1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 juniors set to break through in 2012

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Eagles2nv, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,470 /36
    Here is a write up on NRL.com which say watch for Michael Oldfield and Michael Macdougall to potentially make a breakthrough into the nrl next year on the wings.

While i agree with Oldfield, surely Whare is more likely to make a breakthrough then McDougall, esp if wolfman is not clear to play. (then again macdougall is a centre so if anything happen to lyon/matai, i guess we may see him).

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=44503&title=sea-eagles-pushing-for-a-top-spot

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,589 /78
    Whare is quick but not sure on his defence

3. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 /0
    Lyon would be hard to replace due to his skill factor and his leadership.
    But Matai is my biggest concern with his injuries, sure at the moment it's not a problem but in the future it may well be. So I hope we recruit like for like and get Conrad Hurrell from the junior warriors this guy is an absolute weapon and puts big hits on like Matai and is a handful with ball in hand.

The centre's we have in the other grades haven't got the presence that Matai carries with him

• Like Like x 4
    • Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +1,900 /7
      The same could be said for Oldfield couldn't it ?

• Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +2,115 /14
      Who is Michael Macdougall btw, is he a local jnr

• bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +9,036 /102
      Any relation to Adam Macdougall? Grandson maybe?

• DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +516 /0
      Very funny bones. And I agree with Jethro, Oldfield's defense is not good at times. He needs to be outside a good centre to be told where to stand and what to do. Robbo was a master at positional play, and I'd like to think he'd come back in a coaching role sometime in the future.

• jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
      +88 /0
      Oldfeilds isn`t much better.. Whare is smaller in build thats all i can see as being his down fall , he needs to bulk up a little, but that then could affect his speed.
      I dnt know its a hard one . [hr]
      Whare already has NRL experience with 2 NRL sides , he should be 1st to get a look in IMO.. That should have been the case this yr as well except he was injured at the early part of this season , he lost the spot..

• Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +245 /0
      Sorry JJai but Whare has only played NRL for us..

• Like Like x 1
      • mickyj

mickyj Member

Ratings:
        +24 /0
        Michael Mac is a Manly junior but left to play union for a bit but has come back to the real game.

• Like Like x 1