Who would win our 100 metre race

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The spelling was Yakich and Hanigan.

The fastest ever to play for Manly - by some margin - was Ken Irvine - both off the mark and over a distance.  From memory he was the Australian beach sprinting champion and even made an attempt on the professional 100 yard world record he was so fast. Did it in 9.3 seconds.  He'd be on the short list of the fastest to have ever played the game for any team.

He used to play in the open Manly-Warringah touch footie comp in his 40's and was an automatic selection in the rep teams. Still pretty damned fast even at that age.

well he said they were top 4 so not right there ;D reckon dragons or roosters, but he hates roosters so dragons. Not hard picking a minor premier who had an easy 1st round semi.

sorry KE, gee, maybe ben or robbo?? choc is definitely quick but not sure, bit stunned about Nightingale running past robbo and backing up Gasnier at the end of the game, robbo was a long way behind. You would have thought Robbo would have got close to Gasnier but no where near!!

With Hoppa, Whare, Brett and Wolfie, DCE coming back it changes the backline for sure in terms of speed. I do know that Whare was injured quite a lot so the comparisons to Sam from Gold Coast running him down is tad harsh. I did hear at start of year he was right on Brett's tail in sprints and was 2nd fastest in club!! I saw Whare play a matts game against us for Saints a couple of years ago and he looked like Usian Bolt, he ran rings around us, not long after he got a really bad knee injury that stuffed him up. Saints fans rated him so hoping he can kick on in 2011. He is only a young kid. Love to see Matai as a Ronnny Gibbs in the pack. 

les haningan`s  daughter was  fast, he actually moved down my way after he retired he has 2 kids   a son and daughter his daughter kylie hanigan  was in the commonwealth games 400 meters  a few years back , she was in the race where they  pass the baton on.. she was fast.. his son i see around sometimes he is nearly 40 now .. time flies lol..

jjai link said:
les haningan`s  daughter was  fast, he actually moved down my way after he retired he has 2 kids  a son and daughter his daughter kylie hanigan  was in the commonwealth games 400 meters  a few years back , she was in the race where they  pass the baton on.. she was fast.. his son i see around sometimes he is nearly 40 now .. time flies lol..
Otherwise known as a relay!

Chris Hicks clocked a sub 10.5 over 100m at training at Narrabeen a few years ago.

Usain Bolt is in the country at the moment. If he could catch a ball I'd love to see him on the wing for Manly. Maybe we could make him an offer.

Brett was fastest in pre-season over a set distance but I'd go with Wolfie - can't help thinking of the grin on his pink bearded face after he ran the full length of the field, stumbled, recovered and then still stopped a certain try at Penrith.

Also his length of the field intercept try at skilled 3 seasons ago (He got play of the day for that one and I had a chat with him at the after match function and he confirmed he was watching the big screen at the end of the ground as he wa running to see how close Titans players were behind him lol)

I actually asked Oldfield this question last night, and he said the fastest two are Wolfman and Snake, I would have thought he would be in the mix too but apparently not.

acceleration is very important especially in the halves then you need pace to finish off long range movements, foran seems quite quick off the mark but fades at about 30 meters,we did lack pace this year,robbo quite quick but takes a while to hit full pace,DCE much quicker than hodkinsonoff the mark and long range,Dale Shearer was very quick,Bozo had acceleration. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4