Your club’s 2018 recruitment and retention road map

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I recall a recent interview with Lawrence regarding the pace (or lack of) in getting him re-signed. Rather than be phased by the question he replied something along the lines of....that they are currently looking at a 10 year contract (which I suspect was delivered with his trademark smile).

Why does jonnie walkers name keep coming up. I thought we had parted ways with him.

On current form I don't think Horhay has anything to worry about - first season in a couple of years that he hasn't had some sort of injury issue and he is delivering with solid and consistent on field performances because of it.

One area I think we are skinny in is fullback depth. Apart from Matt Wright who do we have that can cover 1 ? That should be an area we are targeting.

Is CHN as good as people are making him out to be? He scores well in super coach but that doesn't always mean he is a gun player
I have only seen a little of him during the last month really but in terms of potential, he is off the charts. Think attack as Jake is to defence. If the Panthers haven't resigned him yet I am sure they are working on it day and night.

The fact we have been asking questions about Tupou must mean that Tafua is potentially on the chopping block.
No-one is better than Jorge at finishing close to the line, or at taking tough hit-ups.

Tupou however would be an upgrade in the air (attack and defence) and in long distance tries, as he has surprising pace.

It all comes down to coach's preferred game plan. If he goes long distance tries I won't be disappointed! (though Jorge is always a favourite, nothing beats winning)

Tupou is timid and to be frank, pretty hopeless, a really panicky player. Always throwing crazy offloads and spilling the pill at the play the ball. And I haven't seen him good in the air since he had maloneys pin point kicks to catch

Jorge, despite his faults, is a much better compliment to our team.

We only need forwards I think.

I'm amused by the thought of grabbing Cordner. No way he'd leave a money club. Mind you I wonder how Brisbane, Sydney City, Canterbury and Parramatta feel about the likelihood of a draft system being reintroduced. That would put a spanner in their recruiting drives and they would be the teams I would suspect least interested in a proposal that would bring their ransacking of other teams stars back down to Earth

I wonder how Latrell Mitchell is feeling at the moment. He may have thought he was to take over at the back when Gordon retired but they went and signed Tedesco. Could be a good pickup?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Surely he'd be peeved. He may be playing in the centres but he looks the goods as a fullback. I'm sure that's where he'd want to play.

If I was the tigers, I'd throw a good contract his way with a promise of playing fullback.

He's probably under contract but that means nothing these days.

The roosters won't want to let him go but might have to if he's not happy. Or the tigers just wait another year and then have a go.

I'd like to see the roosters lose him. He'll be a star.

I looked into it and looks like Roosters have him contracted until the end of 2019 (whatever that means these days).

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/latrell-mitchell/

Not much, and he'd be pissed for sure.

To make the big bucks these days you need to be a 1/6/7/9 , a damaging prop or a running / off loading back rower.

Much less money for the centre / wingers.

He won't wait around for Teddy, betcha he's gone elsewhere for 2018.

Meanwhile no flashy announcements for the Sea Eagles , which I reckon isn't a bad sign.

We'd don't need too many more to be successful.

Mitchell has shown as much promise as any young player but there are some problems too. He's just been dropped to reserve grade, and also he might be a bit big to be a long term fullback, given he's just a kid and already huge.

Mitchell has to get a bit more consistency of performance before I start believing the hype.

My wish list contains players contracted elsewhere in 2018 including Latrell Mitchell, Bryce Cartwright and James Graham.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10