Will State of Origin die?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
eagles2win said:
No. Both states will rort the system in place to make sure that players from NZ or the islands to play for them

That was the thrust of my original post. It won't be long before the vast majority of NRL players are ineligible (legitimately) for NSW (in particular) and Queensland because they are not born in either State, so that oft use description: the best V the best, will be obsolete.
I think, because it is such a money spinner for broadcasters and the NRL, authorities won't let it die, and they will relax the rules to allow every player to compete.

The only way for them to stop shooting themselves in the foot would be allow players that are eligible for both is to let them return back to playing for their Countries.
Could you imagine the likes of Tonga with say - Jennings, Tonga, Williams after an Origin series to toughen them up. International league would return to it's rightful place as the pinnacle of the sport.

The Who said:
eagles2win said:
No. Both states will rort the system in place to make sure that players from NZ or the islands to play for them

That was the thrust of my original post. It won't be long before the vast majority of NRL players are ineligible (legitimately) for NSW (in particular) and Queensland because they are not born in either State, so that oft use description: the best V the best, will be obsolete.
I think, because it is such a money spinner for broadcasters and the NRL, authorities won't let it die, and they will relax the rules to allow every player to compete.

The only way for them to stop shooting themselves in the foot would be allow players that are eligible for both is to let them return back to playing for their Countries.
Could you imagine the likes of Tonga with say - Jennings, Tonga, Williams after an Origin series to toughen them up. International league would return to it's rightful place as the pinnacle of the sport.

Brookie said:
only to whinging pathetic fair-weather NSW fans.
origin will never die in QLD

Funny you should say that Brookie. I'm sure it was the whinging Qlders that were saying that SOO could be dead after NSW won from 2003-2005 and after winning game 1 in 2006. :s

Brookie said:
only to whinging pathetic fair-weather NSW fans.
origin will never die in QLD

Funny you should say that Brookie. I'm sure it was the whinging Qlders that were saying that SOO could be dead after NSW won from 2003-2005 and after winning game 1 in 2006. :s

It is important that Origin keeps going, simply for the impact it has on the Queenslanders and the amount of good it has done for that state

Up until 4 years ago, most of them struggled to count past 3, and because of origin, they can now get to 7. Keep Origin going and soon the unthinkable may happen, and they may be able to count to 10, that will be a huge occasion

It is important that Origin keeps going, simply for the impact it has on the Queenslanders and the amount of good it has done for that state

Up until 4 years ago, most of them struggled to count past 3, and because of origin, they can now get to 7. Keep Origin going and soon the unthinkable may happen, and they may be able to count to 10, that will be a huge occasion

SoO hurts the Storm & the Broncos the most out of any NRL teams. For these reasons alone it's worthwhile to keep it going.

SoO hurts the Storm & the Broncos the most out of any NRL teams. For these reasons alone it's worthwhile to keep it going.

If I am not mistaken it rates as high if not higher than the GF...which shows there is a massive market for it

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/tv/state-of-origin-decider-top-ratings/story-e6frexlr-1226417681324

If I am not mistaken it rates as high if not higher than the GF...which shows there is a massive market for it

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/tv/state-of-origin-decider-top-ratings/story-e6frexlr-1226417681324

• 👍
Reactions: ads
COMMANDER said:
booh *ucking hoo

I don't think you get it. I have hated SOO since it's inception. I don't care who wins and who loses, I just hate the impact it has on the NRL competition.

Kiwi Eagle said:

haha, f*&kin, hahaha - that is Gold KE.. love it. Thats up there with the 'That's in Queensland' youtube clip.

Kiwi Eagle said:

haha, f*&kin, hahaha - that is Gold KE.. love it. Thats up there with the 'That's in Queensland' youtube clip.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6