[Resurrected] Zorba's 'Statistics don't lie'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest you ignore me . Simple . I was having very productive interaction on here and then I was challenged strongly on a point . A fellow staff member of yours stuck his beak in and I've shown them to be incorrect.
I'll chose to defend myself if I want and I'll ask someone to explain his hypocrisy if I chose.

Kick me off the forum if you like but I don't take your advice on anything .

Don't bother with posters you hate move on matey . I've debated with you on here before but your superiority complex gets in the way and you vanish so I won't debate with you again simple .

Who is trying to display a superior intellect ? Answer , the posters who think they know better than Barrett , Fulton and co and the other posters . Doesn't fit well with your agenda though does it ?

If I wish to challenge a know it all with a bit of reality I will do it whether you like it or not.

I've ignored the worst of them as advised and It's happy days ahead . Lighten up old boy .

I'll chose how long to spend on here and how I label the place. Don't worry many leave or don't come on because they hate it. Maybe the free for all abuse of the club offends many , maybe you could stop this and show some backbone .
@Forty Baskets tries to debate some on their negativity towards the club, and the thought police come in and give him a hard time. he is not rude or offensive, yet some still see the need to trivialise him as an outcast.
Ignore him or debate him rigorously. Simple answer: You don't debate him because you are intimidated by him! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

At the end of the day Zorba is one of us feathered friends a proud Manly Sea eagle
This picture says it all . Zorba doing a lap of honour with his Manly team mates carrying the 1973 winning premiership on his shoulders loud and proud and you cant beat that !!!
We all should have a soft spot for Zorba @Mark from Brisbane :)
View attachment 5589
If you look closely, you will see @SeaEagleRock8 and @Chip and Chase in the background doing the lap of honour.....NOT!

If you look closely, you will see @SeaEagleRock8 and @Chip and Chase in the background doing the lap of honour.....NOT!
I am sure our feathered friends Chippy and Sea eaglerock8 where there at the ground or in spirit cheering our Manly team on like the rest of us Manly tragics
We are all Manly supporters . We are all as one
If we are going to have a go at some one , we should log on the Kennel forum and have a go at all the dogs supporters

sea-eagles-fans_16mhuzlmqavow1kwafz2uxxz14.jpg

@Forty Baskets tries to debate some on their negativity towards the club, and the thought police come in and give him a hard time. he is not rude or offensive, yet some still see the need to trivialise him as an outcast.
Ignore him or debate him rigorously. Simple answer: You don't debate him because you are intimidated by him! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
Better to debate the game on Sunday and have our say on what our Manly Sea eagles are going to do to Rickys Raiders .
We are due for a big win at home .
671047090.jpg

Kick me off the forum if you like but I don't take your advice on anything .
People don't get kicked off the forum for being disenfranchised, or for being idiots - as you would be well aware otherwise there would be no one left here by your measure. I was just concerned that you clearly don't seem to enjoy this place so why put yourself through all the angst ?? There used to be a forum where there was no criticism of the club, it's officials or the players but sadly that no longer exists - so maybe it wasn't such a successful model.

Actually someone tried to debate him on his claim that Jamie Lyon dodged Origin because he was scared of Inglis and his response was to resurrect this thread and point out some disrespectful comments about Zorba. I don't find that intimidating, just bizarre.

People don't get kicked off the forum for being disenfranchised, or for being idiots - as you would be well aware otherwise there would be no one left here by your measure. I was just concerned that you clearly don't seem to enjoy this place so why put yourself through all the angst ?? There used to be a forum where there was no criticism of the club, it's officials or the players but sadly that no longer exists - so maybe it wasn't such a successful model.

Chip, from my perspective I have no problem with genuine and factual criticism of players, coaches and officials .... it was the mindless, unjustified and irrational crap that had become the norm last year that got me firing back. It had become "cool" to post abusive **** about everybody. Not one thread lasted 5 posts until some butthurt vomit appeared.

The "no excuses" mantra of the demented could not be ignored by any rational person. Perhaps Forty goes too far ... but all someone whose opinion he challenges needs to do .. is defend it.

I'm only interested in the real Manly Supporters Robert, They support the club when things are very bloody average . You are a supporter and bloody well done !
I admire your Manly passion FB and Im sure everyone on here are as passionate as you and me . If you see all their posts you will see just how much passion they have for our Manly team . For some reason they are not quite as passionate for the likes of Zorba as well . :)
Hey ! not every one gets on , right ?
We all love Manly though and that's 100% :)
f4e8b312aa03ad4653be7da289095d7b.jpg

Actually someone tried to debate him on his claim that Jamie Lyon dodged Origin because he was scared of Inglis and his response was to resurrect this thread and point out some disrespectful comments about Zorba. I don't find that intimidating, just bizarre.
I read it and you misquoted him to suit yourself. Stop playing the man champ, it is getting tiresome. He never said Jamie was "scared" of Inglis. You choose your words to ridicule, and you are clever about how you go about it. Bottom line is, yes, you will have your backslappers. But in general, you are displaying a conceited approach. I don't really care what you think, because this is a diverse discussion board...correct?

A bitchfight in a thread brought back by a necromancer of great power

Anyone who believes the club is faultless is a ****ing moron and has exposed themselves as part of Team Penn

I will never forgive those involved in the heartless knifing of Geoff Toovey our ****ing champion who has bled for this club and been the man who embodies what we as a club are about

Penn health is a company that helps people lose weight but publicly i see 2 fat pricks with a fatter relative, i doubt the program works

A bitchfight in a thread brought back by a necromancer of great power

Anyone who believes the club is faultless is a ****ing moron and has exposed themselves as part of Team Penn

I will never forgive those involved in the heartless knifing of Geoff Toovey our ****ing champion who has bled for this club and been the man who embodies what we as a club are about

Penn health is a company that helps people lose weight but publicly i see 2 fat pricks with a fatter relative, i doubt the program works
Question time ???
Tell me a club in the NRL that is faultless ?
Tell me which private owner of a club that has won 2 premierships other than Penn ?
Toovey is a legend I agree but which legend is bigger than our club ?
Penn health is a successful business that has also put their money where their mouth is as passionate Manly supporters . Tell me who else that you know that is not only as successful as the Penn Team but are also willing to put their money and time running the Manly Sea eagles ?
Tell me , will you run your self to the grave by being bitter for the rest of your life by not letting go of the past ?

