10 yr Premiership celebration

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It was good to commemorate this amazing victory and the seven guys who paraded around the ground got a great reception, it was very notable that so many of that great team and coach where not there and that sums up things that for all that success, we now have division in our club, I would have loved to have seen the Stewart brothers, Matai, Killer and even Whatmough appear and it is so sad that it has come to this. In our history, our greats have always guided the new players and shown them the Manly way. This has gone and another sign of the erosion of our culture.

Sporting News posted a photo earlier with Hasler meeting those that turned up at the Brookie Hotel for a few beers , he declined to attend the game!

I had a good chat with Glen Hall.He is a funny bugger, I said ,thanks for the memories for that GF and for that break that led to the last try. He said mate,there was no way that I was going to let Beaver score the last try and have a bigger fairy tail and then just laughed and he is such a nice bloke to boot.

I had a good chat with Glen Hall.He is a funny bugger, I said ,thanks for the memories for that GF and for that break that led to the last try. He said mate,there was no way that I was going to let Beaver score the last try and have a bigger fairy tail and then just laughed and he is such a nice bloke to boot.

I saw him with I assume his partner and he is definitely punching !

-hasler_1o7iwo8nmcwwy1ge3q8k4x1zk2.jpg

Here is the proof Des Hasler DID attend the Sea Eagles’ 2008 grand final reunion – only to brush an emotional return to Brookvale Oval.

Hasler met with six members of the team that belted Melbourne 40-0 in the decider – Glenn Hall, Steve Menzies, Heath L’Estrange, Matt Ballin, Steve Bell and Mark Bryant - in the lead-up to Saturday night’s Sea Eagles-Storm clash.

He and the players were joined by their old trainer Greg ‘Brandy’ Alexander and strength and conditioning coach Don Singe at the Brookvale Hotel beer garden.

But while the ex-players, Singe and Alexander later walked the 50m from the Brookie pub for an official lap of honour before the Strom game, Dessie was nowhere to be seen.

He opted out of a return to the ground where he was afforded legendary status as a player and coach, preferring to steer clear of the spotlight.

It led to speculation Hasler feared a backlash from some Manly supporters still angered over his hurried departure to the Bulldogs just days after the 2011 grand final victory.

But just as many still herald Hasler as the club’s greatest coach and wish he was back in charge.

Hasler engineered the 2008 triumph over Melbourne – a record grand final-winning margin – and backed it up with another title three years later.

Sadly, several members of the 08 side are ‘off’ with the club, including the Stewart brothers, Anthony Watmough and Steve Matai.

And former skipper Jamie Lyon has had little to do with the place since retiring.

It’s understood Watmough hosted a function for the team on Friday night, but it’s unclear how many attended.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...a-disappearing-act/16tfrq714foua1uh40yzolauy0

And Max Delmege tweeted this;
Last night 10yrs since #Delmege Sea Eagles smashed Melbourne 40-Nil. Doesn’t surprise me Penn’s (
1f922.png
) couldn’t put aside egos and invite the Man that made it possible! Absolute joke really. #maxdelmege (Sam)

Sad that ox still isn't well after his stroke

Manly Sea Eagles: Why only seven members of 2008 premiership side turned up to celebrate 10-year reunion
  • Dean Ritchie revealed the star players that were angry at the very same club that had made them heroes.

"Let's make it clear that the Stewart brothers, Brett and Glenn, left in circumstances where they were unhappy," Ritchie told Sporting News.

"Jamie Lyon was displeased with the club, Steve Matai has gone up the coast as far as we know and has become quite reclusive.

"There are issues there, there are dramas there as to why this happened last weekend. There are obvious reasons as to why this team is so fragmented."

Peter Peters, another Manly premiership winner and now Sea Eagles media consultant revealed that all successful clubs go through turmoil.

"Every team has divisions within it," Peters replied.

"The fact that only seven turned up highlights that. But, the club's always going to remain, always going to be the Sea Eagles.

"It (the premiership) made them very rich men. It is sad.

"Des Hasler, one of the greatest coaches and players the club has ever had, he went within 50 metres of the ground at the pub before the game, and then didn't go with them."

