12 Gauge Rant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Our forward pack .... talented and skillful to a man ... in a gentleman's contest they are almost unbeatable ...

But bugger me sideways ... not one of them would bruise a peach ... couldn't knock the skin off a custard tart ...

Parra, Roosters, Canberra, Storm, Melb, Penrith, et al ... all have a couple of mongrel throw-backs that approach the game like chess .. the object being to remove as many of the opposing men as possible ... blokes that like to hear the sound of breaking bones ... blokes that go into a tackle with the intention to hurt .....we have a bunch of lovely blokes you would invite home to meet mum ...

Our interpretation of an enforcer is someone who will cuddle a bloke to the ground ...

Yes they are good ... yes they will win plenty of games ... but in a dog fight ... they would be licking arses while the other dog went for the throat ...

We have a score of minus 7 on the intimidation scale ... opposing teams have a photo of our players lifting heavy weights in the gym ... and have a laugh while throwing darts at it ...

Its one defeat! People have such short memories, a mere 7 days earlier the team that you say is not tough or has the mongrel withstood losing 3 players during the process of the game and beat one of last years grand finalists restricting them to 6 points.

Yesterday was disappointing to watch. The Sharks played their best game of the year and our fragile left side defence got exposed and conceded 5 tries.

I think also you ignore the effort of AFB and Sirro yesterday who put in great efforts in a losing cause.

We will bounce back, we always do!!!

Maybe lacking a bit of aggression yesterday but still a tough enough forward line up when at full strength and fitness . Marty and Keppie carrying injuries no doubt , Thommo a bit down in the intimidation stakes , Jet Ski a bit out of sorts . Waddell should help with his good work ethic . No hit men but is it really needed

Not sure that would apply to AFB, but I do get your point.
You have seen AFB right?

Yep ... never seen him put on a "hit" ...

However, I have seen him blow up a couple of times ... got excited ... only to read the Dear Dell's on here the next day breathlessly say that he will have to curb his aggression or he will give away a penalty ... good grief ... we quickly "cured' him ...

Our wingers big hits reel goes for 10 mins ... our forward pack big hits reel doesn't exist ...

Pretty sure Taupau could bury a few he just use to go overboard with his aggression and has toned down for the betterment of the team. AFB is a weapon full stop. It's prob hard to be carrying the whole pack, playing large mins running close to 200m a game whilst putting shots on every guy that runs at him. You don't see Lolo buckling ppl in defence. We have the best starting prop combo in the comp.. siro has pit a few shots on the last cpl of weeks also.

Pretty sure Taupau could bury a few he just use to go overboard with his aggression and has toned down for the betterment of the team. AFB is a weapon full stop. It's prob hard to be carrying the whole pack, playing large mins running close to 200m a game whilst putting shots on every guy that runs at him. You don't see Lolo buckling ppl in defence. We have the best starting prop combo in the comp.. siro has pit a few shots on the last cpl of weeks also.

Your point is well made ... we don't need 6 forwards with a congenital desire to inflict pain and cause mayhem ... but everyone of the top sides have one or two willing to to damage ...

For example .. In the days of old .. Gifty and Choc were happy to play football but if needed were just as happy to get down and dirty .. We desperately need to add a mongrel to our pack ... might be Zac Saddler ?

Your point is well made ... we don't need 6 forwards with a congenital desire to inflict pain and cause mayhem ... but everyone of the top sides have one or two willing to to damage ...

For example .. In the days of old .. Gifty and Choc were happy to play football but if needed were just as happy to get down and dirty .. We desperately need to add a mongrel to our pack ... might be Zac Saddler ?
Yeah I feel you.. choc and gifty had it all didn't they. A radley type player would be nice.. but I think since the banning of the shoulder charge big hits really comes down to really good technique and probably a dime in a dozen that possess it in the comp. Radley being one of them. I wouldn't mind horse bruh either tbh

Yep. Zac Saddler, Guaca and Sippers are three young forwards we haven't tried yet. It may be time to introduce them this season, one at a time.
But it's our backs that need an injection of life. We all knew losing Turbo would hurt but he is so vital to our attack that our hopes look shot without him.

Yep. Zac Saddler, Guaca and Sippers are three young forwards we haven't tried yet. It may be time to introduce them this season, one at a time.
But it's our backs that need an injection of life. We all knew losing Turbo would hurt but he is so vital to our attack that our hopes look shot without him.
Guaca can hit.. I've seen alot of bellringers he has served up playing for Blacktown

Yeah I feel you.. choc and gifty had it all didn't they. A radley type player would be nice.. but I think since the banning of the shoulder charge big hits really comes down to really good technique and probably a dime in a dozen that possess it in the comp. Radley being one of them. I wouldn't mind horse bruh either tbh

Hahahha ... your ginger beserker mate has a few issues I think ....

You could see the loss yesterday coming a mile off. Big gutsy win the week before, basically falling over the line. Like to see the record of teams the week after games like that. I'm sure ours is 0-anything

Think our forwards are fine just a bit of an off day yesterday it’s however our backline that’s well short on depth as once you take 2-3 out we virtually have no quality fill ins.

Funa is work in progress , he will get better but I’ve never been a Froggy fan and let’s face it Elliott probably wouldn’t be named in first grade in any other team.

But I guess that’s the down side of having three players on about 3 million in the salary cap era.

Our forward pack .... talented and skillful to a man ... in a gentleman's contest they are almost unbeatable ...

But bugger me sideways ... not one of them would bruise a peach ... couldn't knock the skin off a custard tart ...

Parra, Roosters, Canberra, Storm, Melb, Penrith, et al ... all have a couple of mongrel throw-backs that approach the game like chess .. the object being to remove as many of the opposing men as possible ... blokes that like to hear the sound of breaking bones ... blokes that go into a tackle with the intention to hurt .....we have a bunch of lovely blokes you would invite home to meet mum ...

Our interpretation of an enforcer is someone who will cuddle a bloke to the ground ...

Yes they are good ... yes they will win plenty of games ... but in a dog fight ... they would be licking arses while the other dog went for the throat ...

We have a score of minus 7 on the intimidation scale ... opposing teams have a photo of our players lifting heavy weights in the gym ... and have a laugh while throwing darts at it ...

Darcy Lussick will always have a special place in my heart for what he did against the Storm in 2011 at Brookvale. Who knows what the Storm might have gone on to achieve that year if Darcy hadn’t decided that he wanted to grind everyone into dust that night

I had my hopes up when I saw your thread title but siorry woodsie that is quite a lame attempted controversy.
You say Parra Roosters Canberra would whip us in a dog fight, we'd "be licking arses while the other dog went for the throat"
We matched and bested these 3 already this year, and as recently as last week in the case of Canberra.
Come on you can do better!

I had my hopes up when I saw your thread title but siorry woodsie that is quite a lame attempted controversy.
You say Parra Roosters Canberra would whip us in a dog fight, we'd "be licking arses while the other dog went for the throat"
We matched and bested these 3 already this year, and as recently as last week in the case of Canberra.
Come on you can do better!

I must of fell asleep and missed us beating Parra .... and my point .. is not that all teams with a mongrel are good ... it is that teams without it won't be winning too many grandfinals .. we are a fair weather forward pack ...unbeatable under the Marguess of Queensbury ... rattled when shaken ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4