Will State of Origin die?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who remembers origin the following week once it's been decided.I know i don't, infact i get more nervous if i see a manly player down injured than a close game.

Who remembers origin the following week once it's been decided.I know i don't, infact i get more nervous if i see a manly player down injured than a close game.

Best origin game of all time was the year when the only player we had selected was Snake and he spent the whole game riding a bike.

I'm fully with the Pontian, when I watch origin, all I care about is that our players aren't hurt.

Best origin game of all time was the year when the only player we had selected was Snake and he spent the whole game riding a bike.

I'm fully with the Pontian, when I watch origin, all I care about is that our players aren't hurt.

I hope not , its the best footy we see , It makes a stack of cash and for that reason alone it will find a way to survive. Until the funding dies it will thrive. Qld are a chance of killing it though . Im not getting tied up with state loyalty here but, its not how many they win but how they win it.
The NZ RL is going to take aim at them in the future, and as they dont have cash they can only afford a smear attack which will probably work better anyway. The blurred rules which appear more blurred in the last couple of seasons than ever before will be attacked and adjusted to protect the international game. This will take a few years but most of the qld superstars will retire or get close in a few years.

Remember why it was started in the first place, and remember how within the space of a year players could play for 2 states. It would be funny as hell for the rules to be changed, the cash for the players to be heavily increased and find out GI who would not be eligible to play for qld, now wants to retain his slice of the pie and finds his birth certificate

Meninga could ensure origin lasts another 20 years or he could kill it imo. While he is on top he could reintroduce qldérs to the qld team and give it some integrity, but if he continues to travel the world on a camel looking for the chosen ones he could turn it into a farce

I hope not , its the best footy we see , It makes a stack of cash and for that reason alone it will find a way to survive. Until the funding dies it will thrive. Qld are a chance of killing it though . Im not getting tied up with state loyalty here but, its not how many they win but how they win it.
The NZ RL is going to take aim at them in the future, and as they dont have cash they can only afford a smear attack which will probably work better anyway. The blurred rules which appear more blurred in the last couple of seasons than ever before will be attacked and adjusted to protect the international game. This will take a few years but most of the qld superstars will retire or get close in a few years.

Remember why it was started in the first place, and remember how within the space of a year players could play for 2 states. It would be funny as hell for the rules to be changed, the cash for the players to be heavily increased and find out GI who would not be eligible to play for qld, now wants to retain his slice of the pie and finds his birth certificate

Meninga could ensure origin lasts another 20 years or he could kill it imo. While he is on top he could reintroduce qldérs to the qld team and give it some integrity, but if he continues to travel the world on a camel looking for the chosen ones he could turn it into a farce

It's been dying for over a decade. The rules are so bent, the refs calls are terrible and it de-rails seasons.

It's been dying for over a decade. The rules are so bent, the refs calls are terrible and it de-rails seasons.

Vyssini said:

That's all I watch it for. It had it's use by date years ago. Hyped up by the media but I think to the majority of fans the premiership is all that matters.

Vyssini said:

That's all I watch it for. It had it's use by date years ago. Hyped up by the media but I think to the majority of fans the premiership is all that matters.

It probably still has some meaning for a fair proportion of Queenslanders, simply because of the history that led to Origin starting. Apart from that its appeal is simply because the games are guaranteed to be highly intense and to feature most of the best players.

The disruption to the comp is easily the most significant problem. That and the fact that, aside from Ricky Stuart, not that many people are actually passionate about NSW. I mean, it's a great place and all, but I certainly don't get depressed if NSW loses a match to Queensland, why would I?

It probably still has some meaning for a fair proportion of Queenslanders, simply because of the history that led to Origin starting. Apart from that its appeal is simply because the games are guaranteed to be highly intense and to feature most of the best players.

The disruption to the comp is easily the most significant problem. That and the fact that, aside from Ricky Stuart, not that many people are actually passionate about NSW. I mean, it's a great place and all, but I certainly don't get depressed if NSW loses a match to Queensland, why would I?

eagles2win said:
No. Both states will rort the system in place to make sure that players from NZ or the islands to play for them

That was the thrust of my original post. It won't be long before the vast majority of NRL players are ineligible (legitimately) for NSW (in particular) and Queensland because they are not born in either State, so that oft use description: the best V the best, will be obsolete.
I think, because it is such a money spinner for broadcasters and the NRL, authorities won't let it die, and they will relax the rules to allow every player to compete.

eagles2win said:
No. Both states will rort the system in place to make sure that players from NZ or the islands to play for them

That was the thrust of my original post. It won't be long before the vast majority of NRL players are ineligible (legitimately) for NSW (in particular) and Queensland because they are not born in either State, so that oft use description: the best V the best, will be obsolete.
I think, because it is such a money spinner for broadcasters and the NRL, authorities won't let it die, and they will relax the rules to allow every player to compete.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6