Why does the NRL favour certain teams?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I know we played poorly, too many errors and inexperience told …. BUT please tell me if I’m wrong, the new secret to the Scum‘s success this year is to be constantly offside … and they don’t get penalised.

Just about every first and second tackle, they are miles offside. That unfair advantage is enough to beat any team.

Am I wrong? Am I deluding myself as a one-eyed Sea Eagles fan?

Yeah, it's part of the initiation into being an Eagles fan. You need to nurture and develop a belief of being victimised and unfairly treated by officialdom. You can even buy T-shirts and banners to reinforce the victim mentality... before you know it, your world lens is fixed and it's all you ever see. Meanwhile, some organisations develop winning success mentality and it reflects in their results... but don't worry, we then learn to interpret it as they are cheating and favoured by the powers to be while we are unfairly targeted. It's great for feeding insecure self-righteousness. ;) @:D

I'm only 22, and ever since I can remember watching footy it's always seemed as though the NRL "rigs" games for storm and chooks etc. As seen tonight, but can an olderhead tell me why those two teams and others in particular seem to get the advantage. And y we always seem to get ****ed over.
All about $$$$ and TV ratings now.

We sadly aren’t one of the sides who rate well on TV.

Reason 1. We were front and centre of the superleague war. 2. They have never forgiven us for destroying their flagship 40-0 in 2008 3. Nearly all the male panel members on Fox League have played for one or more of the favoured teams and NRL have a big say in how its run. Thats my case for bias against Manly. The other teams, I have no idea

I'm only 22, and ever since I can remember watching footy it's always seemed as though the NRL "rigs" games for storm and chooks etc. As seen tonight, but can an olderhead tell me why those two teams and others in particular seem to get the advantage. And y we always seem to get ****ed over.
If the NRL played favourites,the Broncos,Eels,Souths and Tigers would be in the Top 4 every year due to their popularity.The Roosters are not a heavily supported team and the Storm,whilst they have a niche fan base,if they haven’t overtaken or even made a dent in the AFL marketplace in Melbourne by now with all their success,they never will

They seem to get away with a lot in the ruck still. After ref calls hold, they still go on with it. Really suffocated us. They have perfected the art of slowing the opposition down and making it a boring contest and they just rely on opposition making errors.

They have a very good forward pack that are able to control the ruck

Some teams just know how to bend the rules and manipulate the refs. They then adapt when the refereeing standards change for finals footy. That's good coaching in my opinion, albeit a cynical way to play footy.

Manly really need some lessons in penalty milking, we just don't try it on enough. Maybe we are too nice.

How is it that every high shot we put on the storm was penalised? Reuben copped a hit on the chin and noone looked at it. Shuster gets hit in a tackle, is slow to get up and gets replaced- nothing. Melbourne are masters at getting rub of the green calls.

The refs are paid by the NRL. The NRL is a business with financial imperatives, one being the Storm succeeds in Victoria.

Teams succeed by being successful, drawing sponsorship and making profits. Failure in Victoria will hamper future growth and expansion efforts and cede ground to alternative codes in an already crowded marketplace.

The Storm used to be owned by News Corp who tried to hijack the comp with Superleague and still owns Fox and Kayo. I believe there is some residual hate for Manly as they led the defence of the takeover and would have been the final domino if they defected. And so commentators know who writes their cheques, just as journos know too.

The Storm have seemingly unlimited resources to recruit and develop their squad. While most clubs historically build a following through community (like Manly once had to have players from the northern beaches comps, and then an import rule was introduced). The Storm can only build their following through success. They are essentially a made-up club that won the comp in their second year.

I umpire another sport at a reasonable level, i have trained very hard to be consistent with my calls and in judgement and in fact I pay no attention to what teams I umpire, even my own club.
I am so bemused by the unevenness of the officiating at the NRL from week to week. Sis agains, holding down and ruck infringements stick out to me every week. Not just Manly games but others where I don't care who wins.
Consistency and the NRL just don't go together.

They seem to get away with a lot in the ruck still. After ref calls hold, they still go on with it. Really suffocated us. They have perfected the art of slowing the opposition down and making it a boring contest and they just rely on opposition making errors.

They have a very good forward pack that are able to control the ruck
Which is why they brought in the 6 again rule, however hardly any were given last night and the ones that they called were for inside the 10 instead of wrestling around in the ruck

If the NRL played favourites,the Broncos,Eels,Souths and Tigers would be in the Top 4 every year due to their popularity.The Roosters are not a heavily supported team and the Storm,whilst they have a niche fan base,if they haven’t overtaken or even made a dent in the AFL marketplace in Melbourne by now with all their success,they never will
The Storm are Queensland's finest team. Why they don't relocate them to Redcliff or the Sunshine Coast permanently I'll never know.

Just to add some fuel.. Garricks flick back in was good!

Attachments

• 2DCEC3FF-1393-45A0-A4A7-125116CD3BC6.jpeg
    2DCEC3FF-1393-45A0-A4A7-125116CD3BC6.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 21
Roosters getting some gold standard calls tonight, after copping 1 bad call early.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8