What's really stupid - beyond stupid

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So is it really stupid? Or something other than stupid, beyond stupid even? Can it be both? Does that even make sense?
Or is this just what the offseason has become, incoherent ramblings.
Can't wait for #NextWeek.

Not sure how you can call for the abolition of international football, because your players might get injured, but retain SOO - a much more intense variety of representative football than the current international version?

I for one am proud that our club has had more than 70 players* (an average of course of about one per year) represent Australia.** I think only one other club (perhaps Easts) have had more, and they have been competing without a break since 1908.

*It’s one of those things that adds to Manly-Warringah’s mystique as one of the greatest clubs in the game, despite other clubs having had a 39 year head start.

**And others represent NZ, et al.

Last edited:
What's farcical is calling it a "world" cup. You don't even have representation from all the continents; South America or Africa. I guess it follows the same logic of calling it a "national" competition without representation of all 6 states.. So the state of origin series played out just between nsw & qld.. If it WAS a world cup you'd expect that the opening ceremony/game would attract 80,000 fans. Couldn't even fill out AAMI Park. The A league last week had 10,000 more spectators.. I love the game but let's not live in fantasy land. There's no use in trying to develop the game globally when it is struggling locally with inept management and leadership. Don't want any more manly boys or any other player for that matter getting injured over a fake tin cup.

What kind of answer is that? Its their families country mate, its in their blood its their country.

What kind of answer is that? it is the truth. My family came from overseas but who gives a **** not me I'm an Australian first and last couldn't give a **** where my family came from. So going on that than Australia should withdraw from the competition because we all come from somewhere and should represent our parents or grandparents homeland. If that is the case when do we field a team? Either way I have wasted to much time already on a nothing tournament.

Last edited:
Hayne is an extreme example of a bloke that wants to be all things , either to himself or something else, I dunno what.
Fifita could've just taken the money and played for Australia for 10 times as much. I'm no fan of his but this time he probably did something for an honourable reason to represent his father.
As I've said, go tell them they are wrong.
See how you go.
I don't particularly like circus's but if I don't like something I don't have anything to do with it.
Like now.
I'm going to watch the world cup.
Agree. And this tournament strengthens league as a package as well. A full house in PNG, 20 000 fans for NZ v Samoa. A strong England side, Tonga v NZ, Tonga v Samoa. All of it good for the game, all of it important when it comes to getting tv $$ and competing with the AFL. It’s all well and good to say f$&& it off and I only support Manly, but the truth is, without SOO and international football, the AFL would clean us out as far as money coming back into the game is concerned.

What kind of answer is that? it is the truth. My family came from overseas but who gives a **** not me I'm an Australian first and last couldn't give a **** where my family came from. So going on that than Australia should withdraw from the competition because we all come from somewhere and should represent our parents or grandparents homeland. If that is the case when do we field a team? Either way I have wasted to much time already on a nothing tournament.
No respect for your heratige mate wow... If you miss out on teir one selection you should have the right to play for your other country, nothing wrong with that. And its a nothing tournament? Tell that to all the players who dreamed on representing international footy for the league, think about all the fans, like PNG.

That Fijian side is very strong on paper and after last night’s game, would give a good accounting of themselves against AS, NZ or England. PNG are on the rise and there are enough Polynesians who might miss out on NZ (or AS) selection to field strong teams, last night’s Samoan performance notwithstanding.

Terry Randall only played five minor games on the 1973 Kangaroo tour due to injury. But he was still raring to go when the 1974 season kicked off.

Sure, you could bring up a counter-argument like Johnny Gibbs in 1978, something which impacted badly on his 1979-80 seasons. However he should never have toured in the first place with his hamstring injury. Something he has long since freely admitted.

So please avoid hyperventilating about Jake’s injury. If he didn’t want to represent Australia, he wouldn’t have played. And if he was frightened of injuring himself, he wouldn’t be playing the game.

My interest in the World Cup relates to only those teams not expected to win. I'm especially interested in the four Pac island teams PNG, Fiji, Samoa and Tonga. They are the big movers in the game and I hope they give the big boys a real fright. How good would it be for say Tonga to win the title. Very unlikely but for the game as a whole, it would be priceless

My interest in the World Cup relates to only those teams not expected to win. I'm especially interested in the four Pac island teams PNG, Fiji, Samoa and Tonga. They are the big movers in the game and I hope they give the big boys a real fright. How good would it be for say Tonga to win the title. Very unlikely but for the game as a whole, it would be priceless
Not related but remember Sri Lanka won the 1996 cricket World Cup, who would have predicted that? Anything can happen.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8