11 Million salary cap for 2023 ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Tele today reports salary cap to be lifteted to at least 11 million next year .. and possibly as high as 11.3 million ..

So the top players will go to about $1.5 ...

This doesn't really help Manly or any club ... it just means the good players will earn more ...

I read yesterday that we have only filled 23-24 positions. No doubt we were waiting for the cap increase to be announced before completing the list. At the risk of sounding positive, we might not be in a bad spot.

Don't think it is officially announced yet ... NRL still in talks with the players Assoc over issues ..

That should mean we can afford DCE's two-year extension!
Seriously, what numbskull thought we needed DCE until the end of 2025? DESpicable must have agreed with it.
Why would any promising halfback consider playing for Manly over the next three years, at least?
Sullivan from Illawarra has asked for a release because Hunt is blocking his way. He would never consider coming to Manly because of the DCE roadblock.

Wont make any difference.

Any decent contract would have a clause the increases the $$$ by any future salary cap increase for any year/s covered by the contract.

Agree, but again , only the top players would have the power to get that clause inserted ..

Agree, but again , only the top players would have the power to get that clause inserted ..

I think its standard but you could be right, just as the base amount increases each time too, currently around $120k from memory.

If the cap fits wear it !

See the source image

That should mean we can afford DCE's two-year extension!
Seriously, what numbskull thought we needed DCE until the end of 2025? DESpicable must have agreed with it.
Why would any promising halfback consider playing for Manly over the next three years, at least?
Sullivan from Illawarra has asked for a release because Hunt is blocking his way. He would never consider coming to Manly because of the DCE roadblock.
agree..doe's anybody know what DCE's contract extension is worth in total ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4