winning combination....that is of course provided the likes of Tom, AFB and to a lesser extent Walker are available.
Adding Schuster at 5/8 was my auto design going forward....but you know what, Cust has played some damn good footy in a tough position in a team not going super well and his toughness and desire agasinst the Knights impressed the socks off me....I'm pretty convinced with a few tweaks he has what it takes and our young Superstar Schuster could well fit in with big impact in the backrow, though would let him float as has too much smarts and ability to be pidgeon holed into simply a right or left option.
but I'd love to see Cust and Schuster both on the park at some stage .... I reckon Cust has the makings of a great 9 and Schuster might be a star at 5/8

For me i would move walker out , heard the puppies might be interested .
The thing about Walker is that he is not on massive money, so might free up $400k only. He can negotiate from 1 November so I expect him to go to the highest bidder (as is his right).

But Marty + Walker? There is $1m in cap space for 2021 and an opportunity to reshape the squad.

Purely from a football standpoint, I think our answer is to sign foran. Dce and turbos contracts have hamstrung us in terms of signing an expensive halves partner. Foran is asking 300k, so we could potentially have a good halves pairing for around 1.5 mil with cust to play 14 and cover foran when he's injured half the season. 3 good halves for 2 million. Plus as cust and foran play a similar game, foran would be a good tutor. Sell walker to dogs. Play Schuster in the centres in place of Parker. Move on Jorge and play hoppa on the wing and covering fullback. Ben turbo plays right centre when sulis contract ends at the end of next year. Thoughts?

but I'd love to see Cust and Schuster both on the park at some stage .... I reckon Cust has the makings of a great 9 and Schuster might be a star at 5/8
Could be well right - tend to agree and seen Cust as a solid 9 who could really own that position over time.
Schuster who will continue to grow and fill out, has the advantage of being a big, powerful 5/8, but also has played plenty of backrow in the juniors.....in a perfect world I'd like Fainu at 9, Schuster as a roving backrower and young Burton (Penrith) at 5/8... with Cust filling in off the bench in any of the above positions....but maybe just a fantasy on my "wish list"

Purely from a football standpoint, I think our answer is to sign foran. Dce and turbos contracts have hamstrung us in terms of signing an expensive halves partner. Foran is asking 300k, so we could potentially have a good halves pairing for around 1.5 mil with cust to play 14 and cover foran when he's injured half the season. 3 good halves for 2 million. Plus as cust and foran play a similar game, foran would be a good tutor. Sell walker to dogs. Play Schuster in the centres in place of Parker. Move on Jorge and play hoppa on the wing and covering fullback. Ben turbo plays right centre when sulis contract ends at the end of next year. Thoughts?

Thats a pretty in depth plan there, its not half bad either. Well thought out jabuh
Surely forans price will go up though. Everyone is waiting off i reckon. Close to the best about when playing. he is in the wait and see for all teams i would imagine. 450 ish at least is what i think he will ultimately get

In a good side , if he only plays 12 games a year you probably win 10. Foran needs to go to a side where he isnt number 1 so he and his body can play second fiddle , not sure he gets that here unless fainu is back and tommy plays all year

Cust will kill it behind a decent pack and dummy half. We should show some confidence in the kid and lock him in as a starting half. Schuster's future is in the back row.

I really really hope that next year we see this future we have all been longing for. Hopoate, Schuster, Ben Turbo, Fainu, mixed in with Tom, Jake, DCE, AFB, Sironen, Keppie, Marty etc. I really hope that it happens and that luck with injuries and good management means that we see this come together. I don’t want us to be an ‘okay, fighting side’ that never gives up. I want us to be a powerhouse, and it is possible if the club higher powers play their cards right.

What we need is an accountant as good as the rorters have, because I am sick of hearing all the time for the last 5-6 that we never have any money to buy players, and that we are always close to have used most of our cap up, we have no room left in our cap to buy anyone. The rorters obviously have a very good one, in fact I reckon uncle nick has him on a life time contract because they always upgrade there superstars every year and they have more money tied up in those players than what we have on our superstars and most of their players are on big money and by all reports, they are doing nothing wrong.. :giggle: :giggle: , and they want to tie Keary and Teddy to lifetime multi million dollar deals and nothing is mentioned about that So thats what I reckon we need

What we need is an accountant as good as the rorters have, because I am sick of hearing all the time for the last 5-6 that we never have any money to buy players, and that we are always close to have used most of our cap up, we have no room left in our cap to buy anyone. The rorters obviously have a very good one, in fact I reckon uncle nick has him on a life time contract because they always upgrade there superstars every year and they have more money tied up in those players than what we have on our superstars and most of their players are on big money and by all reports, they are doing nothing wrong.. :giggle: :giggle: , and they want to tie Keary and Teddy to lifetime multi million dollar deals and nothing is mentioned about that So thats what I reckon we need
Keary signed for another 4 years today. Was written it is for 933k/year. I bet he has a lot of money in "extras" on top of that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8