WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
they SUCKED that's about all that can be said for that game,they will get their sh*t together by 4-6 round as most teams do every year,when snake is back and TB sorts out the u20 from the first graders we will start our campaign.
in the meantime just vent and be happy@:)

• 🤝
Reactions: mbe
giphy.gif

I thought one of your threads titled WOW would've looked more like this !

Its not the loss that upset me, it the way we lost. Totally unacceptable. I wasn't expecting us to play well for the first few rounds due to new combinations but at least hold the bloody ball!!!

You ****en nailed it. I get the loss. I am not OK with it but I get why it happened. I'm not giving up the ghost after one loss we often lose our first games

What is concerning and what I don't get it is just how badly they played. It was the first game of the year, there was a really good atmosphere with a big home crowd, yet that team turned up with no energy, absolutely nothing in attack, no sting in defence, no go forward. They just offered the Bulldogs nothing. That new "magic" forward pack played just as badly as the sh*t one we had last year. That team was just flat. **** knows what they did in the off season?

OK, they are new to each and it will take time, but **** that was bad. People shouldn't be sugar coating it. I am not throwing the baby out with the bathwater, I am not calling for TB's head. I am just calling a spade a spade. Of course we will get better and win, lose or draw I'll be there next time we play.

The negative press from the Sea Eagle faithful is ****ing astounding!

Very well said mate. Perspective people. We had Brett Stewart, Feleti Mateo and Jamie Buhrer all out injured.

We have a new coach and system to learn.

We had a new 1, 6 & 9.

It's game one of a very long season. Barrett made changes at half time, and we came away 6-6 in the send half.

Can't believe of all people I'm the one trying to remain positive here :)

We'll be fine. Stay the course. 6-8 we'll be motoring I reckon.

^^^ they had lost their hooker, centre and replacement centre who was a back rower in the second half. PLus they were held up over the line and dropped the ball over the line. There was nothing in that game that was good, other than the two brothers, imo.
We will come good though.

Very well said mate. Perspective people. We had Brett Stewart, Feleti Mateo and Jamie Buhrer all out injured.

We have a new coach and system to learn.

We had a new 1, 6 & 9.

It's game one of a very long season. Barrett made changes at half time, and we came away 6-6 in the send half.

Can't believe of all people I'm the one trying to remain positive here :)

We'll be fine. Stay the course. 6-8 we'll be motoring I reckon.
We had one forward (Leary) that played last year total.

I have another take on it. For many years I have owned or part owned in racehorses. When they are having their first run back from a spell they often get very fizzy and stirred up in the yard and you know instantly they are going to run below their best. They have used up all their nervous energy before the race and run flat. All week the papers have been writing up how the players are so excited to be back. Maybe all the attention got to them and once they started dropping the balls and missing a few tackles they just couldn't get out of the mess. In the second half they started better and more than held their own. They only let in one try and seemed more settled. They will be better for this one run and now the pressure is of them they should start to gel in the next few weeks and play more like Manly.

On the other hand a lot of horses are specials first run back from a spell. Depends on the horse and the trainer I guess

It's early days I know but our coach last year had it much worse than this. Based on previous events TB will be sacked by Round 5.

Remember "we are a results driven business"

It's early days I know but our coach last year had it much worse than this. Based on previous events TB will be sacked by Round 5.

Remember "we are a results driven business"

Yeah, I know. Tooves was treated like absolute garbage by ownership.

I hope they learned from that mistake though.

I had the feeling what happened to Toovey was also a decision made before a ball was actually kicked off (which is unfair).

Barrett also has a much better team at his disposal, and hopefully they are all also pulling in the same direction (unlike last year).

Despite all that, Toovey was a professional to the last, and man I enjoyed that late run, because I was thinking if we made the semis, that would have been the epitome of the best up yours he could have made on the way out.

I get this team has pretty high expectations. I think we will be pretty pleased by seasons end mate.

I agree with you 100% on Tooves.

I hate losing with a passion but we need to allow this team time. The potential is there it's just got to click. There is time.

Skywalker didn't become a Jedi overnight.
Patience.....

You should try watching it in your morning time directly after a meeting and right before another meeting where you had to lay smack down on an RVP in front of his staff and a director of another department.

I tried not to let the rage follow me into that meeting but also channeled it where it was needed.

Getting through a day after a performance that **** is hard.

I will say though in 2011 after our first round thrashing by the storm my friend and I declared our season and our dynasty over and got so stupidly drunk that I'm pretty sure I sang karaoke. I think I even drank schnapps, I'm not saying 2011 will happen again, and the fact no schnapps was involved in my night puts a damper on it, but it's also too early to tell

Wow
That would be hard
Not sure if I could hold it together at work if we lost in the morning while I was at the office

I find it hard to enjoy weekends after a Friday loss

Early morning Schnapps buzz does sound like an enjoyable solution though

I have another take on it. For many years I have owned or part owned in racehorses. When they are having their first run back from a spell they often get very fizzy and stirred up in the yard and you know instantly they are going to run below their best. They have used up all their nervous energy before the race and run flat. All week the papers have been writing up how the players are so excited to be back. Maybe all the attention got to them and once they started dropping the balls and missing a few tackles they just couldn't get out of the mess. In the second half they started better and more than held their own. They only let in one try and seemed more settled. They will be better for this one run and now the pressure is of them they should start to gel in the next few weeks and play more like Manly.

Next time we play,I will take them in the quinella

• 😆
Reactions: mbe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8