$1 Million offered to Hiku to Leave Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm very pleased. He is getting better all the time, and will inherit the No. 1 jersey in time. It's funny, isn't it, how we think $250,000 a year is an average salary. I wonder how many of us receive anything like it, not that I'm suggesting my work is quite as physically taxing as Peta's.

Disco said:
I think he will be our long term centre, with Trjbovic or Gutherson to be fullback

Tom TurboJet maybe, but I just can't get excited about Gutherson, unfortunately.

Last year Tigers fans were writing off Tedesco

After round 2 Manly fans were writing off Hiku

I have a high opinion of Gutherson, another 12 months, another 5-8 kgs and he'll be good to go!

If its true and we do retain Hiku, it will ensure that we have a replacement ready to go for when Killer or Stevie call it a day, Peta is a genuine utility and we have cover for fullback wing and centre.

Goes to show you too that its not all about money.

LOL...was thinking the same! Don't pop the corks just yet folks!

Great news if true, agree he could turn out to be a perfect fit for Skivvy or Killer and imagine him in another 2 or 3 years in our system learning from them, Snake and Foz etc.....

Really hope this story is correct and I think 250k a season at this stage of his development is pretty generous, and hopefully proves to be accurate in time, too.

Article just posted nrl official warriors out of the race for Hiku. Not a confirmation but a suggestion he has resigned with manly. Media did get Mexico wrong though.

Hiku staying put with Sea Eagles
The Warriors have accepted they have lost out in their pursuit of Manly fullback Peta Hiku. Acting coach Andrew McFadden said they had tried to lure the former Warriors under-20s star back across the Tasman. However, he understood Hiku — off contract at the end of the year — would be staying with the Sea Eagles. ‘‘We had a go. We’ve been chasing him for a while, but I believe he has signed with Manly,’’ he said. The Warriors had reportedly tabled a $1 million offer over three years for Hiku, whom the club would use at centre. Canterbury also have had the 21-year-old in their sights.

http://smh.digitaleditions.com.au/olive/ode/smh%5Fdaily/

Jax24 said:
Hey guys, now as I mentioned before I want to respect Peta's privacy. I have received some updates from the whanau. All I will say is don't rule out him remaining here which he has already stated. Now please don't take this as gospel as negotiations are still ongoing with the clubs mentioned. I will also say that money will not be the only factor in his decision. Without giving anything away or raising or dashing peoples hopes as nothings final yet, I have some optimism that Peta may remain at Manly.
OK guys now that it seems the cat is out the bag I must admit I knew Peta was staying before I posted this. Just didn't want to post it as Media Outlets are known to lurk in forums for dirt. As if they would take my word for it anyway lol. Best to be safe than sorry I guess.

I did try my best to subtly hint in my post that he was a good chance of staying. Anyway it was hard not to let you guys know as I was very excited when I found out. However I thought it would be respectful to wait till it came out in the Media before I discussed it.

As I had mentioned money wasn't the only factor in his decision otherwise he would have been NZ bound. Got to love him turning down a possible 250,000 to stay put. Then again the Warriors aren't the most stable club at the moment lol. Peta really loves it at Manly though. Built a great bond with his teamates and loves the Northern Beaches, though who wouldn't. Other reasons that I wont mention were also factors with him remaining at Manly. Was still a tough decision as going back to NZ would have meant more time with his little girl. While the Dogs made a similar offer to us I dont think they were as big of a threat as made out to be. As for these other teams interested I didn't find out but I guess the same as the Dogs.

Peta has a drive and determination to become the best player he can be and also as successful as he can be. I guess that is summed up by his decision. Really happy he will be a Sea Eagle for the next few years and hope there is a lot of team and individual success for him.

You can never be 100% sure, but I like the cut of this kid's jib. I'm really hoping he will turn out to be a great long term Manly player.

Jax24 said:
OK guys now that it seems the cat is out the bag I must admit I knew Peta was staying before I posted this. Just didn't want to post it as Media Outlets are known to lurk in forums for dirt. As if they would take my word for it anyway lol. Best to be safe than sorry I guess.

Tell him globaleagle says well done! :cool:

edit: Hopefully the club puts it up somewhere soon to make it 'official.'

globaleagle said:
Hiku will be staying.

It's like you're some kind of genius with inside knowledge on this one!

I'd give you 10 likes if I could.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Bye Peta!!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
He also knows he has a MUCH better chance of getting a Premiership Ring that he can show his grandkids by staying with Manly.

Good choice Peta

Oh the emotional roller-coaster the retired must lead!

heeheehee:angel:

Jatz Crackers said:
Nobody has sighted the pen yet, so there is still time left for much over reaction and desperate concern.

We don't use pens anymore. Our deals are rubber stamped so the hunt is one for the 'SIGNED' one.

Hamster Huey said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Nobody has sighted the pen yet, so there is still time left for much over reaction and desperate concern.

We don't use pens anymore. Our deals are rubber stamped so the hunt is one for the 'SIGNED' one.

Sometimes players have been known to "ink" deals too. And contracts are never terminated, rather they are " torn up".

Jax24 said:
Peta really loves it at Manly though. Built a great bond with his teamates and loves the Northern Beaches, though who wouldn't.

hopefully with this new contract he can get his partner & child to move over here with him. with them here it could only have a positive effect on him.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2