Ritchie also noted that the players went to Anthony Watmough's restaurant on the Friday before the 10-year celebration, but Choc refused to turn up to the game on Saturday.
    ]http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...mie-lyon-brent-kite/bn1ym2s9n7jl14ohxhqz14c2z

Sad that ox still isn't well after his stroke

Manly Sea Eagles: Why only seven members of 2008 premiership side turned up to celebrate 10-year reunion
  • Dean Ritchie revealed the star players that were angry at the very same club that had made them heroes.

"Let's make it clear that the Stewart brothers, Brett and Glenn, left in circumstances where they were unhappy," Ritchie told Sporting News.

"Jamie Lyon was displeased with the club, Steve Matai has gone up the coast as far as we know and has become quite reclusive.

"There are issues there, there are dramas there as to why this happened last weekend. There are obvious reasons as to why this team is so fragmented."

Peter Peters, another Manly premiership winner and now Sea Eagles media consultant revealed that all successful clubs go through turmoil.

"Every team has divisions within it," Peters replied.

"The fact that only seven turned up highlights that. But, the club's always going to remain, always going to be the Sea Eagles.

"It (the premiership) made them very rich men. It is sad.

"Des Hasler, one of the greatest coaches and players the club has ever had, he went within 50 metres of the ground at the pub before the game, and then didn't go with them."

Ritchie also noted that the players went to Anthony Watmough's restaurant on the Friday before the 10-year celebration, but Choc refused to turn up to the game on Saturday.
    ]http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...mie-lyon-brent-kite/bn1ym2s9n7jl14ohxhqz14c2z

Let me call BS on this whine speculation

Was Ritchie there

A big fat No

Were players active in their banter all day leading up to the day via texts with each from those that could not attend

A big fat yes

We’re there reasons some did want to take part in the behind the scenes cerimony and pomp with officials

A bid fat you bet your ass

We’re thete non political reasons and availability of some players which stopped attendance

A big fat yes

We’re their players there on both Friday at chocs and back on Saturday at the brookie pub

A big fat yes

These days sometimes are more significant that players

They are all not tight
They are all not friendly
They all do not keep in touch like we wish them too
They have lives that don’t even connect with league
There are some that go not watch any games

Just enjoy the memory and don’t add to the sitcom

And yes ,I was there but could not get to the game either but watched the game with people that we speculate about

I won’t go as far to say Santa does not exist but do the maths but don’t teach your kids to count until they are old enough

Remember this,

We know both wingers were away overseas.

We know why Whatnext and the Stewart’s weren’t there.

We know Killer is a a very very private person, he doesn’t like any limelight.

And we know Skiv is an almost recluse these days.

The press can build it up all they like but thems the facts.

The turnup wasn’t bad!!

AN INVITATION NOBODY WANTED...EXCEPT THIS BLOKE
It was a dud party so I’m not sure why he wanted to be there – but former Manly co-owner Max Delmege is blowing up after being brushed from the 10th anniversary celebrations of the club’s 2008 grand final win.

He went on Twitter to call his snubbing ‘an absolute joke” and accused the Penn family of deliberately sidelining him.

Sadly, only 7 players bothered to turn up to the reunion – so it’s not as if they didn’t have room for old Maxy.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ys-cronulla-sharks/1r245fqfts6er1dannkc4yo7n8

AN INVITATION NOBODY WANTED...EXCEPT THIS BLOKE
It was a dud party so I’m not sure why he wanted to be there – but former Manly co-owner Max Delmege is blowing up after being brushed from the 10th anniversary celebrations of the club’s 2008 grand final win.

He went on Twitter to call his snubbing ‘an absolute joke” and accused the Penn family of deliberately sidelining him.

Sadly, only 7 players bothered to turn up to the reunion – so it’s not as if they didn’t have room for old Maxy.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ys-cronulla-sharks/1r245fqfts6er1dannkc4yo7n8

It’s sad for Max, but there’s no way in the world he’d be invited by the current owners ( considering how he bags them the whole time).

We all know how important Max was , without him no club!!

But as far as the Penn’s acknowledging this , well it’s about as much chance of us winning the 2018 GF!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10