“Penn launches stunning defence of NRL policy”

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Much ado about nothing really. Why would he bother declaring war upon the NRL through the media? I haven’t heard any other club owners come out and say the rule is farcical.

Hell, even St Merge made certain that they distanced themselves from the Jack Debellin case. It’s why he is funding his legal representation out of his own pocket.

Further proof Walker is on the nose with club officials and sponsors.

There is only one way for him to turn that around and that is on the field when he gets a chance.

Crazy quote, if accurate.
Quite different to say a person should be stood down until guilt is decided.
But to say if someone is charged then something must have happened is, frankly, foolish.
Depends how often people charged in general are eventually found to be guilty----wouldn't be a foolish outlook if the stats are high.

Now we know why Penn has been rolling over to every nrl policy on the run decision.
We did appeal the salary cap decision. Terrible decision by the NRL to hide the details of exactly how that case was decided, it shows a total disdain for the feelings of fans and our intense desire to understand why our team is being penalised.

Now we know why Penn has been rolling over to every nrl policy on the run decision.

Blokes a jellyfish ... plus he is pissing in the NRL pockets because he sees a big earn possible in the USA market and wants NRL assistance .... there is a game afoot and Penn is playing it ... (IMO)..

Blokes a jellyfish ... plus he is pissing in the NRL pockets because he sees a big earn possible in the USA market and wants NRL assistance .... there is a game afoot and Penn is playing it ... (IMO)..

There's a suprise.
Him and Greenburg went to the same school of Vanilla Politicians.

Beattie refused to be drawn into speculation he could be forced to walk away as early as next week.

“Regardless of what happens, this is still the right thing,’’ he said. “I make no apologies for doing the right thing.”

He never apologised for being a dickhead, so this comes as no surprise.

Beattie should do the right thing and walk now, no apology necessary...

" Beattie left NRL boss Greenberg to defend the game publicly on Friday following the decision on the Walker case. He rejected suggestions that he was ducking the fallout.

“The ARLC sets policy and it is Todd’s job as CEO to implement it,” Beattie said.

“Indeed, under the policy Todd has been given extra powers as CEO to deal with disciplinary matters.

“Now that the court in the Dylan Walker matter has reached a decision, it is a matter for Todd under our policy to determine when he returns to the game. That is why he issued the statement he did.
“However, whether the policy is working or not is a matter I am more than happy to comment on and defend.

“I know that will not be popular at times but this is about protecting the whole game and all players. If the game loses value, players will be paid less. That is how it works. It is that simple.”

Beattie has staked his reputation on the policy. The Daily Telegraph understands should it fail to hold up in court his chairmanship could come to a crashing halt.

Beattie refused to be drawn into speculation he could be forced to walk away as early as next week.

“Regardless of what happens, this is still the right thing,’’ he said. “I make no apologies for doing the right thing.”
So what happens if JDB is found not guilty some time next year? At 30 years of age & with no football behind him to maintain & grow his skills, his bargaining power for a new contract would be severely reduced & his market value diminished. I don't know what the perfect answer is here but his pursuit of damages could open a whole new headache for the NRL And I'll bet Beattie is nowhere to be seen....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6