What do we want from Barrett? (Or any coach?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
how about a coach that knows about the game today,fmd even crusty old bennett has got his head around todays game
I can't argue with that. When he was appointed I heard all sorts of stories from players saying they wanted to play for him and that he was a new age modern thinker. He must have left that behind at Penrith.

I'd like a coach who's his own man, unfortunately I feel someone else is pulling the strings and their team selections have been woefully out of date for the last decade.

The best coach is a motivator who has players believe in his structures & play with a controlled aggression from the kickoff....& have pride for the team they represent.
Not sure Barrett has had a fair go after 10 weeks with a muddled , changing side but needs improvement soon to win back the fans - better effort would be a start, as the players appears to be lacking energy & though this is a big part - players responsibility...its also a big part of the coaching system, as players will only perform if they buy into expectations outlined by the coaching staff, who understand the morals of what has made Manly so successful in the past.

A coach who selects his team on form, correct positions & without favoritism! Clewless Brown, Blake Bleary...........WTF. I've supported everything that Barrett has done up until his selections for this weekend! AFB dropped to reggies..........& Bleary stays in? If AFB is injured then why is he named in NSW Cup? What's he done wrong? What will this do to AFB's confidence? One reason the Broncos, Cowboys, Sharks etc. are going well is because their team is basically the same every week barring injury, which gives them time to form good combinations & play as a team! Yes we've had injuries but this is becoming a boring excuse!
Well said

From any coach, you need a motivator, guardian, leader, and above all else stewardship (mutual trust between coach and player, and player and the teams organisation).

Not sure if any of those traits are present in Trent, but I can say they were in De$.

The clubs management lost all currency with supporters last season. Lets face facts, Barrett got 90% of the players he wanted, and the club released a very good coach and club legend in Geoff Toovey. That disgrace of a supposed human being fat slob zorba peters claimed that Toovey should have made the finals with the team he had. Ok, so if Barrett misses them with the squad he wanted, then he should be walked. He is selecting a gun 3 at 6, leaving the out of form 3 where he is and is lost with the forward make up. While the Trbojevic brothers are good, they have been far too hyped. They brought in a supposed defensive messiah in Seibold, yet we leak points at will. Cherry-Evans, Myles and Lyon have been horrid. The organisation is a mess.

I think the club needs to look at the possibility of a return to Hasler, with a succession plan in place to Kelly Egan. I like Trent Barrett as a man, but he is seriously out of depth as a coach. I hope that I am wrong and wined up with serious egg on my face but the signs are not good at Manly.

I'd like a coach who's his own man, unfortunately I feel someone else is pulling the strings and their team selections have been woefully out of date for the last decade.
No unfortunately it is Barrett pulling the strings. He is completely lost, and everyone at that club knows it too. That fat slob zorba peters is quiet and only appears to excuse make.

You wouldn't be referring to the architect of NSW's last 10 yrs of Origin,the man who thinks his son deserved a spot in first grade,the man who demands his sons have jobs at the club,the man that sits beside a fellow bully in Hadley and the man who was front and centre in the media bragging about how he turned the club around with all the great signings yet is nowhere to be seen currently when those signings are playing poorly?Only signing that is paying dividends is Parcell and he had nothing to do with his signature

You wouldn't be referring to the architect of NSW's last 10 yrs of Origin,the man who thinks his son deserved a spot in first grade,the man who demands his sons have jobs at the club,the man that sits beside a fellow bully in Hadley and the man who was front and centre in the media bragging about how he turned the club around with all the great signings yet is nowhere to be seen currently when those signings are playing poorly?Only signing that is paying dividends is Parcell and he had nothing to do with his signature

As a staunch Sea Eagle, I have great discomfort that we honour a person like Bob Fulton the way we do. Let us not forget, he left us to join the Rooster in 1977. While that's fine, he should certainly not have a stand named after him, or wield recruitment power.

I though Cartwright was going to look after recruitment??

Here's a link to a story I read last year....

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/manly-recruit-cartwright-odonnell/

Rookie head coach Trent Barrett will be assisted by Cartwright after the 50-year-old spent the past season assisting Paul Green at the Cowboys.

In addition to his assistant coach duties Cartwright will also oversee recruitment at the club.

Former NRL player Anthony Seibold also joins the club as an assistant following a stint three-year stint with the Storm.

O’Donnell is the other big name recruit to the staff. He will take up the role as assistant strength and conditioning coach.

Manly Sea Eagles 2016 coaching staff

Head coach: Trent Barrett

Assistant coach/recruitment manager: John Cartwright

Assistant coach: Anthony Seibold

Head of physical performance: Dan Ferris

Assistant strength & conditioning coach: Luke O’Donnell

Football operations manager: Charlie Haggett

Head trainer: Alex Ross

Head physio: Chris Bailey

Last edited:
I want him to start developing our rookies for next year of three years when we can actually be a premiership threat. Tom turbo should be put at fullback a lot more. Give AFB some more game time and blood young Knight for f##ks sake

RENOUF QUESTIONS BARRETT

League great Steve Renouf has questioned the coaching capabilities of new Manly coach Trent Barrett.

Barrett took over the helm at the Sea Eagles before the start of the season after Geoff Toovey’s sacking.

So far, the club sits 12th on the NRL ladder after 10 rounds with four wins and six losses.

Renouf, a former Origin and Test star, reckons the Manly board made the wrong call on Toovey and his successor isn’t the right guy for the job.

“I never agreed with that decision,” Renouf told NRL 360 on Thursday night.

“I truly believe Trent Barrett doesn’t have the goods to take this team.

“I don’t know if there’s too much happening behind the scenes at Manly but they’re showing that on the field.

“There’s a lack of commitment, when there’s a mistake you don’t see them lift.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/808aa33c3fa1f9cb91375fd2adb90dc9

image.png
In today's Telegraph, by Paul Crawley

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8