1982 Manly Tries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
Found a tape of highlights in the cupboard. Not the best quality. Transferred from beta to vhs then again.
Some good tries scored by a potent team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym15L1vuFq0

Top stuff eagle66. Thanks for sharing :)

Great stuff there Eagle66.
That Parra game at Brooky was mad.
That was one of the best club games I'd ever been too. Brookvale at it's very best:D

Thanks for the memories.

Did anyone notice, only 1 try from bombs in this clip. I reckon tries off bombs or kicks for that matter should be worth 2 point plus the conversion kick.

Wasn't that Parra game a ground record at Brookie. Can anyone remember the crowd numbers?

Great stuff. I was waiting for that McCabe try against Souths, I still remember that. Also a great reminder of how good Max Krilich was in the open.

Some spectacular running and passing. The game was very different in that era. It's very hard to compare teams from back then with what we have today.

Thanks heaps for that eagle66 brought back some great memories pity that team didn't bag a premiership they certainly should've. Have a look at the youtube clip when it finishes called Vanessa (Upside Down) 1982. That is just hilarious great tits though.

Thanks for that! Brought back many good memories of being at Brooky during those games but not so good being at the Grand Final.....

mickqld said:
. Have a look at the youtube clip when it finishes called Vanessa (Upside Down) 1982. That is just hilarious great tits though.

Bahahaha Mick:lol:

Great stuff. Thanks eagle66.
How good was Krilich.. Constantly busting them open.
A lot of inside balls for tries. Great ball movement.
By my calculations we must have beat Souffs 187 to blot that day. :D

How was that burst by Blake. Smashed into two blokes and comes out the other side.
My favourite player back then. Chip n Chase Blake!!!

omg! How great was that! Seemed every day at Brookie the sun was shining & Manly were on fire. Alan Thompson outstanding & Phil Blake's first season.

Just trying to to think who was there in those 1982 games still in the 1987 premiers. Fatty of course, but also winger Stuart Davis. The "two iron" wasn't he?

Awesome work eagle66, how good was I thrower krilich :) seriously this brings back great memories for me, I used to go out to the back yard practicing my chip and chase, dreaming that I was Phil Blake!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8