124 to 12

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you want to know how predictable the game has become,look at all the tipping comps around the place.In years past,an average of 5-6 would see you contesting for the prizes,nowadays 5-6 will see you mid table

The gap in teams competing in today's game is literally mind boggling. It's making it almost boring, and predictable. Sad state of affairs.
It all about recruiting quality personnel

A organisations greatest asset and investment is the quality people it acquires

The game is broken. With the introduction of the 6 again, eliminating the wrestle, tap restarts etc have killed the game. The NRL promote the competition as being close and it's anyone's game more like rich clubs game. It's disgraceful and I'm sure the teams who are struggling will lose their fanbase throughout the season meaning NRL will lose money and also means TV ratings will be down.

It all about recruiting quality personnel

A organisations greatest asset and investment is the quality people it acquires

That's true but you need plenty of money to do that. The rich clubs have been getting away with this for years and now it's showing in games.

Not sure if the 6 again, no scrum game will last past this year. It's basically touch footy these days, hard to get into. Maybe it's the way they have decided to address the concussion issue. Take all the physical contact out of the game and turn it into touch.

The game is broken. With the introduction of the 6 again, eliminating the wrestle, tap restarts have killed the game. The NRL promote the competition as being close and it's anyone's game more like rich clubs game. It's disgraceful and I'm sure the teams who are struggling will lose their fanbase throughout the season meaning NRL will lose money and also means TV ratings will be down.
Disagree
Watching the storm adapt to the new rules and witnessing speed, fitness and leg tackles is true sport as opposed to the wrestle we have had to put up with for so long

The Roosters they buy the best players.

The storm take on average players and put them through their system and turn them into good players. Sonic was unwarranted by the tigers and look how good he is now..

Panthers have done a fantastic job with their juniors.

The Ch9 exec who locked in these 3 games for them will get a kick in the lollybag for sure.

Disagree
Watching the storm adapt to the new rules and witnessing speed, fitness and leg tackles is true sport as opposed to the wrestle we have had to put up with for so long
Yes. It’s a tricky issue. People forget how the wrestle destroyed the game. Somewhere in the middle is the answer. How you do it is the hard bit.

Watching good sides play each other under new rules is fantastic. It’s when the class drops it becomes a fiasco.

The gap in teams competing in today's game is literally mind boggling. It's making it almost boring, and predictable. Sad state of affairs.
Only if your the bottom sides
I recall how much our club enjoyed putting a score on teams

Top three sides ( generally considered ) v 3 bottom four sides

124 v 12

Two tries scored by bottom sides, one an 80 m intercept against run of play.
Says it all
Wait till we get a 17th team. The talent will be spread even further. These blow out scores are the new normal.

If you want to know how predictable the game has become,look at all the tipping comps around the place.In years past,an average of 5-6 would see you contesting for the prizes,nowadays 5-6 will see you mid table
I think it's even more pronounced this year. For the last few seasons I've put a couple of dollars on the underdog for every game for the first six weeks. I always ended up well ahead. After that time the competition settled and there were less upsets. I had a go on the first round this year and not a single outsider won. I stopped because the writing was clearly on the wall and I doubt there's been more than a couple of borderline upsets in the first four rounds.
If I were the NRL I'd be starting to worry about my product. The old Tina Turner tribes at exciting games is long gone. As will their audience be if they're not very careful.

Not sure if the 6 again, no scrum game will last past this year. It's basically touch footy these days, hard to get into. Maybe it's the way they have decided to address the concussion issue. Take all the physical contact out of the game and turn it into touch.
Funny, they brought in the captain’s challenge but followed that up with the 6 again - which you can’t challenge.
Mostly we don’t know what they’re for but they are so important with teams getting a roll on and taking ascendency.
If the refs get basic things like knockons, strips, forward passes wrong, how many 6 agains could be wrong?

Basic stuff like Penriths 2nd try last night - Capewells non play the ball was laughable.
Tonight Pap jumps for a bomb and Croft “tackles” him but the vidiot rules that Pap initiated contact, how many times is that a penalty every week?

No scrums isn’t being embraced like they thought it would be either.

Can someone please explain why Hasler keeps picking the same team when they are clearly not doing to job and haven't for the past 15 games?

I would rather see the likes of Sipley, Funa, Harper etc play because at least they will try and defend and have a chance of scoring tries

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8