100% Footy actual on air time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't watch a lot of free to air tv and definitely never watch channel 9's coverage of footy if I can avoid it as it is simply atrocious. But I do record/watch 100% footy just to get some other aspect as opposed to NRL 360 which is still the best nrl tv show despite the loss of Ikin.

Anyway, when I do watch 100% footy I notice that the main input James Bracey has is throwing to an ad break - "after the break" which is what he seems to say a lot. So I was watching my recording last night and decided to take a look at how much actual on air panel discussion there was in minutes and how much was ad breaks.

Here is the break up - I love how it starts off with a bang then just falls away and wanting to get as much ads in as possible -
Show starts with
8 minutes on air discussion
5 minutes ad break
13 minutes on air discussion
5 minutes ad break
11 minutes on air discussion
4 minutes ad break
4 minutes on air discussion
4 minutes ad break
2 minutes on air discussion
2.5 minutes ad break
1 minute wrap up
over.

how on earth can you have a proper panel discussion and continuity around all the events/game highlights/lowlights that take place with such short actual on air time especially towards the end.

I don't watch a lot of free to air tv and definitely never watch channel 9's coverage of footy if I can avoid it as it is simply atrocious. But I do record/watch 100% footy just to get some other aspect as opposed to NRL 360 which is still the best nrl tv show despite the loss of Ikin.

Anyway, when I do watch 100% footy I notice that the main input James Bracey has is throwing to an ad break - "after the break" which is what he seems to say a lot. So I was watching my recording last night and decided to take a look at how much actual on air panel discussion there was in minutes and how much was ad breaks.

Here is the break up - I love how it starts off with a bang then just falls away and wanting to get as much ads in as possible -
Show starts with
5 minutes ad break
5 minutes ad break
4 minutes ad break
4 minutes ad break
2.5 minutes ad break
1 minute wrap up
over.

how on earth can you have a proper panel discussion and continuity around all the events/game highlights/lowlights that take place with such short actual on air time especially towards the end.
I just record it, watch it the next day skimming through the advertisements and most things not pertaining to Manly, same with most other shows really, I'm in my 60's, life too short to sit through advertisements and other $hit

I feel the same way with battlebots!

5 x 3 mins 'fights' - many don't go the distance...

60 mins show.

Go Battlebots!

100% Footy is being screened so late it has become irrelevant.
I do watch 360 on Fox some times and it really has fallen away since Ben Ikin left. Last night they spent the first 20 minutes talking about the Cleary-Bennett "media wars" which got very boring and repetitive.

Just like

Show starts with
5 minutes ad break
5 minutes ad break
4 minutes ad break
4 minutes ad break
2.5 minutes ad break
1 minute wrap up
over.

Just like Austen Tayshus who reckoned 60 Minutes was really 48 minutes of bull...t and 12 minutes of commercials

I think Andrew Denton years ago started a "Free the 33" campaign against channel 9 to force them to show the 33 mins of game time they just couldn't be bothered airing on Sundays.

As I don't have access to Fox, I enjoy my weekly dose of 100% Footy, being the only decent show to watch that talks NRL footy.

The stats are interesting but not surprising. Whilst it's time-wise not 100% footy, it doesn't have any comedy or other palaver and just talks, well, footy 100%. As interrupted as they are, I still find the panel discussions and their perspectives on various games, teams, issues all quite interesting.

Show starts with
5 minutes ad break
5 minutes ad break
4 minutes ad break
4 minutes ad break
2.5 minutes ad break
1 minute wrap up
over.

Could you work that out as a percentage?

Show starts with
5 minutes ad break
5 minutes ad break
4 minutes ad break
4 minutes ad break
2.5 minutes ad break
1 minute wrap up
over.

Because you can't subject the public to more than 5 min of bee sting head or you'll mentally scar people.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2