2 debates finalized re Monaghs and BK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PEPSI

Bencher
there has been debate all season, this time no excuses as the forwards did the job and we had enough ball in opposition red zones to win 6 games.

While he plays with passion and trys hard, Monaghs is not a top flight NRL half back, 1 great kick for Steppa to score then not sighted in attack for rest of night, some good kicks with some less that average kicks which he could have done from hooker anyway. Common denominator amongst the three other tries we scored was that he wasnt sighted for any of them!

Bring on Orford.

Secondly, if anyone ever disagrees that Kennedy should not be captain of this team they have rocks in there head. What a display on the weekend! its like hes played 200 games for manly, what an inspiration!

there lies the difference, Kennedy plays like hes been playing like hes been a manly imortal for a decade, Monaghs carrys on like one!

Pepsi - it's just that Kennedy is playing in a team of reserve graders. How many times did he have the ball available to offload to produce a line break, to have not ONE player backing him up.

Wayne Pearce got it right commentating when he said Monaghan just doesn't have the skill alone to drive this team around the park.

I just wish he would rack off to a team where the supporters actually want him there.

I just wish he would rack off to a team where the supporters actually want him there.
I think the majority of supporters have wanted Monas here and it is only a few who stated very early that he wasn't up to standard. Proof is now in the pudding, though the maroon and white brigade would cheer Hitler and Osamah if they were wearing Manly colours!!! :violin:

Actually its been since you went into the sheds to take photos of them all byso......I thought he was running a little strangely

gone down hill? Try fallen into the GRAND CANYON.

Mathew Elliott is obviously a very smart thinker when it comes to determining the skill of players.

"Wayne Pearce got it right commentating when he said Monaghan just doesn't have the skill alone to drive this team around the park."

Looks at 2004 - our attack with a decent 5/8 was good

now we have no 5/8 not even a poor one. What do you expect??

Witt might be young but so is byso's Holly, why not give her a run, they both offer the same in attack.

Theres going to be some very dissapointed people on here next year if Orfords playing with beaver in the number 6 outside him.

Face is playing with beaver at 5/8 is like playing with lulu at fullback. Sure they can do the very basic part of the job but there is a gaping hole left.

I agree with those comments too. BUT, I reckon if Monaghan had Darren Lockyer as his 5/8, Lockyer would make sure he has a good cut out pass in his repitoire.

I agree with Fluffy. Monas is good enough as the lesser of two halves in the team, not as the only one.

He lacks some creativity and also some sensitivity in his short kicking game. Put Orford as half who has both those things and Monas could either be a ball running 5/8 (he did break through the line a bit early one) who can kick and pass a bit, or at hooker if we can find a 5/8.

Monaghan is not a half. In both the numer 7 and 6 jumper he will be out of his league. Enough proof has been shown this year already. But... we continue to cling onto the 1 kick that came good. Or, that cut out pass he threw back in round 5. God he's a good player. If he even produced half the chances we've seen him blow in the last 12 rounds we would not be running 8th with a chance of missing the finals. He is a solid line runner. He can make a bust and he defends very well. He is a number 9 at best.

Do you guys honestly believe he would make a good 5/8? So playing second reciever you give him less time to try and move the ball wide. Teams have figured him out guys. 1 defender rushes up on his outside, he panics, spins a full 360' looking for someone else who may have an idea of what to do, he then stumbles to the line and submits in the tackle. Leaving Beaver in 5/8 to play first reciever for the next play. IT DOESN"T WORK.

My how quickly we forget how much mud our club had on their face during his re-signing. That alone should have seen him singing god save the queen before matches next season.

Monaghan is not a half. In both the numer 7 and 6 jumper he will be out of his league. Enough proof has been shown this year already. But... we continue to cling onto the 1 kick that came good. Or, that cut out pass he threw back in round 5. God he's a good player. If he even produced half the chances we've seen him blow in the last 12 rounds we would not be running 8th with a chance of missing the finals. He is a solid line runner. He can make a bust and he defends very well. He is a number 9 at best.

Do you guys honestly believe he would make a good 5/8? So playing second reciever you give him less time to try and move the ball wide. Teams have figured him out guys. 1 defender rushes up on his outside, he panics, spins a full 360' looking for someone else who may have an idea of what to do, he then stumbles to the line and submits in the tackle. Leaving Beaver in 5/8 to play first reciever for the next play. IT DOESN\"T WORK.

My how quickly we forget how much mud our club had on their face during his re-signing. That alone should have seen him singing god save the queen before matches next season.

Thats so true, we should call him "Dizzy" monaghan as he is always going round in circles! 8D 8D 8D

He is a better option than witt in attack.

Witt was given the benefit of the doubt as the younger inexperienced half expected to get better. It never happened. When he gets the ball he just stops, doesnt even look for an option. At least monas tries to do something.

Witt's problem is that every time he gets the ball, he has two options:

1. Pass to captain Calamity to see what debacle will unfold.

2. Pass ball to princess and watch us lose 10 metres.

I'd struggle to make that decision too.

Fluffy, sometimes you amaze me when trying to defend the in defensible. We arn't talking about witt, but if it makes you happy, they can both leave.

im being realistic - its one or the other - i cant see burns getting the nodd since he didnt get a run at 5/8 this year with a vacant position.

Shouldnt you be amazed by mata defending the indefensible??

Monaghan's efforts have been worse than Witt...... if Witt wasn't dropped we'd already be in the semi finals due to his goal kicking - we would have beaten the Cowboys and Warriors - and don't say the stand in 5/8's have performed any better than he has....I still say give him a go next to Orford.

One thing Monas does have is very good defense. He is usually one of the first on the end of his kicks and makes the tackle most time he is the first one there.

Defense wins games!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4