What's really stupid - beyond stupid

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

bazeagle

Bencher
How does the Rugby League buy into this bollocks that genuine league fans really do give a toss about the World Cup and other rep games. It's time to get real. As many here and elsewhere say, repeatedly: league is a tribal game. Built on epic historical suburban rivalries and fierce local battles. So no wonder when the tepid interest in this World Cup (and the rank embarrassing opening ceremony too btw) and other rep games results in poor crowd attendances.

What really rankles true league fans is that their treasured stars are exposed, after a brutal NRL season to yet more games....and they GET INJURED. Like Jake. And Dylan.

Let's dump the lot. Yep. Can them. Can the World Cup. Can the Anzac Test. Keep the NRL season and Origin - flick the rest.

How does the Rugby League buy into this bollocks that genuine league fans really do give a toss about the World Cup and other rep games. It's time to get real. As many here and elsewhere say, repeatedly: league is a tribal game. Built on epic historical suburban rivalries and fierce local battles. So no wonder when the tepid interest in this World Cup (and the rank embarrassing opening ceremony too btw) and other rep games results in poor crowd attendances.

What really rankles true league fans is that their treasured stars are exposed, after a brutal NRL season to yet more games....and they GET INJURED. Like Jake. And Dylan.

Let's dump the lot. Yep. Can them. Can the World Cup. Can the Anzac Test. Keep the NRL season and Origin - flick the rest.

Love your work mate but gotta disagree on this one.

I hate the injuries but this competition allows so many to get a go at a rep game and that’s a benefit for every player who gets the chance.

And what about that crowd for the Kumuls v Wales, how good was that for PNG.

I know where you are coming from though!

Baz normally I agree with a lot of your stuff.
Not this. As I said on another thread go tell the players they can't play for their country and you'll get your head punched in.
Or follow that crap that was unfortunately invented by an Australian to keep cricketers fit in winter.
Can't play that and represent your country unless you want to play an abridged version that kids could invent in the playground.
Why you might also get a merit certificate you can hang in your man cave saying you are 'all Australian' but didn't play anything.
If anyone thinks that rugby league can survive being run by the NRL and surviving purely on the east coast of Oz then think again.
Exposure is shrinking while other sports grow.
Tell Polynesian folk it's a time waster.
But at least you created a thread for the whingers to go to.
Points for that.
So they can leave the rest of us alone.

International footy is a must. True the injuries suck. Although we need to continue to develop as a global game. And players will always want to represent their country. Look at the flood of players keen to represent Tonga, there is still definitely tribalism in the international game. Unlike AFL who have to come up with some garbage hybrid game to try and suggest they have an international presence.

I honestly couldn't care less about the whole world cup thing barring injuries to our great Manly side . But the png win today is the best thing to me so far in the competition and the sooner they get them into the nrl , through crowds and true passion alone is a winner.

lol the tongan team is full of Australians and Kiwis. Let's just get rid of birth certificates they mean **** all you can play for who you want and claim it to be a world cup.
Like its the only sport you can do that in.

Like its the only sport you can do that in.
No not saying that it is a farce with our rugby team which is made up of mostly kiwis. Sports that bend rules constantly to make a fake competition deserve no respect.
I love the kumuls because they are a true team of png not some grandparent rule team.

No not saying that it is a farce with our rugby team which is made up of mostly kiwis. Sports that bend rules constantly to make a fake competition deserve no respect.
I love the kumuls because they are a true team of png not some grandparent rule team.
Probably because there's not a sh*toad of immigrants have made PNG home or gone there looking for opportunities that bigger nations can provide.

Probably because there's not a sh*toad of immigrants have made PNG home or gone there looking for opportunities that bigger nations can provide.

What's that got to do with anything? you seem to believe in open slather I don't think it's fair for the kumuls to be going up against a combined Aussie and Kiwi B sides. Fifita and Hopoate are hardly immigrants to just name two. The biggest laugh of the comp is Fifita one day an Indigenous All Stars rep the next playing for another country. It's a joke competition and the sooner it's scrapped the better.

I agree.....................maybe SoO can stay but the RLWC is just a bull**** competition..........who the f**k really cares!

NZ v Samoa, Fiji v USA.....................look I' so desperate for Rugby league, I even watch the English super league....................but even i'm giving these games a miss!

Rugby League for me is only ever about Manly! I couldn't give a toss about the Kangaroos.

I feel and share your pain!

How many players in PNG would even qualify for the grandparent rule of which you refer?
Point being nil.
So they make do with what they have.
With other nations it's a different ball game.
Players have dual citizenship or, as I thought I said, like in most other sports can represent through ancestry.
You should get it now.

How many players in PNG would even qualify for the grandparent rule of which you refer?
Point being nil.
So they make do with what they have.
With other nations it's a different ball game.
Players have dual citizenship or, as I thought I said, like in most other sports can represent through ancestry.
You should get it now.

I get it and it is a joke dual citizenship lol we saw what the high court thinks of that. Represent through grandparents yeah leave me out of that the comp is a joke.
Also these other sports you talk about have rules like wait 4 years before changing not the non existent rules like this.

Hayne wakes up one day I play for Australia next day I play for Fiji same **** with fifita if you like a circus good on you.

I get it and it is a joke dual citizenship lol we saw what the high court thinks of that. Represent through grandparents yeah leave me out of that the comp is a joke.
Also these other sports you talk about have rules like wait 4 years before changing not the non existent rules like this.

Hayne wakes up one day I play for Australia next day I play for Fiji same **** with fifita if you like a circus good on you.
Hayne is an extreme example of a bloke that wants to be all things , either to himself or something else, I dunno what.
Fifita could've just taken the money and played for Australia for 10 times as much. I'm no fan of his but this time he probably did something for an honourable reason to represent his father.
As I've said, go tell them they are wrong.
See how you go.
I don't particularly like circus's but if I don't like something I don't have anything to do with it.
Like now.
I'm going to watch the world cup.

Hayne is an extreme example of a bloke that wants to be all things , either to himself or something else, I dunno what.
Fifita could've just taken the money and played for Australia for 10 times as much. I'm no fan of his but this time he probably did something for an honourable reason to represent his father.
As I've said, go tell them they are wrong.
See how you go.
I don't particularly like circus's but if I don't like something I don't have anything to do with it.
Like now.
I'm going to watch the world cup.

No problems man respect your opinion.

Nice generalisations

Guess I'm one of the group that isn't a "genuine" or "true" league fan

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10