Who would win our 100 metre race

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A backline of Snake, Wolfman, Whare, Lyon, Oldfield, Foran and DCE would be one of the faster combinations in the comp. That lineup may well be seen at some stage of next season.

Earlier this week on 2UE, Brandy commented Dessie had mentioned to him that Oldfield was as quick as anyone in the game.

Gibbsy then wondered why he hadn't played more games considering our lack of speed?

Fair question....

Ok, I,m going to show my age here.
In the late sixties Les Hannigan was fastest without a doubt.
In the seventies, easily Russell Gartner, Irvine was past his best when he came to us.
In the eighties, Shearer and Blake [especially over 30-40 metres]  , and believe it or not Des Hasler, he killed ET and others in a match race.
We also had a player in the late eighties called Darren Riley who only played a handfull of first grade games, he was a pofessional runner who won several Gift events, he would probably be the fastest of the lot.
In the nineties, Elsegood, but not as fast as a few other wingers around.
Then in recent years Donald, Stewert and Williams, probably in that order

TWiL link said:
I actually asked Oldfield this question last night, and he said the fastest two are Wolfman and Snake, I would have thought he would be in the mix too but apparently not.

He's just modest mate. Another quality asset the young bloke possesses.

I passed out when I read people saying Robbo's quick. Old Michael 'Treadmill' Robertson.

Robbo has been great for us but I think we will have to move him on after next season.  We don't want to keep him at the expense of Oldfield, Hoppa etc.  He is only contracted till the end of 2011 isn't he?

Have to agree Garts. I still think a move to the Backrow for Matai should be on the cards to speed us up....which leaves two vacant spots for Oldfield, Whare and / or Hoppa.

The Brett Stewart / knees situation may determine whether all three have a position.

Ideally, I'd go for (maybe not next year, but later):-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Oldfield
03. Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams

(Speed upgrade in all but one area)

06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

(I hear Daly is faster than Trent)

08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Tony Williams

(Tony would certainly make a swift prop)

11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Matai
13. Glenn Stewart

(Good mix of speed, mobility and ball playing)

14. William Hopoate

(could fill in most spots in the back line)

15. George Rose

(slimmer, faster and more mobile hopefully)

16. Brent Kite

(has always been a decent paced forward)

17. Shane Rodney

(Is great, and very mobile / effective)

and that's a great bench too.

like that team Ryan, that backline looks lethal!! It also looks a future backline that we will develop(and Hoppa on the bench as well) Sorta keen to see if Hoppa could develop as a centre, if dce fails, lyon to 5/8 and a centres of whare, hoppa and matai

I still believe that Matai offers too much for us from centre to be chucking him into the forwards any time soon

Garts link said:
Robbo has been great for us but I think we will have to move him on after next season.  We don't want to keep him at the expense of Oldfield, Hoppa etc.  He is only contracted till the end of 2011 isn't he?

I think he and Wolfman both signed 3 year deals last season, so 2 more to go

Is a tough one with Robbo, he is still as solid and consistent as they come, and has been a great clubman for us, but there are other options surfacing as well

Just back onto this 100m thing, does anybody actually know how quick Williams is at full noise ? He takes a long time to wind up but am just wondering what his top end speed is like, because Hayne looked bloody quick in that race the other night, but earlier in the year Tony managed to run him down at Parra Stadium

Williams missed Coote,he chased after him and tackled him for possibly the best tackle last decade,he is speed incarnate

in the backline now would be robbo and killer

in the best backline it would be snake and wolfy

quickest forward choc and georgoeus georgey

:D

Shire Eagle link said:
in the backline now would be robbo and killer

in the best backline it would be snake and wolfy

quickest forward choc and georgoeus georgey

:D

Put a donut at the end & it Rose wins for sure.

Graham Lowe is trying to have the race moved to PNG & live TV right have been given to Maori TV.

:)

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8