276659.png

Question time ???
Tell me a club in the NRL that is faultless ?
Tell me which private owner of a club that has won 2 premierships other than Penn ?
Toovey is a legend I agree but which legend is bigger than our club ?
Penn health is a successful business that has also put their money where their mouth is as passionate Manly supporters . Tell me who else that you know that is not only as successful as the Penn Team but are also willing to put their money and time running the Manly Sea eagles ?
Tell me , will you run your self to the grave by being bitter for the rest of your life by not letting go of the past ?

View attachment 5599
What a weird discombobulated mess of a post you've made

Surfside almost bought out Penn's but at the eleventh hour the Penn's stayed for whatever reason

Even your idol Bozo left us,Geoff never left us, he was our loyal pitbull who put his life into our club to be backstabbed by these creeps including Bozo the nepotist

If I'm running a weightloss business wouldn't it be in my company's best interest not to look like I've spent my life at the buffet?

Do you legit think Penn health doesn't look like a joke given the physiques of Daddy,Daddy's boy and uncle or whatever he actually is to them? Who gives a **** if they sell well they look like **** to me

If I'm selling performance cars I'm sure as **** not running about in a sigma scorpion, it reflects badly on my company not to have let's say a Nissan GTR

What a weird discombobulated mess of a post you've made

Surfside almost bought out Penn's but at the eleventh hour the Penn's stayed for whatever reason

Even your idol Bozo left us,Geoff never left us, he was our loyal pitbull who put his life into our club to be backstabbed by these creeps including Bozo the nepotist

If I'm running a weightloss business wouldn't it be in my company's best interest not to look like I've spent my life at the buffet?

Do you legit think Penn health doesn't look like a joke given the physiques of Daddy,Daddy's boy and uncle or whatever he actually is to them? Who gives a **** if they sell well they look like **** to me

If I'm selling performance cars I'm sure as **** not running about in a sigma scorpion, it reflects badly on my company not to have let's say a Nissan GTR
I don't know about you feathered friend but I am just looking forward to the big match that our mighty Sea eagles are facing this Sunday
I hope they win because happiness is a Manly win !!!
600060-43e6e46e-63b2-11e3-9c8d-dcff222f125a.jpg

FMD what the **** is wrong with you lot?

I have a job, two kids and a wife, I don't know how you find so much time to be so absurd and privileged.

There is a rather simple equation here, however I will preface it with some information.

This site was started to provide a place for robust conversation about Manly Sea Eagles and rugby league to be a hub for robust but civil debate. The idea was that all is welcome, but everyone should be aware that most of us are rather sardonic, sarcastic and above all thick skinned. We all often debated everything without fear of what people might try to pin us with, we weren't what you would call "true supporters" because we were willing to call a pile of ****, a pile of ****. The site has evolved somewhat as we became the more quasi-official arm under the days Larissa was in charge.
The team became down on their luck and somewhat a pile of **** again, rather than take that to robust debate it manifested negatively with a lot of people I genuinely ended up worrying about their mental health.

It kind of saddens me that people come on here and decide to try to be martyrs and think that them and their opinions are more valuable than anyone else, that what they say should be taken with more authority than anyone else.

The overriding premise of this site is that we all have opinions and we all have interpretations, we want to offer those interpretations up for discussion, and in doing so we should expect that that opinion is likely to be challenged by someone else, that is kind of the point of a discussion. If you feel that, or the evidence suggests that you are unable to handle discussion of your opinion, thoughts and even version of facts, then I would suggest that perhaps social media and discussions probably aren't a wise place for you to be, for your own sense of self, well being and self-esteem.

Finally all of you have a very explicit right, that right is to choose to participate or not. I offer you the privilege of the space to participate, I spend good money and an awful lot of time I do not have making sure it is there, and to see it soured by rubbish like this thread.

So to the repeat offenders of this kind of rubbish I would say go take a sit down, have a chat with your mates or your loved ones and think about whether participating in the way that you do, is good for you, and whether you want to be a part of the site and this particular online sea eagles family or not.

If you think that you will change it by continually reviving old threads showing points that you made under previous aliases or by points made by others, it will only serve to annoy you and others. Trust me, I have on many occasions tried to influence the direction, mood and discussions on this site, and it never really succeeds, which is why its best to choose the discussions you want to participate in rather than choose to be in ones that cause you stress or discomfort. I personally opted out of several social media platforms and engaging in specific types of posts on them as an active choice, because I realised I was the only one getting annoyed and there was no point raging against a faceless name in the digital world.

On the internet you can create the sort of world you want to be in, you can opt into the positive, the funny the humorous or you can try to argue and claw at everything and everyone and you can see shadows in every corner waiting to pounce on you, the fact is, neither of them are true realities, just the construct you have made for yourself.

It saddens me to see this platform reduced to this, and people fighting about the meaningless when we are are supporters of the same club and are unified in one thing, which is seeing manly plaster any competitor that comes before them.

Just keep on keeping on, I am thankful for posters like @globaleagle who clearly get this and live in the same sarcastic, sardonic, funny world that I do.

TL;DR: if you hate it here so much, then don't be here, we aren't forcing you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10