Wolfman's no Try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
hahaha I wouldn't expect the guys who make the rules to actually put anything more scientific behind it than "I reckon"

So happy to live with it as is

You are kidding he clearly snaps the ball forward at the last minute.

Just because your hands are behind your head doesn't mean you throw it backwards. Watch it again

no he held it over his head.

That is like saying it isn't a knock on because he was facing his own goal line

So if he simply dropped it shouldn't it travel straight down and not travel upwards and outwards? He lobbed it from in front of his head Daniel. I'm sure you are not blind. You are now guilty of fabricating testimony to prove your point. And the answer to my above question was 'Yes'.

you must be a sucker for a magician show.

Watch how he throws it he doesn't throw that backwards. The traveling forward has nothing to do with momentum in that clip.

That is a poor example, and is a very good optical illusion. his arms go up and his hands pop that forward.

Forward pass any day of the week

The illusion is in the guy running forward. He clearly snaps it forward then runs on to further the allusion that the ball travels backward. C'mon, one can do better than that. Any common garden variety league player would have been pulled up on what Hayne was allowed to do. It's Hayne!!!, he's 'The Man Who Can Do No Wrong' remember..

Oh right right right. It's an optical illusion that the ball travelled backwards from the player throwing it to a player behind him.

Take the ground out of the equation guys. Does the ball end up in the hands of the player who is behind the bloke who passed it? And if your answer to that question is yes (like it should be) then how is it a forward pass? Please explain?

Or maybe a better question is if the player has thrown the ball forward, how has it ended up in the hands of a player behind him?

Fonz said:
Take the ground out of the equation guys. Does the ball end up in the hands of the player who is behind the bloke who passed it? And if your answer to that question is yes (like it should be) then how is it a forward pass? Please explain?

Or maybe a better question is if the player has thrown the ball forward, how has it ended up in the hands of a player behind him?

That is only true if the guy who passes it stops on the spot and stands still which is not the case. If he is running forward, unless the other guy is significantly faster of course he is still going to be behind him.

A more apt question and IMO how the rule should be applied is simple, take grey areas out of it and make it.

"does he catch the ball at a point past where it was thrown"

Simple and no room for interpretation

Oh ok Phil Gould. Mate just because you think that's how it should be doesn't mean that's how it is.

:flogger:

Just because you come up with statements doesn't make them true.

The reason it isn't this way is because backlines would have to be too deep an throughout a whole backline if every ball had to travel backward from the point it was thrown you would actually lose ground.

Daniel said:
Just because you come up with statements doesn't make them true.

Which of my statements do you believe to be untrue?

Daniel said:

As said, can't play like this, they would be standing so far back its not funny and wouldnt go anywhere.

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgMlDy2jP9s it explains it very well. Its all about the relative positions of the 2 players.

So then apparently the try the scored to win the match last year was fine then hey?

CussCuss said:
Daniel said:

As said, can't play like this, they would be standing so far back its not funny and wouldnt go anywhere.

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgMlDy2jP9s it explains it very well.
Its all about the relative positions of the 2 players.

This.

I have changed my mind regarding the pass being ruled forward based on the ground... 2:20 of that video has done the trick.

Will have to try the old TV and car experiment at a later date :)

The Eagle said:
Funny thing is Fonz,Hayne was hardly moving,he wasnt running he was prancing

So are you trying to be funny or do you really believe Hayne was hardly moving?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2