1995 Manly vs Sharks semi -Fox Sports 3.30pm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A summary

Manly were minor premiers and met fourth-placed Cronulla in a quarter final at the Sydney Football Stadium. The Sharks were the underdogs but led 20-8 soon after halftime following bright displays by hooker Aaron Raper and halves Paul Green and Mitch Healey. But a Raper error opened the door for Manly, who stormed back into the game. Tries to Steve Menzies, Solomon Haumono and Craig Hancock pitched the Sea Eagles to the front and they held on to win by four

From a special place...
http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Cronulla-Sharks-v-Manly-Sea-Eagles-Famous-Matches

Was at that game we clicked into gear in the second half and were unstoppable. A year later we beat them 24-0 just to rub it in.

Good to see tawera nikau running around on two legs again.

Fancy having a crowd of 33500 at this game at the SFS.

Why is that? Why 18 years later can they only get 20,000 to the same stadium for an even bigger semi?

Volley said:
1996 is on the essentials DVD.

Correct you are, poor form on my behalf !!

How could I forgot that game, good comeback and think i remember Cliffy putting Hancock away for the match sealer

Then the next week we came from behind again with Cliffy scoring the match winner under the sticks

Kiwi Eagle said:
Volley said:
1996 is on the essentials DVD.

Correct you are, poor form on my behalf !!

How could I forgot that game, good comeback and think i remember Cliffy putting Hancock away for the match sealer

Maybe your mind is on the america's cup?

COMMANDER said:
Why is that? Why 18 years later can they only get 20,000 to the same stadium for an even bigger semi?

Sunday arvo game in the sun i bet it was?, and correct me if im wrong, but back then there were a lot less 'categories' of seating, only the prime spots were reserved seating, everything else was a flat affordable price. so you'd make a day of it get there early to secure good seats, no hour long gaps between games with nothing going on. i remember the old man dragging me along to a few finals games as a kid regardless of who was playing because it was a good value day out.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
COMMANDER said:

Sunday arvo game in the sun i bet it was?, and correct me if im wrong, but back then there were a lot less 'categories' of seating, only the prime spots were reserved seating, everything else was a flat affordable price. so you'd make a day of it get there early to secure good seats, no hour long gaps between games with nothing going on. i remember the old man dragging me along to a few finals games as a kid regardless of who was playing because it was a good value day out.

This ^. How can you take young kiddies to a game that doesn't start till 8pm and finish about 945pm. Then it takes and hour or more to get home.

COMMANDER said:
Good to see tawera nikau running around on two legs again.

Fancy having a crowd of 33500 at this game at the SFS.

The game was ten times better back then compared to what it is today.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8