Who 's contracts should we renew

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Bainbridge and Parker are a must. We have let a couple of good youngsters go that have kicked on and we can't do that again with these two.

I'd not re-sign the others.

I really appreciate what Lawrence has done; however, 33 next year and I'd be happy for him to pick up good dollars to see out his career in the ESL. I think it would extend his career a little.

I don't think Johnnie Walker is still with us.

I'd keep all on that list (assuming J.Walker is gone.)

But it depends on injuries, asking price and the usual 1000 items that the club have to deal with.

"Whose."

edit: We cant get rid of Lawrence, he's equal first on our mvp!

Last edited:
To me it depends on what positions we are targetting for next year.

BJ looks to have another year in him and his leadership is an ingredient we need.

Bainbridge seems a likely proposition and a player type we dont have many others.

Parker looked ok in what i saw but saw very little . He may be a champ but i wonder what people are basing his potential on. Did his job no doubt. Moving forward i would think we would keep him or tafua, not both

Know nothing about walker.

You would think with jason taylor moved on there may be a push to get sirro back at the tigers. Not sure how much coin is on winnerstein. Back row probably would be a recruitment target, so thats a whole lot of depends. Frank has the option of smashing down the door and making us resign him. A lot has to play out here before we committ id suspect

Jonnies kept walkin already but depending on who's coming in it wouldn't cost that much to sign the rest.
I'd prefer that than another like for like ( or less ) clean out.

Best idea is to let the players decide who is retained by way of form.
Play well enough and you pick yourself up a contract....thats the fair way - let form decide....
Keep in mind it also depends on who Manly plan on signing, relating to that position also.

Play well enough and you pick yourself up a contract....thats the fair way - let form decide....
Keep in mind it also depends on who Manly plan on signing, relating to that position also.

I think what the OP is saying is essentially who to you think is worth retaining based on form + other attributes not what do you think the club will do.

I think what the OP is saying is essentially who to you think is worth retaining based on form + other attributes not what do you think the club will do.
Billy is worth keeping, that's about it at present.
Winterstein (30) & Lawrence (32) are doing the job but will need to be assessed closer to season's end due to their vintage.
Happy to keep Jorge but he's hardly a priority.
Parker hasn't clinched a deal yet.

Fair enough mate....bit early imo Fluffy....think a few more weeks will give a clearer picture.
Based on form...yet to see enough of most players mentioned though would add BJ a 1 year offer.

With Snake & Matai's money we could seriously upgrade the positions currently held by Winterstein and Lawrence, so they may be unlucky.

edit: We cant get rid of Lawrence, he's equal first on our mvp!

I agree!

It's incredible, just BL&$DY incredible, the DEJA VU is just incredible....

"yeah baby, lets start talking about NOT renewing our best player of the year so far just 3 weeks in, YEAH brilliant, he's too old blah blag fkn blah!

yeah baby lets get rid of him just like Gifty and Kitey, too bloody old, obviously can't compete, and yeah how smart are we picking this out!"

ONLY problem is.....he is competing mightily, will likely continue to do so and does not deserve to be the topic of the garbage heap AT ALL.

Some of you can well and truly stuff themselves, making the same idiot mistakes that got us going on the journey through hell to start with.....INCREDIBLE

Good call. Do you think billy as a 19 yr old in the forwards did enough against North Queensland to show us he deserves a new contract?

I agree!

It's incredible, just BL&$DY incredible, the DEJA VU is just incredible....

"yeah baby, lets start talking about NOT renewing our best player of the year so far just 3 weeks in, YEAH brilliant, he's too old blah blag fkn blah!

yeah baby lets get rid of him just like Gifty and Kitey, too bloody old, obviously can't compete, and yeah how smart are we picking this out!"

ONLY problem is.....he is competing mightily, will likely continue to do so and does not deserve to be the topic of the garbage heap AT ALL.

Some of you can well and truly stuff themselves, making the same idiot mistakes that got us going on the journey through hell to start with.....INCREDIBLE
What a load of trollop. As much as we all like BJ, he was never in the class of the Stewarts or Kite. People say he has been outstanding this year - well he has given his all that is for sure; however, outstanding?

Outstanding for a prop is a 180m, 40 tackle effort in a game - that is outstanding, BJ has made 286m and 91 tackles in three games with an average of 95m and 30 tackles - hardly outstanding. He also has the equal highest error count in the team and gives away quite a few penalties - again, not outstanding.

Don't get me wrong, he tries very hard and is a quality person, but I think emotion can cloud people's judgement. And yes, age is a factor that you just can't ignore - 33 next year which will see those stats get worse, not better.

Bainbridge and Parker are a must. We have let a couple of good youngsters go that have kicked on and we can't do that again with these two.

I'd not re-sign the others.

I really appreciate what Lawrence has done; however, 33 next year and I'd be happy for him to pick up good dollars to see out his career in the ESL. I think it would extend his career a little.

I don't think Johnnie Walker is still with us.
Correct!

Good call. Do you think billy as a 19 yr old in the forwards did enough against North Queensland to show us he deserves a new contract?
To be honest mate, Billy is an enthusiastic, committed back rower with a massive motor....and will improve big time in the next 2 years - Hope he gets more time to prove himself with all these blokes coming back....He let Glanville slide past for Cows first try, ....but a thing I like with Billy - no head drops - rips straight back in and gets it done next set....will he be signed, imo - Yes....potentially a long term player at Manly for years to come.

To be honest mate, Billy is an enthusiastic, committed back rower with a massive motor....and will improve big time in the next 2 years - Hope he gets more time to prove himself with all these blokes coming back....He let Glanville slide past for Cows first try, ....but a thing I like with Billy - no head drops - rips straight back in and gets it done next set....will he be signed, imo - Yes....potentially a long term player at Manly for years to come.
Thought sirronen could have done better defensively on the try.but your right he seems manly through and through

Pretty certain Bainbridge and Parker are already being spoken to about new contracts. Hard to say about Lawrence. Impression was they were happy to let him go. I would keep him for another 2 years. Taufua maybe. Winterstein looks solid...good back up forward unless they pick up a couple of rising stars. J. Wright a miss.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10