Who 's contracts should we renew

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
probably, because he is 32 BJ should not be renewed Johnnie Walker also (if he is still on the books) as he hasn't made the grade (but neither has Tom Wright and they were signed at the same time). What has happened to Tom W is he injured again?

probably, because he is 32 BJ should not be renewed Johnnie Walker also (if he is still on the books) as he hasn't made the grade (but neither has Tom Wright and they were signed at the same time). What has happened to Tom W is he injured again?

From what i have seen Tom Wright is coming along pretty well and still playing 20's. Went pretty well in 9's and could play some 1st grade this year if we get a lot of injuries.

It's a tough call with BJ, he may be 32 but I feel he really puts in when we need him.
With the freed up monies from Matai and Stewart and the salary cap rise. I be tempted to use that money on two more quality players and review the situation at the end of 2018 when Nate Myles and Lewis Brown's contracts are up.

I'd say from that list,Parker & Bainbridge only,BJ's getting on as to is Frank W,Taufua to many errors & lazy at times,haven't seen Johnnie W play.

Bainbridge 1st
Parker 2nd
BJ on a suitable amount for someone with his injuries and history but a smile on our faces if he can find a better deal elsewhere and a thanks for what he has done.
Tafua - sure but again, a winger is a winger
Winterstein on low dollars is fine.
Walker was cut already.

According to zerotackle.com these players are coming off contract this year;
Billy Bainbridge,
Brenton Lawrence,
Brad Parker,
Jorge Taufua,
Frank Winterstein &
Johnnie Walker?
who do you think we should retain?
Bainbridge has put his hand up already, otherwise it's impossible to say at this stage. We should retain the ones who do well this year, and pass on those who don't or who become busted (obviously).
giphy.gif

I think BJ is a must. He gives so much on and off the field. This price would not be significant in the scale of things. His year off has helped his longevity. Oh and lets get start if we sign him. 4 years may be a bit excessive:). 1? 2?

I'd be working on Bainbridge now, not of the others are time critical

I think Parker is worth re-signing and Lawrence in current form is worth a modest 1 year extension but also wouldn't stand in his way if he got a great offer elsewhere

i would re sign them all , I wouldn't pay overs for any of them though
My reason's are :
Trying to keep the same group of players together
With Matai and Stewart off the books next year we have room in the cap to buy

BJ but if hes kept in that Shane Rodney/Glenn Hall/Mark Bryant role.

Bainbridge yes.

Parker yes.

Tafua would depend on whether anyone else steps up this year or what replacements are available. I wouldn't get rid of him just because. He has value as a ball runner, but he'd need to put in a very consistent year to get extended I think.

The others no.

Bainbridge and Parker yes.

Jorge I say yes because other than his inability under a high ball he does provide good value.

BJ is a tough one. The big problem is that he turns 33 in December. I know he had a late start to his career, but he has had his share of injuries. I'd like to say yes, but I have a feeling (considering we've shopped him around before) that this will be his last year in the maroon and white.

Despite being given a starting role so far this year, I wouldn't re-sign Frankenstein. Turns 31 in December and I think we have others like Shaun Lane and Billy Bainbridge more than capable of playing his role.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8